- 2,473 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: Japan, Tokyo.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a Review of Brainwavz S5 in-ear monitors. http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html I was a little cautious approaching the review of the latest flagship in-ear model from Brainwavz. With a...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 superior if...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 38post #556 of 8427/22/13 at 2:17amGood question. I will check.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 8427/25/13 at 5:35pmpost #558 of 8427/25/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Oh wow. I am envious.post #559 of 8427/25/13 at 6:52pmQuote:oh wow.
I want! How much for that mod?post #560 of 8427/25/13 at 10:45pmMartin cut me some slack at $470. That already included Paypal fees and next-day shipping.
The cable is 99.99% pure copper with the same length as the original cable.
Ear cups have been worked on, obviously, but Martin also worked on a custom wood splitter for the wire, and then a custom wood cover for that 3.5mm port.
I wanted to have something that looks as close to a portable W3000ANV as possible. But what came out of this is quite possibly something even better. It looks more like a W5000 but with W3000ANV finish, and more "flaming" look. Not unlike this:
I know the wood cups actually helped "train" the sound of the W3000ANV from measurements at Changstar...
And without cups:
So I am very interested in seeing (hearing) how the new wood ear cups would affect the sound of the ES10.post #561 of 8427/26/13 at 12:19ampost #562 of 8427/26/13 at 12:45amQuote:
I think I detected saliva on my keyboard.
The Audio Technica CEO needs to see that. What's his email.post #563 of 8427/26/13 at 12:48ampost #564 of 8427/26/13 at 11:26ampost #565 of 8427/27/13 at 12:13pmFinally. Just got it a short moment ago.
Brief impression: faaaarrrr more defined bass. Sounds a lot more like bookshelf speakers. Much sweeter midrange and treble as well, even though the whole presentation remains largely the same. It's like adding magic.
At this point, I can hardly find anything to nitpick about this.
Oh, and it looks much better in person. I'll take some photos.
Again, photos don't quite capture the beauty of the headphone. You really gotta see it in person.
Edited by Bill-P - 7/27/13 at 1:29pmpost #566 of 8427/27/13 at 3:38pmpost #567 of 8427/27/13 at 10:05pmpost #568 of 8427/27/13 at 11:09pmQuote:Oooo myyyeeeee Gggaawwdd!!!
From the looks there seems to be more space in the cups(for modding) as well!lol
Wow! That baby put any portable to shame!
That is like "immortalizing" an es10 for all time! Needs to be on display at Audio Technica's main headquarters!
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/27/13 at 11:19pmpost #569 of 8427/28/13 at 5:40am
God that is beautiful..
Just got my pair, still waiting on the ESW11 pads though (it becomes unbearable after a while with the stock pads). I am impressed, but prefer the ESW9 at this stage.
Also, before I upgrade to the wood cups (!), how have people been sanding down the shiny surface of the ES10s? What specific method/technique?
The stock cable is okay, but I may upgrade it in the future.
Still need more time with these but they same like a very underrated model..
Edited by coolguyalex - 7/28/13 at 5:43ampost #570 of 8427/28/13 at 9:19amQuote:
Hahaha, yeah. There's definitely more room for modding. Though I probably would never open these up again at this rate.
I don't have a stock pair for direct comparison, but what I'm hearing is just awesome for a pair of portable. Soundstage is the only thing that's lacking.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › [Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise. 51 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Looking for headphones 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by twister6
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)