- 3,039 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: Japan, Tokyo.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 38post #556 of 10167/22/13 at 2:17amGood question. I will check.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 10167/25/13 at 5:35pmpost #558 of 10167/25/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Oh wow. I am envious.post #559 of 10167/25/13 at 6:52pmQuote:oh wow.
I want! How much for that mod?post #560 of 10167/26/13 at 12:19ampost #561 of 10167/26/13 at 12:45amQuote:
I think I detected saliva on my keyboard.
The Audio Technica CEO needs to see that. What's his email.post #562 of 10167/26/13 at 12:48ampost #563 of 10167/26/13 at 11:26ampost #564 of 10167/27/13 at 12:13pmFinally. Just got it a short moment ago.
Brief impression: faaaarrrr more defined bass. Sounds a lot more like bookshelf speakers. Much sweeter midrange and treble as well, even though the whole presentation remains largely the same. It's like adding magic.
At this point, I can hardly find anything to nitpick about this.
Oh, and it looks much better in person. I'll take some photos.
Again, photos don't quite capture the beauty of the headphone. You really gotta see it in person.
Edited by Bill-P - 7/27/13 at 1:29pmpost #565 of 10167/27/13 at 3:38pmpost #566 of 10167/27/13 at 10:05pmpost #567 of 10167/27/13 at 11:09pmQuote:Oooo myyyeeeee Gggaawwdd!!!
From the looks there seems to be more space in the cups(for modding) as well!lol
Wow! That baby put any portable to shame!
That is like "immortalizing" an es10 for all time! Needs to be on display at Audio Technica's main headquarters!
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/27/13 at 11:19pmpost #568 of 10167/28/13 at 5:40am
God that is beautiful..
Just got my pair, still waiting on the ESW11 pads though (it becomes unbearable after a while with the stock pads). I am impressed, but prefer the ESW9 at this stage.
Also, before I upgrade to the wood cups (!), how have people been sanding down the shiny surface of the ES10s? What specific method/technique?
The stock cable is okay, but I may upgrade it in the future.
Still need more time with these but they same like a very underrated model..
Edited by coolguyalex - 7/28/13 at 5:43ampost #569 of 10167/28/13 at 9:19amQuote:
Hahaha, yeah. There's definitely more room for modding. Though I probably would never open these up again at this rate.
I don't have a stock pair for direct comparison, but what I'm hearing is just awesome for a pair of portable. Soundstage is the only thing that's lacking.post #570 of 10167/29/13 at 7:44am
Hi there, ES10 lover fellows! ;-)
Haven't been around for a while, and just wanted to share a few thoughts on our beloved ES10.
After almost 6 months of unsuccessful attemps to source AHH-HPP5 to carry around ES10, RSA Predator USB DAC/Amp, cables etc., I started to look at third-party alternatives. And I have recently got what I think is as close to perfect as I could have found: Pioneer HDJ-HC01. Here are some pics for your reference.
The case itself is very good quality. Hard shell gives nice protection, soft inner padding is giving due care to components inside.
You can see that it's a near-perfect fit for ES10, even with cups extended, which I like a lot, as I don't have to contract them all the way every time for storage. RSA Predator is sitting atop Xperia Sola (used as a portable source). I have a small separate pouch for the Sola/Predator combo, not shown here. It fits right inside the headband, so items are not all over the place when on the go.
There's a convenient removable zipper pouch (velcro attached) holds smaller accessories (could be a tad bigger to my taste).
So if you're looking for a nice carry case for ES10 - put this one on the list :-)
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! just now
- › FS: NAD HP50 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 47 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 52 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Baldoor/Mrice E100 Frequency Graph...how's it look? 1 minute ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 2 minutes ago
- › Portland - Oregon Head-Fi Meet, May 7th 9:30am - 3:30 pm Mt Scott... 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 3 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse