I've always been interested in these. Can anyone compare them to D5000s or my HJE900 IEM, in regards to tonality and overall timbre quality?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 3post #31 of 8524/13/12 at 2:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 8524/17/12 at 12:13am
I received my ES10s a couple weeks ago, and I love them! They are very detailed, reasonably comfortable, have a decent sound stage, and sound great with all music, though better with some music than others. I especially love the crunchy sounding percussion. The treble seemed really excessive at first, but improved to large but reasonable levels after about 20 hours burn-in. I'm not sure how much of that was psychoacoustical versus actual burn-in. The only substantial downside to the sound is that the mids sometimes sound a bit recessed -- vocals are sometimes drowned out by instruments. These headphones especially sound great with Dark Side of the Moon. And they're visually stunning to boot.post #33 of 8524/30/12 at 12:39pmpost #34 of 8525/16/12 at 3:41ampost #35 of 8525/19/12 at 7:49pmpost #36 of 8525/19/12 at 11:30pm
You are searching amongst sellers like joynetcafe on fleaBay or pricejapan.com, right? They are Japan-exclusive headphones so mainly the exporters carry them for us people overseas.
They appear to go for ~$350 on Amazon Japan, so $400 shipped for us is not too bad a price, although I think I've seen it for as low as ~$380.post #37 of 8525/20/12 at 12:00pm
So is buying thru Amazon marketplace....going to eliminate bootlegs/knockoffs? It is a little cheaper than pricejapan. They are still around $400. but i would hate to get a copy. I know the esw9 had alot of problems with that. I got mine originally from pricejapan right at release so there weren't any yet.
Edit-Checked Joynet too, that looks pretty legit.
Anyone tried these?
Edited by dallan - 5/20/12 at 12:11pmpost #38 of 8525/20/12 at 5:04pmpost #39 of 8525/20/12 at 5:11pm
cool, prob just get them thru Amazon marketplace, there are a few there. Thanks. Hope i like 'em, sight unheard. I have esw9's that i love and Ed8 LE, these would fill in the middle i hope. Kinda tweek sometimes going portable with $2000. headphones but sometimes the esw9's just aren't quite enough either.. my wife just looks and says "spoiled brat!"post #40 of 8525/20/12 at 5:11pmQuote:
Love the way that picture is done. Very artistic. It would've helped to clean the headphones thoughpost #41 of 8525/20/12 at 5:51pmpost #42 of 8525/21/12 at 4:07ampost #43 of 8525/21/12 at 7:23ampost #44 of 8525/21/12 at 6:25pm
Well I ordered on Sunday eve-Monday morning Japan time. Thinking about some kind of screen protector or something to put on the cups, in the end though scratches probably just come with the territory. Either way this phone seemed like it would suit my taste better than the other two options i had in mind.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Has anyone uses/used IsoClean audio-grade fuses? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New JDS Labs 18V cMoyBB Rechargeable 2.03r headphone amp cmoy 2 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-08-27 4 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)