New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW information on JH-3a - Page 7  

post #91 of 2176


Holla'!

 

We received the 3A on Wednesday and I have finished testing the unit.

I am happy with the audio and I will be giving the go ahead Monday for
them to be assembled and shipped.

They should start shipping from China one week from Monday, April 18.

post #92 of 2176

I'm #60.  I wonder how many weeks it will take for me to get mine.  Everyone know where they are in the order line?

post #93 of 2176

I'm certainly finding it harder and harder to stop myself from venting on this thread...and on that note ill stop myself right here...
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjax1 View Post

...I think most would agree that the manner in which communication and transparency has been handled has been poor at best. And, if you think I am the only one who feels that way, you must have missed the other 181 pages of people's frustrations...

  ...I think most would say that it was starting to look less and less likely.

post #94 of 2176


75 I believe... I am curious as to how long each order will take to turn around, and what their throughput will be for processing orders each day. Someone mentioned that it will take several hours of tuning per order after the shells are made. Does anyone have a concrete number for this process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf1216 View Post

I'm #60.  I wonder how many weeks it will take for me to get mine.  Everyone know where they are in the order line?



 


Edited by garetjax1 - 4/16/11 at 8:41am
post #95 of 2176

Now that delivery is on the horizon, has everyone finalized their hardware purchases? What is everyone using in terms of source, interconnects, etc.?

 

Me: (IPod Classic 160gb | Ipod Nano) + lossless -> Moon Audio Interconnect -> Algo Solo -> Moon Audio -> JH-3a

 

I'm struggling with the best way to transport this beast, which, according to these rough dimensions is going to be slightly in excess of 2" thick:

 

  • JH-3a: 4.8 x 3.2 x 1.2
  • Solo: 4.3 x 2.8 x .75
  • IPod: 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.41

 

I think for max portability, I may go with the Nano + JH-3a, and when I need to carry around my entire collection, switch to the Ipod + Solo.

 

Has anyone figured out what type of carrying case / mechanism they will use?

post #96 of 2176
Wow, theyre finally getting these things built! Hope they end up being as good as you guys expected it to be.
post #97 of 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjax1 View Post

Now that delivery is on the horizon, has everyone finalized their hardware purchases? What is everyone using in terms of source, interconnects, etc.?

 

Me: (IPod Classic 160gb | Ipod Nano) + lossless -> Moon Audio Interconnect -> Algo Solo -> Moon Audio -> JH-3a

 

I'm struggling with the best way to transport this beast, which, according to these rough dimensions is going to be slightly in excess of 2" thick:

 

  • JH-3a: 4.8 x 3.2 x 1.2
  • Solo: 4.3 x 2.8 x .75
  • IPod: 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.41

 

I think for max portability, I may go with the Nano + JH-3a, and when I need to carry around my entire collection, switch to the Ipod + Solo.

 

Has anyone figured out what type of carrying case / mechanism they will use?



 

I think we should start a seperate thread on this.  I feel its worthy of its own thread.  I personally would like to get as many people's input and ideas on this as possible.

 

 

post #98 of 2176
I'd have the Solo and JH3A attached together, and put it in my shoulder bag for my M17X laptop. I'm using the stock black Cypherlabs ipod-usb cable, and since it's long, I can put it in my pocket and control my music without holding a huge brick.

Imo, it'd be a waste to feed the JH3A signal directly from the nano; I bought the Solo JUST for the JH3A :P
post #99 of 2176
thread started..., lets get as many ideas as we can.

 

JH3A Accessories ..Cables, Cases, Bags, Players...

post #100 of 2176

For me it will be just USB>JH3a :)  I have a portable hdd with about a TB of music on it and J.River portable installation to view all my songs.  That way, whichever computer I decide to use at work or home, I can just hook up the amp and the hdd, and got all my music :)  I've tried so many so called de-jittering devices that I just don't really think they make the music sound 'better' necessarily, just different.

post #101 of 2176

What kind of cable will I need to connect teh solo the JH3A? There is a To amp connection and a DAC connection. Does that mean I need a mini to mini coax cable if that even exists? Do we connect the DAC to the solo part or does the JH3A use the solo's DAC? I am not sure because the jh3a has both a dac and amp?

post #102 of 2176

Someone started a discussion of bags, cables, etc., here:  http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/549675/jh3a-accessories-cables-cases-bags-players

 

I believe that the DAC out from the Solo to the JH-3A would require a Coaxial SPDIF to mini.   Moon Audio has one.

post #103 of 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwirugby View Post

Someone started a discussion of bags, cables, etc., here:  http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/549675/jh3a-accessories-cables-cases-bags-players

 

I believe that the DAC out from the Solo to the JH-3A would require a Coaxial SPDIF to mini.   Moon Audio has one.



thanks for that... my posts seem to be invisible

 

post #104 of 2176

popcorn.gif

post #105 of 2176

I emailed JH audio today - my words in blue - theirs in red.

 

Hi, i just have a request on behalf of all the JH3A pre-orderers.

Since release date seems to be just around the corner It would REALLY help raise our spirits if you all could release some high quality photos -  of the amp, of the cable, of the shells, of the connector that goes into the amp from the cable, the case it comes in...- anything even a photo of the free hoodie.  I really think it would do a lot in the way of relieving some tension and frustration that is still very much lingering around this product.

also there are still many questions that we dont have answers to that would be great to find out.

what are the exact dimensions of the amp
is the amp usable while plugged into an electrical outlet?
how long does it take to charge
can you tell us ANYTHING about the dac specs? how it handles jitter? what kind of dac is it? etc...
any other information you all can give us -anything at all that isnt already known would be great.

Thank you very much
-Ben

 

Hi Ben,

As soon as I have one to photograph I will do so.  Unfortunately the one we have is in Jerry’s possession for further evaluation.  

As far as the dimensions:  2.875" wide x 1.050" tall x 4.4" deep

Charging is done through USB, and you can use the amp while plugged in.

I don’t have the dac info but I will forward Jerry for that.

Thanks,
Jaime

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked