- 6 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 3/30/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 3/30/11
- productGeneric prebuilt cMoy amptagged by System, 3/30/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/30/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 3/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Bass Lovers Dream Last post on 1/15/11 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Really cheap headphone amps Last post on 9/24/10 at 1:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I need an EQ or an Amp for my Sony XB 500s? Last post on 7/27/12 at 8:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What headphones should I buy? Last post on 8/18/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) Last post on 5/23/15 at 12:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
- Headphone Impedance
best headphones amp for $50 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Honestly I wouldn't bother. You're probably better off using phones/IEMs of sufficient sensitivity that you don't need an amp.
I've run my TF10's as well as my Grado SR60s right from my tiny little Shuffle and it sounded great with plenty of volume without sounding strained/thin.
With careful opamp selection a Cmoy can be pretty respectable. I used one as my primary amp for quite awhile before I fell headlong into this addiction. Worked will with HD650, k701s and Sony MDR somethings.
I think I used a OPA2134, then later an AD8620. You may find a used Cmoy with a dip socket for rolling opamps on the 'bay for pretty cheap.
- best headphones amp for $50 or less
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 52 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 8 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 9 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3