New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW information on JH-3a - Page 3  

post #31 of 2176

Woohoo, another update!

 

Hi again!

Okay, time for another update.

The SPDIF issue fixed, it is now Coax.

The MCU issue is almost resolved.  We are still working on one line of the code.  The file is transferring, but it is losing the delay settings.  Once this is sorted out, we can begin production and we will have the amps one week from that time.

We'll put out another update when there is new info for you!


Thanks,
Jaime

post #32 of 2176

garetjax1, you can mod your iriver to output electrical spdif so it should work fine with the jh3a.

Here is a description of what you need to do: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/497818/poll-who-uses-an-iriver-h1x0-with-digital-out/15 (at the bottom)

post #33 of 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccabe View Post

garetjax1, you can mod your iriver to output electrical spdif so it should work fine with the jh3a.

Here is a description of what you need to do: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/497818/poll-who-uses-an-iriver-h1x0-with-digital-out/15 (at the bottom)



Jack, thanks for pointing that out!!! Hmmm, I will definitely need to take a look into this... appreciate the info bud, thanks!

post #34 of 2176

Will the JH-3A work with ipad camera connection kit?  I hear in the "ipad camera connection" thread that the new os4 update has made most dacs incompatible with the ipad.  The new update restricts anything that draws too much power.  I guess we won't know until it comes out.  Bummer if it doesn't work.  

Hopefully it will work with usb powered hub. 

 

 

post #35 of 2176
Well, the iPad always had a limit, it's just a new one with iOS 4. The update didn't affect any of my DACs, but I'm sure some were. Just not sure 'most' were affected either way (never could or still can). As the ipad was so often mentioned by JHA at the beginning, I would hope we'd be updated if a change there. Depends how portable you think the JH3A is and how tied down you want the iPad to be, but there's always cheap, small 16/44.1-48 USB to SPDIF coax converters that work with the iPad & cam kit. I use a HA INFO $25 one for non-USB DACs.*

* For jitter worriers there are expensive options, but not sure the iPad is the best starting point there.
Edited by blessingx - 3/26/11 at 12:44pm
post #36 of 2176

Thanks for the new thread folks, I dont use facebook so this is the only way for me to stay up to date on the jh3a developments. On the topic of sources for the jh3a I read the new mp3-player by little dot will have coax out but that one wont be released till june this year. Greetings, Anouk,

post #37 of 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anouk View Post

Thanks for the new thread folks, I dont use facebook so this is the only way for me to stay up to date on the jh3a developments. On the topic of sources for the jh3a I read the new mp3-player by little dot will have coax out but that one wont be released till june this year. Greetings, Anouk,



 

ive tried to explain this before, but you dont need a facebook account to use facebook.

 

just go to www.facebook.com/jhaudio 

 

you cant post but you can watch...

 

 

the fiio x3 will have a digital out as well... due out may-ish

post #38 of 2176

Hi, I know I can use fb without an account but I find it quite difficult and frustrating to navigate through the site to find the posts by jha that I want to read. Greetings, Anouk,

post #39 of 2176

From FB:

 

"Hi Everyone, Good news! We finally received the DSP code yesterday and it seems to work properly. There is an amp on it's way from the factory for evaluation. Once this has been approved it will take one week for the amps to ship from the factory to us. We'll get back to you with more info as soon as it's available. Thanks, Everyone at JHA "

post #40 of 2176

Lol, April 1st.

post #41 of 2176

it wouldn't surprise me, tbh
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

Lol, April 1st.



 

post #42 of 2176

no way.. there is no way this is an april fools joke.  that would be a pretty sick joke at this point. tongue_smile.gif

post #43 of 2176

Its not a joke.  We (as in folks who have pre-ordered, the royal one) are back to where we were when the board had the first issue.   JHA is waiting on the final eval units for manufacturing approval.  If everything checks out, then a week later he can fill everyone's order.  If I had to guess on why they didn't email everyone directly as before is they are hoping that next week they can announce the amps are done!  I sure hope so.

post #44 of 2176

About time...

post #45 of 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

Its not a joke.  We (as in folks who have pre-ordered, the royal one) are back to where we were when the board had the first issue.   JHA is waiting on the final eval units for manufacturing approval.  If everything checks out, then a week later he can fill everyone's order.  If I had to guess on why they didn't email everyone directly as before is they are hoping that next week they can announce the amps are done!  I sure hope so.


Then the tuning process begins?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked