- 3,009 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have d5000+compass worth getting hd650? Last post on 1/21/12 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! on sale on Amazon for $59.99. Last post on 10/10/11 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! One speaker not working. (Troubleshoting help) Last post on 11/23/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with new cans ~£50 Last post on 8/16/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods - Page 13post #181 of 1835/10/15 at 11:44amAre these discontinued by Creative for good? If so I think Fostex should just re-release this line here under a new name but make it the same as their current Kotori 201 Line (Which I think is still in production over at Japan) with all their colour customization options carried over.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 1835/10/15 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by K_19
Are these discontinued by Creative for good? If so I think Fostex should just re-release this line here under a new name but make it the same as their current Kotori 201 Line (Which I think is still in production over at Japan) with all their colour customization options carried over.
Not in my country. If they would make the bass a bit less in quantity and tighter, that would be a killer headphone!post #183 of 1835/10/15 at 1:27pm
I just AB/ed my -sometimes- bass distorted Creative Aurvana Live vs the Focal Spirit Pro.
The first thing I noticed when I heard the CALs after listening to the Spirit Pro for almost a month now, is how ''distant'' they sounded compared to the very upfront sound of the Spirit Pros.
The treble seemed unnaturally boosted on the CAL after listening to the Spirit Pros for a few weeks, but that quickly got away after 2 minutes of listening and they sounded VERY naturally clear and open again.
That annoying ''harsh uppermids texture'' I experience with the Spirit Pros, was also less on the CAL (but still a bit), and my CALs were EVEN smoother before I modded them (so that means the CAL has zero to none harshness in their stock form)
I would say the Creative Aurvana Live sounds clearer and more open than the Spirit Pros, but more distant in presentation, better in comfort.
The Spirit Pro has a ''bigger'', more upfront sound, harsher uppermids (although less uppermids quantity than the CAL, the uppermids texture of the CAL is a lot smoother), more detail, better instrument separation, tighter bass, less clear and open sounding than the CAL, same natural sound as the CAL (again, less bright than the CAL and harsher in the uppermids. But if we ignore those harsh uppermids and more distant sound of the CALs, they sound just as natural).
If I had to keep one headphone, it would be the CAL, since I like my clarity and smooth, natural sound. If the Spirit Pros didn't have that harshness in the uppermids, than I would keep those rather than the CAL, since I can live with less clarity and/or openess (but with the better things the Spirit Pros has over the CAL, like more detail, more upfront sound, bigger sound, tighter bass, better instrument separation)
But that doesn't mean the Spirit Pro sounds dull. It sounds clear enough to me to not bother me, it's just that they sound a bit dull when compared to the CAL..
- Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Destiny 49 seconds ago
- › OnePlus One 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 5 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 6 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 9 minutes ago
- › The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion... 10 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2