- 3,047 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have d5000+compass worth getting hd650? Last post on 1/21/12 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! on sale on Amazon for $59.99. Last post on 10/10/11 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! One speaker not working. (Troubleshoting help) Last post on 11/23/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with new cans ~£50 Last post on 8/16/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods - Page 13post #181 of 1955/10/15 at 11:44amAre these discontinued by Creative for good? If so I think Fostex should just re-release this line here under a new name but make it the same as their current Kotori 201 Line (Which I think is still in production over at Japan) with all their colour customization options carried over.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 1955/10/15 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by K_19
Are these discontinued by Creative for good? If so I think Fostex should just re-release this line here under a new name but make it the same as their current Kotori 201 Line (Which I think is still in production over at Japan) with all their colour customization options carried over.
Not in my country. If they would make the bass a bit less in quantity and tighter, that would be a killer headphone!post #183 of 1955/10/15 at 1:27pm
I just AB/ed my -sometimes- bass distorted Creative Aurvana Live vs the Focal Spirit Pro.
The first thing I noticed when I heard the CALs after listening to the Spirit Pro for almost a month now, is how ''distant'' they sounded compared to the very upfront sound of the Spirit Pros.
The treble seemed unnaturally boosted on the CAL after listening to the Spirit Pros for a few weeks, but that quickly got away after 2 minutes of listening and they sounded VERY naturally clear and open again.
That annoying ''harsh uppermids texture'' I experience with the Spirit Pros, was also less on the CAL (but still a bit), and my CALs were EVEN smoother before I modded them (so that means the CAL has zero to none harshness in their stock form)
I would say the Creative Aurvana Live sounds clearer and more open than the Spirit Pros, but more distant in presentation, better in comfort.
The Spirit Pro has a ''bigger'', more upfront sound, harsher uppermids (although less uppermids quantity than the CAL, the uppermids texture of the CAL is a lot smoother), more detail, better instrument separation, tighter bass, less clear and open sounding than the CAL, same natural sound as the CAL (again, less bright than the CAL and harsher in the uppermids. But if we ignore those harsh uppermids and more distant sound of the CALs, they sound just as natural).
If I had to keep one headphone, it would be the CAL, since I like my clarity and smooth, natural sound. If the Spirit Pros didn't have that harshness in the uppermids, than I would keep those rather than the CAL, since I can live with less clarity and/or openess (but with the better things the Spirit Pros has over the CAL, like more detail, more upfront sound, bigger sound, tighter bass, better instrument separation)
But that doesn't mean the Spirit Pro sounds dull. It sounds clear enough to me to not bother me, it's just that they sound a bit dull when compared to the CAL..post #184 of 1956/4/15 at 10:55pmpost #185 of 1956/5/15 at 1:25ampost #186 of 1956/5/15 at 2:17ampost #187 of 1956/12/15 at 3:13ampost #188 of 1956/12/15 at 3:39am
These are just wonderful sounding headphones once you get the fit right on your head.
They actually let me enjoy the music, because they sound very clear and natural, but without being too strident like the Focal Spirit Professionalpost #189 of 1956/12/15 at 6:41ampost #190 of 1956/12/15 at 6:48amQuote:
Any specifics? Do people have some kind of favorite replacement pads for the CAL ?post #191 of 1956/13/15 at 12:03amQuote:
How did you make them swivel like that?
Also, where did you buy the carb sticker?post #192 of 1956/14/15 at 9:53amQuote:post #193 of 1956/16/15 at 10:39ampost #194 of 1956/16/15 at 2:40pmpost #195 of 1956/16/15 at 7:16pm
- Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 18 seconds ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 1 minute ago
- › Ottawa Region 2015 Head-fi Meet - Respond here 1 minute ago
- › First open back headphones (help) 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › What is the best music player (software)? 6 minutes ago
- › Buying portable gear 6 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)