- 6 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 3/30/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 3/30/11
- productGeneric prebuilt cMoy amptagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/30/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 3/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Bass Lovers Dream Last post on 1/15/11 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Really cheap headphone amps Last post on 9/24/10 at 1:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I need an EQ or an Amp for my Sony XB 500s? Last post on 7/27/12 at 8:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What headphones should I buy? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) Last post on 7/18/14 at 12:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
- Headphone Impedance
best headphones amp for $50 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Honestly I wouldn't bother. You're probably better off using phones/IEMs of sufficient sensitivity that you don't need an amp.
I've run my TF10's as well as my Grado SR60s right from my tiny little Shuffle and it sounded great with plenty of volume without sounding strained/thin.
With careful opamp selection a Cmoy can be pretty respectable. I used one as my primary amp for quite awhile before I fell headlong into this addiction. Worked will with HD650, k701s and Sony MDR somethings.
I think I used a OPA2134, then later an AD8620. You may find a used Cmoy with a dip socket for rolling opamps on the 'bay for pretty cheap.
- best headphones amp for $50 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Subwoofer has no high level out, only RCA. What do I do? 29 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 59 seconds ago
- › Lepai 2020+ 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 4 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 4 minutes ago
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jasonb
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)