- 2,472 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: Japan, Tokyo.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 38post #556 of 8417/22/13 at 2:17amGood question. I will check.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #557 of 8417/25/13 at 5:35pmpost #558 of 8417/25/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Oh wow. I am envious.post #559 of 8417/25/13 at 6:52pmQuote:oh wow.
I want! How much for that mod?post #560 of 8417/25/13 at 10:45pmMartin cut me some slack at $470. That already included Paypal fees and next-day shipping.
The cable is 99.99% pure copper with the same length as the original cable.
Ear cups have been worked on, obviously, but Martin also worked on a custom wood splitter for the wire, and then a custom wood cover for that 3.5mm port.
I wanted to have something that looks as close to a portable W3000ANV as possible. But what came out of this is quite possibly something even better. It looks more like a W5000 but with W3000ANV finish, and more "flaming" look. Not unlike this:
I know the wood cups actually helped "train" the sound of the W3000ANV from measurements at Changstar...
And without cups:
So I am very interested in seeing (hearing) how the new wood ear cups would affect the sound of the ES10.post #561 of 8417/26/13 at 12:19ampost #562 of 8417/26/13 at 12:45amQuote:
I think I detected saliva on my keyboard.
The Audio Technica CEO needs to see that. What's his email.post #563 of 8417/26/13 at 12:48ampost #564 of 8417/26/13 at 11:26ampost #565 of 8417/27/13 at 12:13pmFinally. Just got it a short moment ago.
Brief impression: faaaarrrr more defined bass. Sounds a lot more like bookshelf speakers. Much sweeter midrange and treble as well, even though the whole presentation remains largely the same. It's like adding magic.
At this point, I can hardly find anything to nitpick about this.
Oh, and it looks much better in person. I'll take some photos.
Again, photos don't quite capture the beauty of the headphone. You really gotta see it in person.
Edited by Bill-P - 7/27/13 at 1:29pmpost #566 of 8417/27/13 at 3:38pmpost #567 of 8417/27/13 at 10:05pmpost #568 of 8417/27/13 at 11:09pmQuote:Oooo myyyeeeee Gggaawwdd!!!
From the looks there seems to be more space in the cups(for modding) as well!lol
Wow! That baby put any portable to shame!
That is like "immortalizing" an es10 for all time! Needs to be on display at Audio Technica's main headquarters!
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/27/13 at 11:19pmpost #569 of 8417/28/13 at 5:40am
God that is beautiful..
Just got my pair, still waiting on the ESW11 pads though (it becomes unbearable after a while with the stock pads). I am impressed, but prefer the ESW9 at this stage.
Also, before I upgrade to the wood cups (!), how have people been sanding down the shiny surface of the ES10s? What specific method/technique?
The stock cable is okay, but I may upgrade it in the future.
Still need more time with these but they same like a very underrated model..
Edited by coolguyalex - 7/28/13 at 5:43ampost #570 of 8417/28/13 at 9:19amQuote:
Hahaha, yeah. There's definitely more room for modding. Though I probably would never open these up again at this rate.
I don't have a stock pair for direct comparison, but what I'm hearing is just awesome for a pair of portable. Soundstage is the only thing that's lacking.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best 100-150$ headphones for pop music 2 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 16 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › is my headphone set up complete? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)