What exactly do you mean by cloudy? And how's the imaging in your opinion? Thanks for the input btw.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread - Page 9post #121 of 10697/10/12 at 9:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 10697/10/12 at 9:27pm
The seperation and layering is pretty excellent, the imaging isn't laser-like or anything, especially not compared to IEM's.
The tonality is excellent, perhaps it's the Titanium and fibre-glass versus the plastic in my T5p etc.?
Cloudy as in they don't sound crystal clear, there is a certain haze over everything, so the first 10 seconds I heard them I was concerned it could be a fake, then I noticed that rock music just sounded really really special, and I handed over the money.
The A2000X is more crystal clear and natural, however the ES10 has enough bass to physically vibrate the entire headphone, plus it has more depth / energy (like the T5p) while the A2000X sounds thin, and the MDR-V6 even thinner, in contrast.
So, I have the depth of the T5p and the tonality of the A2000X in a portable headphone, with the bass of an Ultrasone, plus hints of the CK10 coldness.
I compared my (second-hand) pair to a mint / new pair, and I noticed a difference in the leather pads, then I noticed a difference in sound and became concerned a second time that one of them was a very very high quality fake.
Then after further listening I noticed they were both definitely real, and identical in construction, the difference is the leather pads are much stiffer on the new pair, which actually results in a slightly different sound. I like my used pair better, like a vintage leather jacket.
The clamping force is more than the AD700, and less than the PRO700MK2ANV, so it's actually perfect for me.
There's another user (he doesn't post here) which uses the Tesla T1 and the ES10 as his favorites I think, at home, so I don't think I'm fairytailing.
I'm not sure about their source transparency or purity, I'm not very concerned since I have IEM's for that like the Sony EX700.
Any more specifics you'd like info on?
Edited by kiteki - 7/10/12 at 9:32pmpost #123 of 10697/10/12 at 11:08pmpost #124 of 10697/10/12 at 11:25pmpost #125 of 10697/11/12 at 5:44ampost #126 of 10697/11/12 at 7:09amQuote:Quote:
I guess it was more the "tonality" of your post that I thought was unnecessary. If he is on cloud nine with his new purchase, so be it. Let him come down on his own, no need to pull him down. Your post already assumes that his excitement for the HPs "will" go away after a week or two. I'm not sure if you are surrounded by many positive thinkers or not but I am one and there are many things that remain exciting to me even after some time. I get pretty excited when a certain song with some deep bass gets played when I am listening with my ES10, just as I do when a certain song with nice highs as I am listening with my Pro 900.post #127 of 10697/11/12 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Rayzilla
I guess it was more the "tonality" of your post that I thought was unnecessary. If he is on cloud nine with his new purchase, so be it. Let him come down on his own, no need to pull him down. Your post already assumes that his excitement for the HPs "will" go away after a week or two. I'm not sure if you are surrounded by many positive thinkers or not but I am one and there are many things that remain exciting to me even after some time. I get pretty excited when a certain song with some deep bass gets played when I am listening with my ES10, just as I do when a certain song with nice highs as I am listening with my Pro 900.
My comment was simply made to show that the excitement introduces subjective feelings. Those who do not know about it will believe ES10s have just become the best HPs of the universe.post #128 of 10697/11/12 at 9:07ampost #129 of 10697/11/12 at 4:36pm
No, the best headphone IN THE UNIVERSE.
Look I even get excited about media players - http://www.head-fi.org/t/340451/lilith-audio-player/375#post_8444566post #130 of 10697/11/12 at 6:51pm
Kiteki.... been enjoying your comments so hopefully you can offer me a little advice... I have a Walkman Z-Series which is turning into a nightmare to pair with headphones... I don't really want to go the 'customs' route but a good IEM might appeal, I am interested in the ES10's but decided to try out others before I committed... headphones I've owned/tested so far are:-
ATH-ES7 - headband hurt like hell after 30mins, I enjoyed the sound but was a bit gutless on power.
V-Moda M80 - nice design & packaging, absolute crap sounding
Sennheiser Amperior - great headphone for the WM-X.. completely lacking for the WM-Z's impressive soundstage
DT1350 (tested with a dealer for 2hrs, A/B'ing with the Amperior)... same result as Amperior
I've just bought the Philips Fidelio M1 which should be with me on Friday.
I only need a headphone/IEM on the go 'cause I have a decent home set-up (I'm into hi-fi in truth) but I am looking for quality of sound across the soundstage and the SQ must be good.... your thoughts (or from other head-fi'ers) would be appreciated.post #131 of 10697/11/12 at 7:18pm
The Sony Walkmans have low output power to save battery life, you really need an external amplifier with them to get the high fidelity voltage for full-size HP.
You can either buy a quality IEM for your Walkman Z, or buy the ES10 and iBasso D-Zero.
I'd recommend the Sony EX800ST, Audio Technica CK10, or wait for my reviews on the Vsonic GR07 MK2 / JVC FXD80.post #132 of 10697/11/12 at 7:22pmpost #133 of 10697/11/12 at 7:32pmpost #134 of 10697/11/12 at 7:50pmQuote:
I was looking for plastic film when mine were on order. Then they arrived in a slightly crushed box and the plastic window that had caved in on one of the cups had scratched it. So mine came scratched. They were from Amazon marketplace, an outside dealer-international. I contacted him and was told to make a claim at my post office.......wtf! You had to get a reflection to see the scratches but brand new $400. + phones you don't want to arrive scratched. I can imagine at the postal worker turning them and saying, see right there. I felt burnt, dealer should have sent me a new pair packaged well instead of the thin cardboard protector and he should have taken the lose and sold them damaged for cheaper. No real recourse though except in my review. There are picts a few pages back. Needless to say i didn't get protectors.post #135 of 10697/11/12 at 8:03pm
I have to admit I am happy I have a second-hand pair, for two reasons.
1. The leather is much better on a used pair, and it sounds better than the mint ES10 I compared to.
2. Mine already has scratches, so I can throw it around, and not care.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 4 minutes ago
- › Urgent: Should I buy the Sony MDR-1A for €99 5 minutes ago
- › nighthawk carbon audioquest one month 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 11 minutes ago
- › Hungry for a taste of better sound, sub-$100 12 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 12 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear