- 6 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 3/30/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 3/30/11
- productGeneric prebuilt cMoy amptagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/30/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 3/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Bass Lovers Dream Last post on 1/15/11 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Really cheap headphone amps Last post on 9/24/10 at 1:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I need an EQ or an Amp for my Sony XB 500s? Last post on 7/27/12 at 8:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What headphones should I buy? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) Last post on 3/25/15 at 9:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
- Headphone Impedance
best headphones amp for $50 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Honestly I wouldn't bother. You're probably better off using phones/IEMs of sufficient sensitivity that you don't need an amp.
I've run my TF10's as well as my Grado SR60s right from my tiny little Shuffle and it sounded great with plenty of volume without sounding strained/thin.
With careful opamp selection a Cmoy can be pretty respectable. I used one as my primary amp for quite awhile before I fell headlong into this addiction. Worked will with HD650, k701s and Sony MDR somethings.
I think I used a OPA2134, then later an AD8620. You may find a used Cmoy with a dip socket for rolling opamps on the 'bay for pretty cheap.
- best headphones amp for $50 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 28 seconds ago
- › "best" for classical music He 500 or HE 560+Burson Soloist . 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › $75-150 Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIME 9018D USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015 4 minutes ago
- › What components do i need to improve my setup? 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2