Wow..it's very impressive mod.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Have d5000+compass worth getting hd650? Last post on 1/21/12 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! on sale on Amazon for $59.99. Last post on 10/10/11 at 5:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! One speaker not working. (Troubleshoting help) Last post on 11/23/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with new cans ~£50 Last post on 8/16/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1353/7/14 at 2:56am
Hi, i want to mod my CAL.
I have a Xonar U7 Soundcard, make it any sense that i want to recable my CAL, is there a significant difference of the audio quality?
And which cable would you take?
or this sounds really good but i think a little expensive: http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=45post #123 of 1353/7/14 at 12:17pm
Recommend to you Astruds mod. Worth it - tried. Damping is more useful than recabling. Astrud is somehow speechless...
Edited by garcsa - 3/7/14 at 12:19pmpost #124 of 1354/5/14 at 12:37pm
Any headband mods? I find it really hard on my head but I love the sound and earpads of the headphone!
Generally, I would love my cal to have other headband. Maybe headband fro other headphone would fit. It's a simple shape without cables inside, should not be hard to find or make onepost #125 of 1354/7/14 at 5:17am
So non accessories like earpads and headband that would fit the cal! ?
User on another forum said I could try this. Would if fit our cal! ?post #126 of 1354/23/14 at 10:14ampost #127 of 1355/6/14 at 10:44pmpost #128 of 1355/7/14 at 7:42ampost #129 of 1355/7/14 at 9:55ampost #130 of 1355/9/14 at 5:56am
for me the mod in the very first post in this thread did the job of giving enough space for my ear. I can really recommend that as the first to try, if someone might have forgotten that in the light of the many posts here :-)post #131 of 1355/10/14 at 2:12pm
Tried HM5 pads on the CAL!s and fits my ears sooo much better. I haven't listened to these in some time, so I'm not sure if it changes much of the the sound signature. Since it is a bit farther from the drivers than the stock pads, I think it gives it little bit more soundstage. I definitely recommend the HM5 pads for CAL! just for the pure comfort.. Also, HM5 pads + CAL 2s = Best experience with these cans I've had so far.post #132 of 1355/10/14 at 9:46pmpost #133 of 1355/11/14 at 4:41pm
Honestly if you're still on the fence about getting the pads then save your money. It's $17.50 american dollars for a pair of HM5 pads, which is less than a bar tab on a Friday night for me. I really enjoy the ergonomics, the isolation is not better or worse on the CAL! (on the CAL2 HM5 pads do provide a bit more of isolation). They are a tiny bit larger than the headphone cups but still fit really well. I'm pretty sure someone in this thread posted a photo of HM5 pads on CAL! so just do a bit of backtracking for some photos.post #134 of 1355/11/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
Thanks, found the pics. Ear space and comfort both improved. For less than 20$, it seems to me like a reasonable upgrade especially since HM5 pads fit other headphones too.post #135 of 1358/1/14 at 7:46am
How good are these Headphones for Listening to Rock Genre off my cell phone or Laptop with no Amp ?
My friend who is somewhat of an audiophile said Creative are more famous for their bass and are meant for more bass heavy genre like hip hop , He said he would prefer Sennheiser HD 449 over these are those suit my taste of music better
A little info about what i am into
The Genre i usually listen to is Pop ,Alternative Rock , Indy Rock , Pop Rock , nu metal , experimental rock , christian rock , punk rock . I dont listen to heavy Metal that often
Some of the bands i usually listen to
Linkin Park (old stuff )
30 seconds to Mars
- Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › Help Finding Headphones <$200 4 minutes ago
- › Is anyone building the KGSSHV? 4 minutes ago
- › Best $300 Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 5 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 6 minutes ago
- › FS Ipod classic ( Colorware $299) Fiio, X5 $275, Ibasso Dx50 $160... 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)