New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chicago Mini Meet - Saturday May 14th - Page 6  

post #76 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by misformatt View Post

Wow, I wish I'd seen this thread earlier.  If I can break my prior engagements, I'll be sure to let you guys know.  I could bring just about anything in my sig.



If you can make it, there aren't currently any LCD-2 appearing at the meet.  It would be great to hear this headphone with the new Dark Star.

post #77 of 91

 

Crap, why do I always learn about these things after or a day before :((

 

We already planned out going out to the annual Pow Wow in Starved Rock this Saturday, perhaps I would be able to move the trip to Sunday as its a two day event....  would be great to see you all guys and check out some of the gear...

 

I have a pair of LCD-2 that I could bring along if I do come. They sound very nice powered by the Raptor. I also acquired a loaded Woo Audio GES for my HE60 but that would be quite a bit to drag out.

post #78 of 91
Thread Starter 

It would be great if you could make it.  However, family is always first, even headphones.

post #79 of 91

I'm a noob but would love to attend. Not sure I can bring much firepower to the meet, I'm sure Ray's already got my RS1s. I do have the new Beyer DT 1350 if that might be of interest?

Would hope to swing by after lunch.

post #80 of 91

What will vinyl be played on? TT, cartridge, preamp, etc?

 

Is it safe to assume the laptop can handle Apple Lossless files on a thumb drive, or should I bring something else?

post #81 of 91

It's looking like I will make it for a bit in the afternoon.

post #82 of 91

Sorry guys I won't be able to make it to this meet due to circumstances. However, I'll probably attend the one in November, and hopefully I'll finally have my amp completed by then :)

post #83 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddie View Post

What will vinyl be played on? TT, cartridge, preamp, etc?

 

Is it safe to assume the laptop can handle Apple Lossless files on a thumb drive, or should I bring something else?


The vinyl would be on Ray's system.  If memory serves me he has the VPI HRX turnable, the cartridge is a Shelter Harmony, the phono preamp could be either his XR-10B or maybe is Nighthawk.  The preamp is his A-10 Thunderbolt while the amplifiers are Cary CAD 805C.  His speakers are Medowlard Blue Herrons.  The CD player is a Boulder but he has a mac mini running into an Esoteric DAC for computer audio files.  It sounds great the times I have had the opportunity to hear it.

 

Right now it handles the computer audio setup will handle Apple Lossless files but I am not sure how a USB thumb drive connects to a mac mini.

 

post #84 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilahun View Post

I'm a noob but would love to attend. Not sure I can bring much firepower to the meet, I'm sure Ray's already got my RS1s. I do have the new Beyer DT 1350 if that might be of interest?

Would hope to swing by after lunch.



No problem, please stop by.   

post #85 of 91

I've never been to a meet and would like to stop by and see what it's like. Not sure if I have anything to bring of interest . . . Would like to learn more from the event.

post #86 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-Moran3 View Post

I've never been to a meet and would like to stop by and see what it's like. Not sure if I have anything to bring of interest . . . Would like to learn more from the event.


Hope you can make it.  

 

Just packed the car and will be heading up in less than an hour.  

 

post #87 of 91

I'm going to be a little late, save me a space.

post #88 of 91

Man I'm bummed, I'm heading off to work instead.

 

Hope everyone has a great time and someone takes pictures.

 

James

post #89 of 91

Looks like I'll be stuck at work today, too.  I hope you guys have a blast.

post #90 of 91

Have fun everyone!  Wish i could be there, but I am out of town.  Hi to everyone!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked