I've always been interested in these. Can anyone compare them to D5000s or my HJE900 IEM, in regards to tonality and overall timbre quality?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 3post #31 of 8414/13/12 at 2:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 8414/17/12 at 12:13am
I received my ES10s a couple weeks ago, and I love them! They are very detailed, reasonably comfortable, have a decent sound stage, and sound great with all music, though better with some music than others. I especially love the crunchy sounding percussion. The treble seemed really excessive at first, but improved to large but reasonable levels after about 20 hours burn-in. I'm not sure how much of that was psychoacoustical versus actual burn-in. The only substantial downside to the sound is that the mids sometimes sound a bit recessed -- vocals are sometimes drowned out by instruments. These headphones especially sound great with Dark Side of the Moon. And they're visually stunning to boot.post #33 of 8414/30/12 at 12:39pmpost #34 of 8415/16/12 at 3:41ampost #35 of 8415/19/12 at 7:49pmpost #36 of 8415/19/12 at 11:30pm
You are searching amongst sellers like joynetcafe on fleaBay or pricejapan.com, right? They are Japan-exclusive headphones so mainly the exporters carry them for us people overseas.
They appear to go for ~$350 on Amazon Japan, so $400 shipped for us is not too bad a price, although I think I've seen it for as low as ~$380.post #37 of 8415/20/12 at 12:00pm
So is buying thru Amazon marketplace....going to eliminate bootlegs/knockoffs? It is a little cheaper than pricejapan. They are still around $400. but i would hate to get a copy. I know the esw9 had alot of problems with that. I got mine originally from pricejapan right at release so there weren't any yet.
Edit-Checked Joynet too, that looks pretty legit.
Anyone tried these?
Edited by dallan - 5/20/12 at 12:11pmpost #38 of 8415/20/12 at 5:04pmpost #39 of 8415/20/12 at 5:11pm
cool, prob just get them thru Amazon marketplace, there are a few there. Thanks. Hope i like 'em, sight unheard. I have esw9's that i love and Ed8 LE, these would fill in the middle i hope. Kinda tweek sometimes going portable with $2000. headphones but sometimes the esw9's just aren't quite enough either.. my wife just looks and says "spoiled brat!"post #40 of 8415/20/12 at 5:11pmQuote:
Love the way that picture is done. Very artistic. It would've helped to clean the headphones thoughpost #41 of 8415/20/12 at 5:51pmpost #42 of 8415/21/12 at 4:07ampost #43 of 8415/21/12 at 7:23ampost #44 of 8415/21/12 at 6:25pm
Well I ordered on Sunday eve-Monday morning Japan time. Thinking about some kind of screen protector or something to put on the cups, in the end though scratches probably just come with the territory. Either way this phone seemed like it would suit my taste better than the other two options i had in mind.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: ... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 3 minutes ago
- › Ipod 5th generation 80gb Classic - Where can i find a case ! 4 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 4 minutes ago
- › My DAC project - SPIDF DAC with WM8804 and PCM5102A (Suggestions... 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for some good headphones 6 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. Phase 2: What speakers did you use to... 7 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)