Wow..it's very impressive mod.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have d5000+compass worth getting hd650? Last post on 1/21/12 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! on sale on Amazon for $59.99. Last post on 10/10/11 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! One speaker not working. (Troubleshoting help) Last post on 11/23/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with new cans ~£50 Last post on 8/16/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1353/7/14 at 2:56am
Hi, i want to mod my CAL.
I have a Xonar U7 Soundcard, make it any sense that i want to recable my CAL, is there a significant difference of the audio quality?
And which cable would you take?
or this sounds really good but i think a little expensive: http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=45post #123 of 1353/7/14 at 12:17pm
Recommend to you Astruds mod. Worth it - tried. Damping is more useful than recabling. Astrud is somehow speechless...
Edited by garcsa - 3/7/14 at 12:19pmpost #124 of 1354/5/14 at 12:37pm
Any headband mods? I find it really hard on my head but I love the sound and earpads of the headphone!
Generally, I would love my cal to have other headband. Maybe headband fro other headphone would fit. It's a simple shape without cables inside, should not be hard to find or make onepost #125 of 1354/7/14 at 5:17am
So non accessories like earpads and headband that would fit the cal! ?
User on another forum said I could try this. Would if fit our cal! ?post #126 of 1354/23/14 at 10:14ampost #127 of 1355/6/14 at 10:44pmpost #128 of 1355/7/14 at 7:42ampost #129 of 1355/7/14 at 9:55ampost #130 of 1355/9/14 at 5:56am
for me the mod in the very first post in this thread did the job of giving enough space for my ear. I can really recommend that as the first to try, if someone might have forgotten that in the light of the many posts here :-)post #131 of 1355/10/14 at 2:12pm
Tried HM5 pads on the CAL!s and fits my ears sooo much better. I haven't listened to these in some time, so I'm not sure if it changes much of the the sound signature. Since it is a bit farther from the drivers than the stock pads, I think it gives it little bit more soundstage. I definitely recommend the HM5 pads for CAL! just for the pure comfort.. Also, HM5 pads + CAL 2s = Best experience with these cans I've had so far.post #132 of 1355/10/14 at 9:46pmpost #133 of 1355/11/14 at 4:41pm
Honestly if you're still on the fence about getting the pads then save your money. It's $17.50 american dollars for a pair of HM5 pads, which is less than a bar tab on a Friday night for me. I really enjoy the ergonomics, the isolation is not better or worse on the CAL! (on the CAL2 HM5 pads do provide a bit more of isolation). They are a tiny bit larger than the headphone cups but still fit really well. I'm pretty sure someone in this thread posted a photo of HM5 pads on CAL! so just do a bit of backtracking for some photos.post #134 of 1355/11/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
Thanks, found the pics. Ear space and comfort both improved. For less than 20$, it seems to me like a reasonable upgrade especially since HM5 pads fit other headphones too.post #135 of 1358/1/14 at 7:46am
How good are these Headphones for Listening to Rock Genre off my cell phone or Laptop with no Amp ?
My friend who is somewhat of an audiophile said Creative are more famous for their bass and are meant for more bass heavy genre like hip hop , He said he would prefer Sennheiser HD 449 over these are those suit my taste of music better
A little info about what i am into
The Genre i usually listen to is Pop ,Alternative Rock , Indy Rock , Pop Rock , nu metal , experimental rock , christian rock , punk rock . I dont listen to heavy Metal that often
Some of the bands i usually listen to
Linkin Park (old stuff )
30 seconds to Mars
- Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 26 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 32 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 1 minute ago
- › Ok so I started making the move to better sound quality headphones... 2 minutes ago
- › $200-$300 over ear heaphones for Thrash/Heavy metal 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for classical music set-up? 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)