I've always been interested in these. Can anyone compare them to D5000s or my HJE900 IEM, in regards to tonality and overall timbre quality?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 3post #31 of 8944/13/12 at 2:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 8944/17/12 at 12:13am
I received my ES10s a couple weeks ago, and I love them! They are very detailed, reasonably comfortable, have a decent sound stage, and sound great with all music, though better with some music than others. I especially love the crunchy sounding percussion. The treble seemed really excessive at first, but improved to large but reasonable levels after about 20 hours burn-in. I'm not sure how much of that was psychoacoustical versus actual burn-in. The only substantial downside to the sound is that the mids sometimes sound a bit recessed -- vocals are sometimes drowned out by instruments. These headphones especially sound great with Dark Side of the Moon. And they're visually stunning to boot.post #33 of 8944/30/12 at 12:39pmpost #34 of 8945/16/12 at 3:41ampost #35 of 8945/19/12 at 7:49pmpost #36 of 8945/19/12 at 11:30pm
You are searching amongst sellers like joynetcafe on fleaBay or pricejapan.com, right? They are Japan-exclusive headphones so mainly the exporters carry them for us people overseas.
They appear to go for ~$350 on Amazon Japan, so $400 shipped for us is not too bad a price, although I think I've seen it for as low as ~$380.post #37 of 8945/20/12 at 12:00pm
So is buying thru Amazon marketplace....going to eliminate bootlegs/knockoffs? It is a little cheaper than pricejapan. They are still around $400. but i would hate to get a copy. I know the esw9 had alot of problems with that. I got mine originally from pricejapan right at release so there weren't any yet.
Edit-Checked Joynet too, that looks pretty legit.
Anyone tried these?
Edited by dallan - 5/20/12 at 12:11pmpost #38 of 8945/20/12 at 5:04pmpost #39 of 8945/20/12 at 5:11pm
cool, prob just get them thru Amazon marketplace, there are a few there. Thanks. Hope i like 'em, sight unheard. I have esw9's that i love and Ed8 LE, these would fill in the middle i hope. Kinda tweek sometimes going portable with $2000. headphones but sometimes the esw9's just aren't quite enough either.. my wife just looks and says "spoiled brat!"post #40 of 8945/20/12 at 5:11pmQuote:
Love the way that picture is done. Very artistic. It would've helped to clean the headphones thoughpost #41 of 8945/20/12 at 5:51pmpost #42 of 8945/21/12 at 4:07ampost #43 of 8945/21/12 at 7:23ampost #44 of 8945/21/12 at 6:25pm
Well I ordered on Sunday eve-Monday morning Japan time. Thinking about some kind of screen protector or something to put on the cups, in the end though scratches probably just come with the territory. Either way this phone seemed like it would suit my taste better than the other two options i had in mind.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › tips for new headphones (principally for rock music) 36 seconds ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 38 seconds ago
- › Over-ear alternative to grado sr80e? 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 5 minutes ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Construction expenses falls 0.8% in August...
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2