Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 57

post #841 of 852

Yes put them up for sale here. Make sure you have a PayPal account ready. If you sell them at 240 USD they'll sell extremely fast. They normally go for around 300 here. 

post #842 of 852

Hi guys,

 

Wondering if you have any recommendations for headphones at a similar price range to the ES10? I lost mine recently and loved the ES10 but at the same time, wouldn't mind trying out another brand.

 

Thanks in advance,

 

James

post #843 of 852
Quote: leungie
Hi guys,

 

Wondering if you have any recommendations for headphones at a similar price range to the ES10? I lost mine recently and loved the ES10 but at the same time, wouldn't mind trying out another brand.

 

Thanks in advance,

 

James

 

B&W P7 maybe? I've been itching to try it out my self. It kind of falls in the same category as the es10 and it's suppose to be more fun sounding rather than neutral (just like the es10's :).


Edited by zool - 7/30/14 at 3:10am
post #844 of 852

I don't feel the ES10 is neutral, it's a little bass heavy.

post #845 of 852

My ES10 is up for sale. I'll be buying another one someday, I just need the funds for a couple other things right now.

post #846 of 852

Well, guess what, folks?

 

After a few days of trying the newest tuning of my ES10, I can say that it is finally... finished.

 

This is the exact sound signature I have always wanted out of the ES10.

 

I will soon do a formal comparison to the stock ES10, and then I'll post some instructions on how to achieve the same with your ES10 for those who are interested.

 

A brief comparison with the stock ES10 shows: improved soundstage, improved clarity, improved vocal presence, improved bass response (no longer bloated, more impact, more textured, more extension). Basically it's just overall better. :basshead:

 

So please let me know if you are interested in knowing how to achieve this. I understand if there is not enough interest, though, since the ES10 is probably one of the most underrated headphones ever. People usually just listen to it and either go "I like it" or "I hate it" without considering the potential of the drivers.

post #847 of 852

I am interested. I only know of the wooden cup and copper cable mod you did

post #848 of 852

I too am quite interested.  The ES10 is my primary headphone, and each small improvement I have made on it myself (recabling, ES11 pads) has helped.  Please be as explicit about your mods as possible,with pictures if needed.  I look forward to hearing what you did.

post #849 of 852

Looking forward to your mods too.

 

Trying to sell my older ES10 but it doesn't seem to be getting much love here locally.

 

I'm now considering modding it.

post #850 of 852
Why wouldn't you sell it here in the classifieds? They'd sell here easily.
post #851 of 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post
 

Well, guess what, folks?

 

After a few days of trying the newest tuning of my ES10, I can say that it is finally... finished.

 

This is the exact sound signature I have always wanted out of the ES10.

 

I will soon do a formal comparison to the stock ES10, and then I'll post some instructions on how to achieve the same with your ES10 for those who are interested.

 

A brief comparison with the stock ES10 shows: improved soundstage, improved clarity, improved vocal presence, improved bass response (no longer bloated, more impact, more textured, more extension). Basically it's just overall better. :basshead:

 

So please let me know if you are interested in knowing how to achieve this. I understand if there is not enough interest, though, since the ES10 is probably one of the most underrated headphones ever. People usually just listen to it and either go "I like it" or "I hate it" without considering the potential of the drivers.

I can testify how good Bill's modded ES10's sound. 

 

Heard it on 2 separate occasions, and the amount of improvement that I've heard each time is simply amazing. 

 

Currently not looking into portable headphones, but his ES10's do sound really good that I'm quite tempted...

post #852 of 852

Well, what do I know? Interest is amazingly higher than I anticipated. I figured if at least one other person was interested, I would publish the results.

 

Looks like I'll have a busy week ahead, so I'll make sure to document this as well as humanly possible.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_One411 View Post
 

I can testify how good Bill's modded ES10's sound. 

 

Heard it on 2 separate occasions, and the amount of improvement that I've heard each time is simply amazing. 

 

Currently not looking into portable headphones, but his ES10's do sound really good that I'm quite tempted...

 

 

Thanks, Jeff!

 

And you still haven't heard the current version yet, which... I regard as being better than anything I have ever done thus far.

 

Having the HE-560 close by as a reference helped tremendously as I quite like its relatively neutral sound (albeit a wee bit bright).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread