Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 20

post #286 of 895

If I had the cash I would have bought the KEF LS50. They are really balanced.

post #287 of 895

Just asked the local ATH service centre here in Singapore and the ESW9, ES10, ESW10JPN and ESW11LTD earpads all cost $60SGD

 

I can't really decide which to get... I think I'm more inclined to the ESW11 earpads =D

Anyone had tried the ESW11 earpads with the ES10?

post #288 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbbef View Post

Just asked the local ATH service centre here in Singapore and the ESW9, ES10, ESW10JPN and ESW11LTD earpads all cost $60SGD

 

I can't really decide which to get... I think I'm more inclined to the ESW11 earpads =D

Anyone had tried the ESW11 earpads with the ES10?

please let us know how you like it if you do end up buying it. 

post #289 of 895

Those who have switched earpads to the lambskin, how does it affect isolation? I am enjoying my ES10's by I would like the isolation to be a bit better. 

post #290 of 895

Anyone? Isolation with lambskin pads? I didn't mean to kill the thread lol.

post #291 of 895

You didn't kill the thread. It's just... very slow.

 

Anyway, regarding isolation, it's neither better nor worse in my opinions. It's just a slight change in sound signature.

post #292 of 895

I just received mine the other day and have been using it for a few days. I love it. It's got a tight , deep and punchy bass, and the high end response rivals that of good open heaphones. It also doesn't display the boominess in the bass of most closed cans. I think this will be one of the last cans I buy for a while. I've got my eye on the AKG 167's but that'll be it for a while. My headphone hoarding is getting a bit out of hand.

post #293 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekadds View Post

Anyone? Isolation with lambskin pads? I didn't mean to kill the thread lol.

Isolation is a bit better, yes. Overall, I prefer them 100% to the stock pads. No comparison. And, they aren't too expensive, either. I won't go back but I wish AT made ESW9 style pads for the ESW11. Soft and supple and less intrusive is better to me than more stiff padding. 

post #294 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

Isolation is a bit better, yes. Overall, I prefer them 100% to the stock pads. No comparison. And, they aren't too expensive, either. I won't go back but I wish AT made ESW9 style pads for the ESW11. Soft and supple and less intrusive is better to me than more stiff padding. 

Any drastic changes to the sound signature??

:)

post #295 of 895

Ok, so a bit off topic again, but- after using mine for a longer period the sound has now changed. The bass has become much more neutral, and less warm. I'm normally sceptical of the whole burn-in thing, but in this case the sound has gone a bit worse for my tastes. Anyone else notice this for the ES10?

post #296 of 895

Brain Burn-in.

post #297 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannLiebert View Post

Brain Burn-in.

oh no, I don't have too many brain cells to spare. Is this something else that happens to audiophiles? A subject for another thread methinks

post #298 of 895

I noticed a slight reduction in bass, but when i got them i considered selling them.  I was very upset with the boomy overemphasis on bass.  I kind of got used to it but it also tightened up slightly in comparison to my other headphones.  It is still one of my bassiest, more of an emphasis on bass in the overall presentation than my bass heavy DX1000 closed full sized.

post #299 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbbef View Post

Any drastic changes to the sound signature??

:)

 

Most noticeable are bass and treble.

 

With the more supple leather pad, the headphone has more elasticity on my ears, and as a result, low-bass vibrations are more effortless. It's no longer bunched up into a thick and warm boom. It feels more spread-out, and cleaner.

 

Since there's more breathing room between my ears and the drivers, treble gets a bit more airy and less congested.

 

But it's not drastic. It's a very subtle change.

post #300 of 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

 

Most noticeable are bass and treble.

 

With the more supple leather pad, the headphone has more elasticity on my ears, and as a result, low-bass vibrations are more effortless. It's no longer bunched up into a thick and warm boom. It feels more spread-out, and cleaner.

 

Since there's more breathing room between my ears and the drivers, treble gets a bit more airy and less congested.

 

But it's not drastic. It's a very subtle change.

Not a bad observation.

 

Many of the observations here about burn in, likely address the change of the pads from stock donuts to slightly form-fitting, and therefore flatter tyres. As with earphones, the change of headphone ear pads has a noticeable impact on sound.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread