- 2,710 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: Japan, Tokyo.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 38post #556 of 9587/22/13 at 2:17amGood question. I will check.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 9587/25/13 at 5:35pmpost #558 of 9587/25/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Oh wow. I am envious.post #559 of 9587/25/13 at 6:52pmQuote:oh wow.
I want! How much for that mod?post #560 of 9587/26/13 at 12:19ampost #561 of 9587/26/13 at 12:45amQuote:
I think I detected saliva on my keyboard.
The Audio Technica CEO needs to see that. What's his email.post #562 of 9587/26/13 at 12:48ampost #563 of 9587/26/13 at 11:26ampost #564 of 9587/27/13 at 12:13pmFinally. Just got it a short moment ago.
Brief impression: faaaarrrr more defined bass. Sounds a lot more like bookshelf speakers. Much sweeter midrange and treble as well, even though the whole presentation remains largely the same. It's like adding magic.
At this point, I can hardly find anything to nitpick about this.
Oh, and it looks much better in person. I'll take some photos.
Again, photos don't quite capture the beauty of the headphone. You really gotta see it in person.
Edited by Bill-P - 7/27/13 at 1:29pmpost #565 of 9587/27/13 at 3:38pmpost #566 of 9587/27/13 at 10:05pmpost #567 of 9587/27/13 at 11:09pmQuote:Oooo myyyeeeee Gggaawwdd!!!
From the looks there seems to be more space in the cups(for modding) as well!lol
Wow! That baby put any portable to shame!
That is like "immortalizing" an es10 for all time! Needs to be on display at Audio Technica's main headquarters!
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/27/13 at 11:19pmpost #568 of 9587/28/13 at 5:40am
God that is beautiful..
Just got my pair, still waiting on the ESW11 pads though (it becomes unbearable after a while with the stock pads). I am impressed, but prefer the ESW9 at this stage.
Also, before I upgrade to the wood cups (!), how have people been sanding down the shiny surface of the ES10s? What specific method/technique?
The stock cable is okay, but I may upgrade it in the future.
Still need more time with these but they same like a very underrated model..
Edited by coolguyalex - 7/28/13 at 5:43ampost #569 of 9587/28/13 at 9:19amQuote:
Hahaha, yeah. There's definitely more room for modding. Though I probably would never open these up again at this rate.
I don't have a stock pair for direct comparison, but what I'm hearing is just awesome for a pair of portable. Soundstage is the only thing that's lacking.post #570 of 9587/29/13 at 7:44am
Hi there, ES10 lover fellows! ;-)
Haven't been around for a while, and just wanted to share a few thoughts on our beloved ES10.
After almost 6 months of unsuccessful attemps to source AHH-HPP5 to carry around ES10, RSA Predator USB DAC/Amp, cables etc., I started to look at third-party alternatives. And I have recently got what I think is as close to perfect as I could have found: Pioneer HDJ-HC01. Here are some pics for your reference.
The case itself is very good quality. Hard shell gives nice protection, soft inner padding is giving due care to components inside.
You can see that it's a near-perfect fit for ES10, even with cups extended, which I like a lot, as I don't have to contract them all the way every time for storage. RSA Predator is sitting atop Xperia Sola (used as a portable source). I have a small separate pouch for the Sola/Predator combo, not shown here. It fits right inside the headband, so items are not all over the place when on the go.
There's a convenient removable zipper pouch (velcro attached) holds smaller accessories (could be a tad bigger to my taste).
So if you're looking for a nice carry case for ES10 - put this one on the list :-)
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 1 minute ago
- › FS: SR80 drivers with wood cup. 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hello! Having issues with my V-Moda m100s 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Underpass: Solution to or Cause of Traffic...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)