I've always been interested in these. Can anyone compare them to D5000s or my HJE900 IEM, in regards to tonality and overall timbre quality?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 3post #31 of 10484/13/12 at 2:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 10484/17/12 at 12:13am
I received my ES10s a couple weeks ago, and I love them! They are very detailed, reasonably comfortable, have a decent sound stage, and sound great with all music, though better with some music than others. I especially love the crunchy sounding percussion. The treble seemed really excessive at first, but improved to large but reasonable levels after about 20 hours burn-in. I'm not sure how much of that was psychoacoustical versus actual burn-in. The only substantial downside to the sound is that the mids sometimes sound a bit recessed -- vocals are sometimes drowned out by instruments. These headphones especially sound great with Dark Side of the Moon. And they're visually stunning to boot.post #33 of 10484/30/12 at 12:39pmpost #34 of 10485/16/12 at 3:41ampost #35 of 10485/19/12 at 7:49pmpost #36 of 10485/19/12 at 11:30pm
You are searching amongst sellers like joynetcafe on fleaBay or pricejapan.com, right? They are Japan-exclusive headphones so mainly the exporters carry them for us people overseas.
They appear to go for ~$350 on Amazon Japan, so $400 shipped for us is not too bad a price, although I think I've seen it for as low as ~$380.post #37 of 10485/20/12 at 12:00pm
So is buying thru Amazon marketplace....going to eliminate bootlegs/knockoffs? It is a little cheaper than pricejapan. They are still around $400. but i would hate to get a copy. I know the esw9 had alot of problems with that. I got mine originally from pricejapan right at release so there weren't any yet.
Edit-Checked Joynet too, that looks pretty legit.
Anyone tried these?
Edited by dallan - 5/20/12 at 12:11pmpost #38 of 10485/20/12 at 5:04pmpost #39 of 10485/20/12 at 5:11pm
cool, prob just get them thru Amazon marketplace, there are a few there. Thanks. Hope i like 'em, sight unheard. I have esw9's that i love and Ed8 LE, these would fill in the middle i hope. Kinda tweek sometimes going portable with $2000. headphones but sometimes the esw9's just aren't quite enough either.. my wife just looks and says "spoiled brat!"post #40 of 10485/20/12 at 5:11pmQuote:
Love the way that picture is done. Very artistic. It would've helped to clean the headphones thoughpost #41 of 10485/20/12 at 5:51pmpost #42 of 10485/21/12 at 4:07ampost #43 of 10485/21/12 at 7:23ampost #44 of 10485/21/12 at 6:25pm
Well I ordered on Sunday eve-Monday morning Japan time. Thinking about some kind of screen protector or something to put on the cups, in the end though scratches probably just come with the territory. Either way this phone seemed like it would suit my taste better than the other two options i had in mind.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Brainwavz HM5 Pads (Different Colours / Velour / Leather) 31 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 1 minute ago
- › Why do we pay $300 for headphones that cost $30 to manufacture? 1 minute ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 5 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 7 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 8 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 10 minutes ago
- › Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music... 10 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...