MCU = microcontroller = the electronic brain.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Customs IEM and how long it last?? Last post on 1/22/12 at 11:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16's, with or without JH-3A? Last post on 11/25/11 at 7:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JHA consumer experience thread (Positive=Yes, Negative=No) Last post on 3/22/12 at 2:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $3000 budget on a portable rig !!! Last post on 10/11/10 at 2:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread Last post on 12/14/13 at 8:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
NEW information on JH-3a - Page 2post #16 of 21763/18/11 at 3:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 21763/18/11 at 5:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Br777
well it took them 9 months, but they finally sent an email update.. my goodness.. better late than never?... i guess... its a sore spot for me, but whatever.
I'm digging the new dual volume knobs.. i would be happy if it stayed that way.
according to their website both the regular volume, and bass are digital so i think they would have been obligated to tell us if that changed.. but due to the DSP i dont think it could have anyway.
i ordered the rust amp. i hope its full rust rather than black face plates.. but hey if thats my only niggle i can live with a little black.
The MCU issue has been addressed... - what is the MCU? and what was the issue? clearly i missed something here.
... once the connectors arrive to the manufacturer... - what connectors are they referring to?
The connectors are the multi 1/8 and coax spdif jacks as the manufacture had used multi 1/8 and optical. So the multi optical had to be replaced and new 1/8 multi coax spdif needed to be ordered.
Folks this one only stays open if we keep it on topic and civil.post #18 of 21763/18/11 at 9:07ampost #19 of 21763/18/11 at 11:33ampost #20 of 21763/18/11 at 12:11pm
Well, looks like I am out $600 bones... Just spent $$$ on an IRiver-120, and a 128gb drive for it. My fault for pulling the trigger on a source prior to the finalized release of the JH-3a. Grr, the lack of optical is disappointing to say the least. In terms of portable sources, what options are left that can feed it a digital signal?
Options I had considered:
- Colorful Colorfly: seemed scary, based on some reviews
- Hifiman 801: hate the form factor, size constraints of the sd cards
- CypherLabs Solo: spending five hundred bucks to get a digital signal out of an iSource seems a little much, especially given the portability of such a solution (iDevice+Solo+JH-3a)
- Hifiman 601: no digital out?
- Ipad + USB Camera kit: not very portable
Guys, I need help here :)
Ideally I can transport my 90gb of music in a solution that fits in a (largish) front pocket, while still providing a digital source to the JH-3a.post #21 of 21763/18/11 at 12:18pm
Just hook it up straight to the line out of your ipod and call it a day :) You'd be surprised at how little more you'd enjoy the music if you had all that extra async coax out from the Algorythm solo. The JH3a is an extremely solid and competent product (based on my experience at Canjam) and should sould pretty great no matter what you throw at it.post #22 of 21763/18/11 at 12:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by monsieurguzel
Just hook it up straight to the line out of your ipod and call it a day :) You'd be surprised at how little more you'd enjoy the music if you had all that extra async coax out from the Algorythm solo. The JH3a is an extremely solid and competent product (based on my experience at Canjam) and should sould pretty great no matter what you throw at it.
Hehe, yah, I am starting to lean that way... Months of agonizing over the perfect source has left me brain dead. I just wish I could carry my entire catalog around with me, instead of having to sync selected pieces of it. A modded IRiver seemed like the perfect complement to the JH-3a, and met all of my needs, and criteria for audio nirvana.
Sigh :)post #23 of 21763/18/11 at 12:24pm
Ananxilus: And why would you want that? They will have to change design to implent second volume knob and for most people it will just cause problems.
Garetjax: Hifiman doesnt have digital out. From cheaper devices Fiio X3 and maybe cowon D3 will have coax out.post #24 of 21763/18/11 at 12:27pmQuote:
Ah, good to know, thank you... I feel better now about not going down that path....
Oh, the FiiO x3 isn't out yet though, is it? And, the Cowon D3 has a 32gb capacity limit, eh?
Edited by garetjax1 - 3/18/11 at 12:36pmpost #25 of 21763/18/11 at 12:39pmQuote:
I didn't say they needed to do it now. I was wondering why it wasn't considered. i assume it wasn't to keep costs down. I find it useful on my other gear. Why wouldn't you want independent control over each channel? Apart from a bad implementation of course.
QA350 is another option for coax.
Edited by Anaxilus - 3/18/11 at 12:40pmpost #26 of 21763/18/11 at 1:21pm
I know this isn't a super portable source, but the way I manage to cary my entire catalogue of flac songs with me is with a USB harddrive. Since I'm in front of my computer at work all day, I have a 1tb usb harddrive with a portable J.River installation on it. This way when I have my JH3a, I'll just plug that into the work computer adn am ready to go :) No need to buy any uber expensive sources or "audiophile" DAPs that have awkward interfaces and rely on 100 expensive 16gb SD cards...
Quote:post #27 of 21763/18/11 at 11:40pm
do you all suppose that the IEM's shown with the 3A are sporting the actual cable? I'm asking because it looks just like the standard JH cable and everyone seemed to think this one would have to be thicker, or have double inputs or something?
did we every confirm how this cable will look or if it will actually differ in size, shape or how it plugs into the shells?post #28 of 21763/19/11 at 8:49amAlthough the image is poorly compressed and sized, that looks liked a staged regular set (as you said). The finals, whatever they end up as, will have to be different.post #29 of 21763/23/11 at 4:43pmThread Starterpost #30 of 21763/23/11 at 5:02pm
Please, no more speculative talk, especially on this new thread. The old one got locked since it had thousands of posts about nothing. I vote that this one should stay quiet until we have some real progress reports from JH Audio or when the units have shipped.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- NEW information on JH-3a
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 seconds ago
- › Looking for new headphones under $80 26 seconds ago
- › DA&T AC Filter Impression 58 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 1 minute ago
- › HD800 vs HE500 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 3 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 3 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 4 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital