Just wondering, do most of you consider the SE535 a bit too bright/sibilant--to the point of being fatiguing? I'm finding it hard to adjust to it, especially when compared to the better headphones I have.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/18/11
- productShure E500 PTHtagged by System, 3/18/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535 replacement cable Last post on 11/27/16 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4R vs Shure se535? Noob HELP! Last post on 9/14/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't decide on my first actual Hi-end IEMs - help needed Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Beyerdynamic DT 480 - 25 ohm(with some mods) This is a review of the Beyerdynamic DT 480, I believe the only other headphone that shares a driver with the DT 48, the original dynamic headphone....
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
Shure SE535 a bit too bright/sibilant?post #1 of 83/18/11 at 8:02amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 83/18/11 at 8:11amQuote:
I had a similar issue with the 535's. There were a couple of spikes that irritated me to the point of fatigue. You can try to EQ them down at 7kHz and 10kHz, that may help.
post #3 of 83/18/11 at 8:19am
EQing the Shure down on 10khz? It's gonna make them even more darker. I would try to find the peak between 5khz and 8khz.
EDIT. I'm talking about my old E500. But if the SE535 is indeed so much brighter in treble, maybe it could help.
Edited by PsiCore - 3/18/11 at 8:21ampost #4 of 83/18/11 at 9:00amThread Starter
Yeah, I'm EQ'ing with a parametric EQ at about 7KHz with a moderately narrow bandwidth. It helps. But when I'm using portable players, I really prefer not having to use EQ since it drains the battery faster. That's the whole reason I got the SE535, because the W3's bass and treble had issues and required significant EQ'ing. I was hoping the SE535 would require no EQ'ing.post #5 of 83/18/11 at 10:23amQuote:
My two main trouble areas/spikes were around 7kHz and around 9kHz, unfortunately foobar only allows me to adjust 7k and 10k, so I was forced to EQ them down at 10k. I got tired of fiddling with EQ and sold them off. I prefer no Eq.post #6 of 83/25/11 at 6:06pmThread Starter
BTW, here are my EQ settings for the Shure SE535 and Westone 3:
I really don't have any confidence that if I were to sell the SE535 and W3 off and continue to search for the ideal IEM, I'd find a pair that would require no EQ'ing. I might just keep the IEM's I have now and just rely on EQ, unless you guys have suggestions for IEM's that don't require any EQ and sound great as is.post #7 of 84/23/14 at 8:17ampost #8 of 84/23/14 at 11:21amQuote:
Hmm, I havent felt that at all. I find them to very well-behaved and smooth headphones with warmish highs, almost bordering on "polite" - and I am usually very sensitive to bright treble.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 a bit too bright/sibilant?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 18 seconds ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 36 seconds ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 51 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official ♦♦ Chord Hugo2 Canada/U.S.A. Tour ♦♦ Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear