- 3,921 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: Japan, Tokyo.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 38post #556 of 10557/22/13 at 2:17amGood question. I will check.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 10557/25/13 at 5:35pmFirst image from Martin. One word: WOW!
That is possibly the most beautiful portable headphone I have ever seen! Can't wait to hear what the wood cups would do to the sound!post #558 of 10557/25/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Oh wow. I am envious.post #559 of 10557/25/13 at 6:52pmQuote:oh wow.
I want! How much for that mod?post #560 of 10557/26/13 at 12:19ampost #561 of 10557/26/13 at 12:45amQuote:
I think I detected saliva on my keyboard.
The Audio Technica CEO needs to see that. What's his email.post #562 of 10557/26/13 at 12:48ampost #563 of 10557/26/13 at 11:26ampost #564 of 10557/27/13 at 12:13pmFinally. Just got it a short moment ago.
Brief impression: faaaarrrr more defined bass. Sounds a lot more like bookshelf speakers. Much sweeter midrange and treble as well, even though the whole presentation remains largely the same. It's like adding magic.
At this point, I can hardly find anything to nitpick about this.
Oh, and it looks much better in person. I'll take some photos.
Again, photos don't quite capture the beauty of the headphone. You really gotta see it in person.
Edited by Bill-P - 7/27/13 at 1:29pmpost #565 of 10557/27/13 at 3:38pmpost #566 of 10557/27/13 at 10:05pmNo, sorry...
My frame of reference now is compared to a heavily modded W1000X, which... actually sounds very similar to the ES10, except that it has larger soundstage.post #567 of 10557/27/13 at 11:09pmQuote:Oooo myyyeeeee Gggaawwdd!!!
From the looks there seems to be more space in the cups(for modding) as well!lol
Wow! That baby put any portable to shame!
That is like "immortalizing" an es10 for all time! Needs to be on display at Audio Technica's main headquarters!
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/27/13 at 11:19pmpost #568 of 10557/28/13 at 5:40am
God that is beautiful..
Just got my pair, still waiting on the ESW11 pads though (it becomes unbearable after a while with the stock pads). I am impressed, but prefer the ESW9 at this stage.
Also, before I upgrade to the wood cups (!), how have people been sanding down the shiny surface of the ES10s? What specific method/technique?
The stock cable is okay, but I may upgrade it in the future.
Still need more time with these but they same like a very underrated model..
Edited by coolguyalex - 7/28/13 at 5:43ampost #569 of 10557/28/13 at 9:19amQuote:
Hahaha, yeah. There's definitely more room for modding. Though I probably would never open these up again at this rate.
I don't have a stock pair for direct comparison, but what I'm hearing is just awesome for a pair of portable. Soundstage is the only thing that's lacking.post #570 of 10557/29/13 at 7:44am
Hi there, ES10 lover fellows! ;-)
Haven't been around for a while, and just wanted to share a few thoughts on our beloved ES10.
After almost 6 months of unsuccessful attemps to source AHH-HPP5 to carry around ES10, RSA Predator USB DAC/Amp, cables etc., I started to look at third-party alternatives. And I have recently got what I think is as close to perfect as I could have found: Pioneer HDJ-HC01. Here are some pics for your reference.
The case itself is very good quality. Hard shell gives nice protection, soft inner padding is giving due care to components inside.
You can see that it's a near-perfect fit for ES10, even with cups extended, which I like a lot, as I don't have to contract them all the way every time for storage. RSA Predator is sitting atop Xperia Sola (used as a portable source). I have a small separate pouch for the Sola/Predator combo, not shown here. It fits right inside the headband, so items are not all over the place when on the go.
There's a convenient removable zipper pouch (velcro attached) holds smaller accessories (could be a tad bigger to my taste).
So if you're looking for a nice carry case for ES10 - put this one on the list :-)
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Koss KTXPRO1....an awesome portable headphone! 5 minutes ago
- › Zeus XR ADEL 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear