If JHA doesn't have the working, updated jh-3a by RMAF, will they still show? Does anyone think they'll cancel?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Customs IEM and how long it last?? Last post on 1/22/12 at 11:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16's, with or without JH-3A? Last post on 5/5/16 at 2:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JHA consumer experience thread (Positive=Yes, Negative=No) Last post on 3/22/12 at 2:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $3000 budget on a portable rig !!! Last post on 10/11/10 at 2:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH5pro thread Last post on 9/27/16 at 7:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
- Headphone Impedance
NEW information on JH-3a - Page 135
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's an opportunity still for many to hear the demo universal version of their JH13pro and JH16pro and for JHA to sell them on the spot.
Let's face it, the JH-3A is a very very small niche. Even for JHA, it's not their main bread and butter.
Anyone have Word? Last confirmed update I read was from GG, early last week I think...
It's Columbus Day,,, I imagine JHA is taking today off?? Tomorrow's Tuesday, likely another day off...
While listening to the latest Head-Fi video this lands in my inbox...
- We have removed the active crossover from the amp and put it back into the earpiece. This change allows the earpieces to be used without being married to the amp. We have had many customers request this flexibility and we are happy to be able to offer it.
- (An 8-Pin to 3.5 mm male mini adapter is required. With the adaptor, the JH16 may be used as a normal passive crossover earpiece and can be plugged into any source a typical JH16 would. There is no impact to the audio quality for either application. We will offer the adaptor, with the price being determined next week.)
- The 3A still has 3 internal amps (low, mid and high) driving the passive crossover components in the earpiece. This allows us to EQ and delay each amp for the particular component in order to correct EQ and phase.
- The 3A can run in either 2 amp mode (mids and highs) or 3 amp mode (lows, mids and highs) by switching between the B/M switch.
- In 2-way mode, the low end response is perfectly flat. In 3-way mode the bass response is +3db to +14db depending on the bass amp volume control setting.
- Amp stage is totally silent
- The analog input has been increased so the gain is closer to gain of the the digital input.
Is this what they meant to say? I assume the 3 sections are still driving the 3 sets of drivers discretely... and ... we don't have a passive crossover in the way? (Though I wonder how this is possible.)
Isn't in the case that "active crossover" means the amping happens AFTER the crossover? I *know* they're not AMPING the signal in the earphones... so I'm not quite clear exactly what this all means.
I have to assume they intend to say the DAC stage is totally silent, too.......
Edit: Yeah, what MDH3 said. Is it even possible this ISN'T a step backwards in design?
Edited by thread - 10/10/11 at 2:42pm
I am in agreeance here. The beauty of the product was the active crossover section. I don't know if the price justifies the means now. The monitors should measure flat without the JH3A. I'm hoping the product reviews nicely at CanJam because I am bummed thinking that this device isn't going to be what I was expecting.
This is odd. The format of the 3A was changed because a patent was granted,,, last January?? Uhm, what the hell, why is something being changed now for a patent that is 10 months old?? What about the factory production? The old production 3A (with all the problems) was being newly produced,,, or was it?
What a mess. More more more evidence, if naysayers are not convinced yet, to solidify a growing impression that this company is all over the map with decision making, communication, judgement, common sense, courtesy, design planning, production management, etc etc etc.
wow, so the few that currently have the 3a now own a very unique product? wonder how that is going to effect getting it serviced if they intended to send it back to have the noise floor adjusted or for any other reason...
well, i got my molds for my UM miracles and sold my CLAS today.. glad to have the JH3A debacle behind me
That's how I'm reading it.
6 years ago Jerry thought up the concept and applied for patent UNDER UE. They have since pursued the granting of the patent after realising they own the IP for this type of product. It was agreed in January and UE have since been chasing JH to stop infringing their patent.
Would go an awful long way to explaining the odd changes to the product spec, the supposed changes made by the factory and now the complete dumping of the original design concept.
- NEW information on JH-3a
- › Radius HP-NHR-21 tour...a great bass-head earphone 12 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 58 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 2 minutes ago
- › What is Your Sennheiser HD800 Setup? 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › What are the best Superlux Headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750 vs DUNU DN-1000 5 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear