Now I want the USB version of this. I like that it has an additional input.
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- deleted Last post on 1/8/11 at 3:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Lehmann BCL owners, I need a little help please... Last post on 1/6/11 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- trafomatic experience head one opinions needed Last post on 12/21/10 at 1:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear unboxing video Last post on 12/12/10 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear headphones amp. *** Pictures *** - Page 4post #46 of 521/24/12 at 4:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 521/25/12 at 11:09amQuote:Originally Posted by DjAmTraX
It's been awhile since I posted on this thread. I still own both BCL and still feel that it is the BEST most neutral amp I've auditioned. The thing about the BCL is it's power and control. It's more apparent listening on Sony MDR-XB1000 (70mm drivers). That headphones pound with deep bass and control on the BCL. All other amps I've tried could not produce the same listening experience. The BCL is not for everyone. It doesn't add any flavor to the music. Garbage in garbage out. Someone here mentioned the Burson. I had the Burson for two week (Thank you Burson Audio) to play with. It sounded great in the beginning, but got boring after a few days of use. That amp's sound didn't excite me.
Can someone link the info about an upcoming amp from Lehmann? I would love to learn about what's next for them.
I tried to ask you a question on a different post but I think it got screwed up or something. The post didn't appear after submit but its still in my profile page. Upshot being not sure if you got it. Anyway I 'm torn between the Burson 160d and the Lehmann BCL usb. I have Denon d7000 and HD650. I listen to all sorts of music except R&B and Country. Predominately I listen to electronica, techno to ambient. I am assuming your a DJ and thus listen beaty music. Therefore would really appreciate your thoughts and advice if you have the time between the 2 amps and what you listen to. Im leaning towards the Burson but keep having doubts. Not possible to test them both in a shop so i am looking to gain insight from the experiences of others.
Cheerspost #48 of 521/25/12 at 11:36amThread Starter
take a look at my review here. I ordered a BCL with usb today if that tells you anything.post #49 of 521/25/12 at 3:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by DjAmTraX
take a look at my review here. I ordered a BCL with usb today if that tells you anything.
Thanks for the link dj. So you have 2 BCL already and you have just pulled the trigger on a 3rd!? Didn't fancy a change then. I would buy the BCL usb right now if I could find someone respected saying good things about the usb aspect. I am interested to know what you think once road tested as I listen to 90% of my music via pc. I don't really want separate boxes as my station is using about 16 plugs sockets already and desk space is at a premium. Really want a smart all in 1 box that does pre amp out also. The normal BCL doesn't have this either. Nothing seems to fit the bill and I have an itch i cannot scratch.
post #50 of 527/10/13 at 3:24pm
Is there a burn-in time for the Lehmann BCL? If so how many hours? I have just bought a Lehmann BCL before that I had the Meier Corda Jazz and frankly the difference between the two amps was marginal. However one cost double the price of the other.post #51 of 525/15/14 at 4:10pmI'm a new owner of Lehmann BCL and a something peculiar with this amp. When I configure the gain switch to very loud +20 DB, and when I turned the volume knob to 12 o'clock with HD800 hooked up. I hear a hissing noise. Is this a norm? Anyone?
- Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear headphones amp. *** Pictures ***
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Closed equivalent of Audioquest Nighthawks? 11 seconds ago
- › Denafrips DAC-8PRO2 R2R discrete ladder DAC - who's the King now? 2 minutes ago
- › Corrupt a wish 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 6 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-X1 Digital Audio Player (DAP) 6 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 9 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 12 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 14 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear