- 6 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 3/30/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 3/30/11
- productGeneric prebuilt cMoy amptagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/30/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 3/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Bass Lovers Dream Last post on 1/15/11 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Really cheap headphone amps Last post on 9/24/10 at 1:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I need an EQ or an Amp for my Sony XB 500s? Last post on 7/27/12 at 8:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What headphones should I buy? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) Last post on 8/6/14 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
- Headphone Impedance
best headphones amp for $50 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Honestly I wouldn't bother. You're probably better off using phones/IEMs of sufficient sensitivity that you don't need an amp.
I've run my TF10's as well as my Grado SR60s right from my tiny little Shuffle and it sounded great with plenty of volume without sounding strained/thin.
With careful opamp selection a Cmoy can be pretty respectable. I used one as my primary amp for quite awhile before I fell headlong into this addiction. Worked will with HD650, k701s and Sony MDR somethings.
I think I used a OPA2134, then later an AD8620. You may find a used Cmoy with a dip socket for rolling opamps on the 'bay for pretty cheap.
- best headphones amp for $50 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-06-30 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Tea Enthusiasts, Come talk about your favorite tea 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › New to forum interested in good sounding on-ears 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)