- 2,573 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: Japan, Tokyo.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 38post #556 of 9037/22/13 at 2:17amGood question. I will check.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 9037/25/13 at 5:35pmpost #558 of 9037/25/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Oh wow. I am envious.post #559 of 9037/25/13 at 6:52pmQuote:oh wow.
I want! How much for that mod?post #560 of 9037/25/13 at 10:45pmMartin cut me some slack at $470. That already included Paypal fees and next-day shipping.
The cable is 99.99% pure copper with the same length as the original cable.
Ear cups have been worked on, obviously, but Martin also worked on a custom wood splitter for the wire, and then a custom wood cover for that 3.5mm port.
I wanted to have something that looks as close to a portable W3000ANV as possible. But what came out of this is quite possibly something even better. It looks more like a W5000 but with W3000ANV finish, and more "flaming" look. Not unlike this:
I know the wood cups actually helped "train" the sound of the W3000ANV from measurements at Changstar...
And without cups:
So I am very interested in seeing (hearing) how the new wood ear cups would affect the sound of the ES10.post #561 of 9037/26/13 at 12:19ampost #562 of 9037/26/13 at 12:45amQuote:
I think I detected saliva on my keyboard.
The Audio Technica CEO needs to see that. What's his email.post #563 of 9037/26/13 at 12:48ampost #564 of 9037/26/13 at 11:26ampost #565 of 9037/27/13 at 12:13pmFinally. Just got it a short moment ago.
Brief impression: faaaarrrr more defined bass. Sounds a lot more like bookshelf speakers. Much sweeter midrange and treble as well, even though the whole presentation remains largely the same. It's like adding magic.
At this point, I can hardly find anything to nitpick about this.
Oh, and it looks much better in person. I'll take some photos.
Again, photos don't quite capture the beauty of the headphone. You really gotta see it in person.
Edited by Bill-P - 7/27/13 at 1:29pmpost #566 of 9037/27/13 at 3:38pmpost #567 of 9037/27/13 at 10:05pmpost #568 of 9037/27/13 at 11:09pmQuote:Oooo myyyeeeee Gggaawwdd!!!
From the looks there seems to be more space in the cups(for modding) as well!lol
Wow! That baby put any portable to shame!
That is like "immortalizing" an es10 for all time! Needs to be on display at Audio Technica's main headquarters!
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/27/13 at 11:19pmpost #569 of 9037/28/13 at 5:40am
God that is beautiful..
Just got my pair, still waiting on the ESW11 pads though (it becomes unbearable after a while with the stock pads). I am impressed, but prefer the ESW9 at this stage.
Also, before I upgrade to the wood cups (!), how have people been sanding down the shiny surface of the ES10s? What specific method/technique?
The stock cable is okay, but I may upgrade it in the future.
Still need more time with these but they same like a very underrated model..
Edited by coolguyalex - 7/28/13 at 5:43ampost #570 of 9037/28/13 at 9:19amQuote:
Hahaha, yeah. There's definitely more room for modding. Though I probably would never open these up again at this rate.
I don't have a stock pair for direct comparison, but what I'm hearing is just awesome for a pair of portable. Soundstage is the only thing that's lacking.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › X3 firmware 3.22-3.24beta--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. #nooneleftbehind 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-V6 DETACHABLE CABLE MOD 4 minutes ago
- › FS: 20-25hrs NVX EX10S Dynamic IEMS (VSonic VR06 rebrands) 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › Change from Creative Aurvana live 1? 5 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from Samson SR850C 5 minutes ago
- › Dsavitsk/Beezar Torpedo Build Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing budget gaming headphones 7 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)