Wow..it's very impressive mod.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have d5000+compass worth getting hd650? Last post on 1/21/12 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! on sale on Amazon for $59.99. Last post on 10/10/11 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! One speaker not working. (Troubleshoting help) Last post on 11/23/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with new cans ~£50 Last post on 8/16/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 2283/7/14 at 2:56am
Hi, i want to mod my CAL.
I have a Xonar U7 Soundcard, make it any sense that i want to recable my CAL, is there a significant difference of the audio quality?
And which cable would you take?
or this sounds really good but i think a little expensive: http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=45post #123 of 2283/7/14 at 12:17pm
Recommend to you Astruds mod. Worth it - tried. Damping is more useful than recabling. Astrud is somehow speechless...
Edited by garcsa - 3/7/14 at 12:19pmpost #124 of 2284/5/14 at 12:37pm
Any headband mods? I find it really hard on my head but I love the sound and earpads of the headphone!
Generally, I would love my cal to have other headband. Maybe headband fro other headphone would fit. It's a simple shape without cables inside, should not be hard to find or make onepost #125 of 2284/7/14 at 5:17am
So non accessories like earpads and headband that would fit the cal! ?
User on another forum said I could try this. Would if fit our cal! ?post #126 of 2284/23/14 at 10:14ampost #127 of 2285/6/14 at 10:44pm
Did anyone find better earpads to replace the stock ones ?
Not a big fan of earpads foam mods and looking for more thickness and isolation.
I was thinking maybe HM5's but not sure they fit though...post #128 of 2285/7/14 at 7:42ampost #129 of 2285/7/14 at 9:55ampost #130 of 2285/9/14 at 5:56am
for me the mod in the very first post in this thread did the job of giving enough space for my ear. I can really recommend that as the first to try, if someone might have forgotten that in the light of the many posts here :-)post #131 of 2285/10/14 at 2:12pm
Tried HM5 pads on the CAL!s and fits my ears sooo much better. I haven't listened to these in some time, so I'm not sure if it changes much of the the sound signature. Since it is a bit farther from the drivers than the stock pads, I think it gives it little bit more soundstage. I definitely recommend the HM5 pads for CAL! just for the pure comfort.. Also, HM5 pads + CAL 2s = Best experience with these cans I've had so far.post #132 of 2285/10/14 at 9:46pmpost #133 of 2285/11/14 at 4:41pm
Honestly if you're still on the fence about getting the pads then save your money. It's $17.50 american dollars for a pair of HM5 pads, which is less than a bar tab on a Friday night for me. I really enjoy the ergonomics, the isolation is not better or worse on the CAL! (on the CAL2 HM5 pads do provide a bit more of isolation). They are a tiny bit larger than the headphone cups but still fit really well. I'm pretty sure someone in this thread posted a photo of HM5 pads on CAL! so just do a bit of backtracking for some photos.post #134 of 2285/11/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
Thanks, found the pics. Ear space and comfort both improved. For less than 20$, it seems to me like a reasonable upgrade especially since HM5 pads fit other headphones too.post #135 of 2288/1/14 at 7:46am
How good are these Headphones for Listening to Rock Genre off my cell phone or Laptop with no Amp ?
My friend who is somewhat of an audiophile said Creative are more famous for their bass and are meant for more bass heavy genre like hip hop , He said he would prefer Sennheiser HD 449 over these are those suit my taste of music better
A little info about what i am into
The Genre i usually listen to is Pop ,Alternative Rock , Indy Rock , Pop Rock , nu metal , experimental rock , christian rock , punk rock . I dont listen to heavy Metal that often
Some of the bands i usually listen to
Linkin Park (old stuff )
30 seconds to Mars
- Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 44 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Torpedo III Build Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia vs. HIFIMAN HE1000 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...