I've always been interested in these. Can anyone compare them to D5000s or my HJE900 IEM, in regards to tonality and overall timbre quality?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 3post #31 of 8074/13/12 at 2:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 8074/17/12 at 12:13am
I received my ES10s a couple weeks ago, and I love them! They are very detailed, reasonably comfortable, have a decent sound stage, and sound great with all music, though better with some music than others. I especially love the crunchy sounding percussion. The treble seemed really excessive at first, but improved to large but reasonable levels after about 20 hours burn-in. I'm not sure how much of that was psychoacoustical versus actual burn-in. The only substantial downside to the sound is that the mids sometimes sound a bit recessed -- vocals are sometimes drowned out by instruments. These headphones especially sound great with Dark Side of the Moon. And they're visually stunning to boot.post #33 of 8074/30/12 at 12:39pmpost #34 of 8075/16/12 at 3:41ampost #35 of 8075/19/12 at 7:49pmpost #36 of 8075/19/12 at 11:30pm
You are searching amongst sellers like joynetcafe on fleaBay or pricejapan.com, right? They are Japan-exclusive headphones so mainly the exporters carry them for us people overseas.
They appear to go for ~$350 on Amazon Japan, so $400 shipped for us is not too bad a price, although I think I've seen it for as low as ~$380.post #37 of 8075/20/12 at 12:00pm
So is buying thru Amazon marketplace....going to eliminate bootlegs/knockoffs? It is a little cheaper than pricejapan. They are still around $400. but i would hate to get a copy. I know the esw9 had alot of problems with that. I got mine originally from pricejapan right at release so there weren't any yet.
Edit-Checked Joynet too, that looks pretty legit.
Anyone tried these?
Edited by dallan - 5/20/12 at 12:11pmpost #38 of 8075/20/12 at 5:04pmpost #39 of 8075/20/12 at 5:11pm
cool, prob just get them thru Amazon marketplace, there are a few there. Thanks. Hope i like 'em, sight unheard. I have esw9's that i love and Ed8 LE, these would fill in the middle i hope. Kinda tweek sometimes going portable with $2000. headphones but sometimes the esw9's just aren't quite enough either.. my wife just looks and says "spoiled brat!"post #40 of 8075/20/12 at 5:11pmQuote:
Love the way that picture is done. Very artistic. It would've helped to clean the headphones thoughpost #41 of 8075/20/12 at 5:51pmpost #42 of 8075/21/12 at 4:07ampost #43 of 8075/21/12 at 7:23ampost #44 of 8075/21/12 at 6:25pm
Well I ordered on Sunday eve-Monday morning Japan time. Thinking about some kind of screen protector or something to put on the cups, in the end though scratches probably just come with the territory. Either way this phone seemed like it would suit my taste better than the other two options i had in mind.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 15 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 or Superlux HD 681 EVO? 43 seconds ago
- › Final Amp for HD800 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus. EML 2A3 Mesh. EML 5U4G. Shipping US or Pickup Chicago. 2 minutes ago
- › Help with buying Headphones/In ears 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 4 minutes ago
- › Thinking about getting a Fiio X5 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob