What exactly do you mean by cloudy? And how's the imaging in your opinion? Thanks for the input btw.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 9post #121 of 9607/10/12 at 9:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 9607/10/12 at 9:27pm
The seperation and layering is pretty excellent, the imaging isn't laser-like or anything, especially not compared to IEM's.
The tonality is excellent, perhaps it's the Titanium and fibre-glass versus the plastic in my T5p etc.?
Cloudy as in they don't sound crystal clear, there is a certain haze over everything, so the first 10 seconds I heard them I was concerned it could be a fake, then I noticed that rock music just sounded really really special, and I handed over the money.
The A2000X is more crystal clear and natural, however the ES10 has enough bass to physically vibrate the entire headphone, plus it has more depth / energy (like the T5p) while the A2000X sounds thin, and the MDR-V6 even thinner, in contrast.
So, I have the depth of the T5p and the tonality of the A2000X in a portable headphone, with the bass of an Ultrasone, plus hints of the CK10 coldness.
I compared my (second-hand) pair to a mint / new pair, and I noticed a difference in the leather pads, then I noticed a difference in sound and became concerned a second time that one of them was a very very high quality fake.
Then after further listening I noticed they were both definitely real, and identical in construction, the difference is the leather pads are much stiffer on the new pair, which actually results in a slightly different sound. I like my used pair better, like a vintage leather jacket.
The clamping force is more than the AD700, and less than the PRO700MK2ANV, so it's actually perfect for me.
There's another user (he doesn't post here) which uses the Tesla T1 and the ES10 as his favorites I think, at home, so I don't think I'm fairytailing.
I'm not sure about their source transparency or purity, I'm not very concerned since I have IEM's for that like the Sony EX700.
Any more specifics you'd like info on?
Edited by kiteki - 7/10/12 at 9:32pmpost #123 of 9607/10/12 at 11:08pmpost #124 of 9607/10/12 at 11:25pmpost #125 of 9607/11/12 at 5:44ampost #126 of 9607/11/12 at 7:09amQuote:Quote:
I guess it was more the "tonality" of your post that I thought was unnecessary. If he is on cloud nine with his new purchase, so be it. Let him come down on his own, no need to pull him down. Your post already assumes that his excitement for the HPs "will" go away after a week or two. I'm not sure if you are surrounded by many positive thinkers or not but I am one and there are many things that remain exciting to me even after some time. I get pretty excited when a certain song with some deep bass gets played when I am listening with my ES10, just as I do when a certain song with nice highs as I am listening with my Pro 900.post #127 of 9607/11/12 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Rayzilla
I guess it was more the "tonality" of your post that I thought was unnecessary. If he is on cloud nine with his new purchase, so be it. Let him come down on his own, no need to pull him down. Your post already assumes that his excitement for the HPs "will" go away after a week or two. I'm not sure if you are surrounded by many positive thinkers or not but I am one and there are many things that remain exciting to me even after some time. I get pretty excited when a certain song with some deep bass gets played when I am listening with my ES10, just as I do when a certain song with nice highs as I am listening with my Pro 900.
My comment was simply made to show that the excitement introduces subjective feelings. Those who do not know about it will believe ES10s have just become the best HPs of the universe.post #128 of 9607/11/12 at 9:07ampost #129 of 9607/11/12 at 4:36pm
No, the best headphone IN THE UNIVERSE.
Look I even get excited about media players - http://www.head-fi.org/t/340451/lilith-audio-player/375#post_8444566post #130 of 9607/11/12 at 6:51pm
Kiteki.... been enjoying your comments so hopefully you can offer me a little advice... I have a Walkman Z-Series which is turning into a nightmare to pair with headphones... I don't really want to go the 'customs' route but a good IEM might appeal, I am interested in the ES10's but decided to try out others before I committed... headphones I've owned/tested so far are:-
ATH-ES7 - headband hurt like hell after 30mins, I enjoyed the sound but was a bit gutless on power.
V-Moda M80 - nice design & packaging, absolute crap sounding
Sennheiser Amperior - great headphone for the WM-X.. completely lacking for the WM-Z's impressive soundstage
DT1350 (tested with a dealer for 2hrs, A/B'ing with the Amperior)... same result as Amperior
I've just bought the Philips Fidelio M1 which should be with me on Friday.
I only need a headphone/IEM on the go 'cause I have a decent home set-up (I'm into hi-fi in truth) but I am looking for quality of sound across the soundstage and the SQ must be good.... your thoughts (or from other head-fi'ers) would be appreciated.post #131 of 9607/11/12 at 7:18pm
The Sony Walkmans have low output power to save battery life, you really need an external amplifier with them to get the high fidelity voltage for full-size HP.
You can either buy a quality IEM for your Walkman Z, or buy the ES10 and iBasso D-Zero.
I'd recommend the Sony EX800ST, Audio Technica CK10, or wait for my reviews on the Vsonic GR07 MK2 / JVC FXD80.post #132 of 9607/11/12 at 7:22pmpost #133 of 9607/11/12 at 7:32pmpost #134 of 9607/11/12 at 7:50pmQuote:
I was looking for plastic film when mine were on order. Then they arrived in a slightly crushed box and the plastic window that had caved in on one of the cups had scratched it. So mine came scratched. They were from Amazon marketplace, an outside dealer-international. I contacted him and was told to make a claim at my post office.......wtf! You had to get a reflection to see the scratches but brand new $400. + phones you don't want to arrive scratched. I can imagine at the postal worker turning them and saying, see right there. I felt burnt, dealer should have sent me a new pair packaged well instead of the thin cardboard protector and he should have taken the lose and sold them damaged for cheaper. No real recourse though except in my review. There are picts a few pages back. Needless to say i didn't get protectors.post #135 of 9607/11/12 at 8:03pm
I have to admit I am happy I have a second-hand pair, for two reasons.
1. The leather is much better on a used pair, and it sounds better than the mint ES10 I compared to.
2. Mine already has scratches, so I can throw it around, and not care.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › "The Lab" 18 seconds ago
- › Custom one pro or m50x 2 minutes ago
- › oppo pm3 replacement cable 3 minutes ago
- › Nighthawk Headphones Flying To Me! 3 minutes ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 4 minutes ago
- › IEM sale :K10U, 3003i, Heir8.0, Tran. ref.1, Rockets, XBAH3, W4 and... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 6 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 11 minutes ago
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)