Wow..it's very impressive mod.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have d5000+compass worth getting hd650? Last post on 1/21/12 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! on sale on Amazon for $59.99. Last post on 10/10/11 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! One speaker not working. (Troubleshoting help) Last post on 11/23/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with new cans ~£50 Last post on 8/16/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for going out of the way to take me to Fujiya Avic. Out of the box, the TG334 sounds bass enhanced with the...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1353/7/14 at 2:56am
Hi, i want to mod my CAL.
I have a Xonar U7 Soundcard, make it any sense that i want to recable my CAL, is there a significant difference of the audio quality?
And which cable would you take?
or this sounds really good but i think a little expensive: http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=45post #123 of 1353/7/14 at 12:17pm
Recommend to you Astruds mod. Worth it - tried. Damping is more useful than recabling. Astrud is somehow speechless...
Edited by garcsa - 3/7/14 at 12:19pmpost #124 of 1354/5/14 at 12:37pm
Any headband mods? I find it really hard on my head but I love the sound and earpads of the headphone!
Generally, I would love my cal to have other headband. Maybe headband fro other headphone would fit. It's a simple shape without cables inside, should not be hard to find or make onepost #125 of 1354/7/14 at 5:17am
So non accessories like earpads and headband that would fit the cal! ?
User on another forum said I could try this. Would if fit our cal! ?post #126 of 1354/23/14 at 10:14ampost #127 of 1355/6/14 at 10:44pmpost #128 of 1355/7/14 at 7:42ampost #129 of 1355/7/14 at 9:55ampost #130 of 1355/9/14 at 5:56am
for me the mod in the very first post in this thread did the job of giving enough space for my ear. I can really recommend that as the first to try, if someone might have forgotten that in the light of the many posts here :-)post #131 of 1355/10/14 at 2:12pm
Tried HM5 pads on the CAL!s and fits my ears sooo much better. I haven't listened to these in some time, so I'm not sure if it changes much of the the sound signature. Since it is a bit farther from the drivers than the stock pads, I think it gives it little bit more soundstage. I definitely recommend the HM5 pads for CAL! just for the pure comfort.. Also, HM5 pads + CAL 2s = Best experience with these cans I've had so far.post #132 of 1355/10/14 at 9:46pmpost #133 of 1355/11/14 at 4:41pm
Honestly if you're still on the fence about getting the pads then save your money. It's $17.50 american dollars for a pair of HM5 pads, which is less than a bar tab on a Friday night for me. I really enjoy the ergonomics, the isolation is not better or worse on the CAL! (on the CAL2 HM5 pads do provide a bit more of isolation). They are a tiny bit larger than the headphone cups but still fit really well. I'm pretty sure someone in this thread posted a photo of HM5 pads on CAL! so just do a bit of backtracking for some photos.post #134 of 1355/11/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
Thanks, found the pics. Ear space and comfort both improved. For less than 20$, it seems to me like a reasonable upgrade especially since HM5 pads fit other headphones too.post #135 of 1358/1/14 at 7:46am
How good are these Headphones for Listening to Rock Genre off my cell phone or Laptop with no Amp ?
My friend who is somewhat of an audiophile said Creative are more famous for their bass and are meant for more bass heavy genre like hip hop , He said he would prefer Sennheiser HD 449 over these are those suit my taste of music better
A little info about what i am into
The Genre i usually listen to is Pop ,Alternative Rock , Indy Rock , Pop Rock , nu metal , experimental rock , christian rock , punk rock . I dont listen to heavy Metal that often
Some of the bands i usually listen to
Linkin Park (old stuff )
30 seconds to Mars
- Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 second ago
- › Damping Factor 58 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 1 minute ago
- › Wood IEMs: What do you suggest? 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › A practical experiment that shows how damping factor works in... 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)