still undecided about these... it's so confusing choosing stuff you can't get to try before committing my hard earned scheckles.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 4/4/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 4/4/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/21/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Last post on 6/14/11 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is based on the brief time I had the X5 as part of the UK tour. I am not going in the facts, like spec, what's in the box etc, we all know that by now. This is all my...
In this review, I will be introducing what I believe to be Noontec Zoro's brother, the Zoro HD. The Zoro was a very successful headphone that get positive reviews on several big audio forum/website...
Hello Just few words about my self: Im professional sound engineer, who enjoys pure and flat sound. Nothing hyped and no snake oil for me thank you. Just got them couple days ago, and i was...
For the first time I'm actually digging Beats. I've owned and tried different audiophile headphones. Sony MA900, Audio Technica AD900x/AD700x, V-Moda Crossfade M-100 and Sennheiser PC360 are some...
I really enjoyed this headset for the short period I used them. After only a couple of months of very light use (walking to the office), the headband broke at the left hinge. Unfortunately the shop...
Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 12post #166 of 7537/29/12 at 4:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 7538/1/12 at 4:25am
get on board guys.... good luckpost #168 of 7538/2/12 at 4:35pmpost #169 of 7538/2/12 at 7:29pmpost #170 of 7538/3/12 at 4:44am
I've been eyeballing these for a while. In the big "shoot-out" review here, they are compared to be similar to the Senn HD25-1 II, which I own. After rotating through my current HP collection, I picked the HD25s back up and found ---- I really like them! I'm extremely bored with my AT m50.
So the question for me is ---- is it worth the expenditure for these babies, or can I save my money and get a similar sound sig from my HD25s? Obviously no one can answer this, I'm just fishing for informed opinions.post #171 of 7538/7/12 at 9:04amListening to Depeche Mode is a dream on these. I love the ES10's unabashed sense of fun and musicality while still remaining refined. And the bass... just how I like it! Deep and plenty of impact. It's funny, I put these on every time, not expecting much, until I turn on the music... I am impressed every time.
The only thing I wish for was better build on the cable - seems kinda fragile for such an expensive can. And isolation - if only it was up to HD25/DT1350 standards! I may fiddle around with different pads.post #172 of 7538/7/12 at 2:02pmpost #173 of 7538/10/12 at 9:33amSo here are some of my impressions:
If Grado and Ultrasone had a baby, it would be the ES10. Absolutely FUN headphone while being very detailed from top to bottom. The bass is deep and impactful - definitely has the punch I crave. The mids are oh-so-slightly recessed but are crystal clear. The highs are sparkly but smooth simultaneously. I'd say the overall signature is on the fun aggressive side. If you like the HD25s this will be a great upgrade -plenty of PRaT and power which makes metal, rock, and electronica a blast to listen to. This headphone is just unabashed fun. The form factor is actually perfect - looks great on my head and it's very comfortable.
Now for some quibbles. The tonality is not very natural as the headphone is on the colder, brighter side. The decay is great but the tonality itself is slightly off from being realistic. Not a problem if you don't care for something like that. I wish the wire was just a little stronger and thicker but it still looks durable as long as you take care of it. And last but not least, isolation. It's just fine if you are not planning to use on the train/bus but it would've been great if I could use them in those conditions.
Other than that, these are very fun headphones and refined. If you like an aggressive yet smooth sound sig these should be up your alley. A lot of genres shine on these, especially metal, rock, and electronica.
Just because of my preferences, I will probably put these on the FS forum soon in order to put the funds toward something more isolating. If I could afford these and get something else however, these would absolutely be in my stable of cans.
Edited by roma101 - 8/10/12 at 9:37ampost #174 of 7538/10/12 at 4:25pmpost #175 of 7538/10/12 at 11:59pm
I think there's a definite metallic tinge to the sound. Perhaps the titanium cups are to blame? So I can see how some might think that the ES10 are cold. I'd say that the overall sound to me it warm and crispy.
Hmmm. Now I feel like eating something fried...
Edited by Danneq - 8/11/12 at 12:02ampost #176 of 7538/11/12 at 6:37ampost #177 of 7538/11/12 at 3:07pm
Just the opposite impressions.. Warm and forward sounding mids. The emphasis is on the bottom end and mids so I just cannot see how these could be bright as there is (relatively) less energy in the highs. I did make an extension cable for it and that brought a more balanced sound overall- opening up the highs and tightening up the low end to some extent which in turn helped to clean up the mids.
post #178 of 7538/11/12 at 8:23pmIt's all subjective in the end afterall. Those are just my impressions.
The sound of these is addicting. Even my girlfriend wants me to keep them and she's not very fond of my expensive hobby.
Edited by roma101 - 8/11/12 at 8:25pmpost #179 of 7538/12/12 at 3:04pmQuote:
Exactly!post #180 of 7538/12/12 at 6:08pmHm, I don't hear forward mids at all. They're not very recessed (the presentation as a whole is slightly v-shaped but still very balanced) but vocals are slightly distanced to my ears in relation to the other instruments, which IMO is a good thing. Perhaps the differences we are hearing have to do with the recordings and the volumes we are listening at.
- Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony MDR-7520 2 seconds ago
- › Good upgrade from the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro? 16 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 52 seconds ago
- › Best Isolation Amongst Listed Headphones 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › K*itchen Designer Liverpool 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 5 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › Cowon EM1 In-Earphone by vaibhavp
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude