Has anyone compared the two units? Which is a better headphones amp?
- productBenchmark - DAC-1 -HDR - Preamplifier / DAC / Headphone Amp SILVERtagged by System, 3/18/11
- productBenchmark DAC1 USBtagged by System, 3/18/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 3/18/11
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by System, 3/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Full sized amps with low output impedance Last post on 8/14/12 at 9:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Nuforce icon HDP or Little Dot MK III / IV -- DAC_1 for Sennheiser HD 600 Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: Analog Design Labs Svetlana 2 tube headphone amplifier Last post on 6/4/14 at 1:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Pre-amp in the DAC? Last post on 3/21/11 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III used as Preamp w/Direct Coupled Amp? Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:28pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Headphone Impedance
Grace Design M903 vs. Benchmark DAC1 HDR?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Way late on this one, but the DAC1 has better gain stage selectibility and a higher damping factor. Most people can't tell them apart, but occasionally there are nags about uneven frequency response from the Grace. I haven't gotten to the bottom of that. Also, the Benchmark runs native current from the DAC stage through the differential op-amps... all in current mode for the fastest transient response with the least distortion. Their THD+N is insanely low and it runs cooler than the Grace.
- Grace Design M903 vs. Benchmark DAC1 HDR?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 20 seconds ago
- › 3-Channel Beta 22 with backplane - 2nd PRICE REDUCTION 23 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 2: "Pop" goes DSD. (page 122) 30 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 Sound Questions + <$50 Sound Card 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)