Just wondering, do most of you consider the SE535 a bit too bright/sibilant--to the point of being fatiguing? I'm finding it hard to adjust to it, especially when compared to the better headphones I have.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/18/11
- productShure E500 PTHtagged by System, 3/18/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535 replacement cable Last post on 11/27/16 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4R vs Shure se535? Noob HELP! Last post on 9/14/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't decide on my first actual Hi-end IEMs - help needed Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
FiiO X1 - 2 Gen. Review Disclaimer: The product I am reviewing was provided to me from FiiO in exchange for an honest review on it. Please note that being a review unit certain aspects of the...
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Shure SE535 a bit too bright/sibilant?post #1 of 83/18/11 at 8:02amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 83/18/11 at 8:11amQuote:
I had a similar issue with the 535's. There were a couple of spikes that irritated me to the point of fatigue. You can try to EQ them down at 7kHz and 10kHz, that may help.
post #3 of 83/18/11 at 8:19am
EQing the Shure down on 10khz? It's gonna make them even more darker. I would try to find the peak between 5khz and 8khz.
EDIT. I'm talking about my old E500. But if the SE535 is indeed so much brighter in treble, maybe it could help.
Edited by PsiCore - 3/18/11 at 8:21ampost #4 of 83/18/11 at 9:00amThread Starter
Yeah, I'm EQ'ing with a parametric EQ at about 7KHz with a moderately narrow bandwidth. It helps. But when I'm using portable players, I really prefer not having to use EQ since it drains the battery faster. That's the whole reason I got the SE535, because the W3's bass and treble had issues and required significant EQ'ing. I was hoping the SE535 would require no EQ'ing.post #5 of 83/18/11 at 10:23amQuote:
My two main trouble areas/spikes were around 7kHz and around 9kHz, unfortunately foobar only allows me to adjust 7k and 10k, so I was forced to EQ them down at 10k. I got tired of fiddling with EQ and sold them off. I prefer no Eq.post #6 of 83/25/11 at 6:06pmThread Starter
BTW, here are my EQ settings for the Shure SE535 and Westone 3:
I really don't have any confidence that if I were to sell the SE535 and W3 off and continue to search for the ideal IEM, I'd find a pair that would require no EQ'ing. I might just keep the IEM's I have now and just rely on EQ, unless you guys have suggestions for IEM's that don't require any EQ and sound great as is.post #7 of 84/23/14 at 8:17ampost #8 of 84/23/14 at 11:21amQuote:
Hmm, I havent felt that at all. I find them to very well-behaved and smooth headphones with warmish highs, almost bordering on "polite" - and I am usually very sensitive to bright treble.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 a bit too bright/sibilant?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Polk Buckle- an overlooked headphone that deserves a thread 4 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 5 minutes ago
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 5 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear