Has anyone compared the two units? Which is a better headphones amp?
- productBenchmark - DAC-1 -HDR - Preamplifier / DAC / Headphone Amp SILVERtagged by System, 3/18/11
- productBenchmark DAC1 USBtagged by System, 3/18/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 3/18/11
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by System, 3/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Full sized amps with low output impedance Last post on 8/14/12 at 9:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Nuforce icon HDP or Little Dot MK III / IV -- DAC_1 for Sennheiser HD 600 Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Review: Analog Design Labs Svetlana 2 tube headphone amplifier Last post on 6/4/14 at 1:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Pre-amp in the DAC? Last post on 3/21/11 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III used as Preamp w/Direct Coupled Amp? Last post on 3/3/11 at 5:28pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
- Headphone Impedance
Grace Design M903 vs. Benchmark DAC1 HDR?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Way late on this one, but the DAC1 has better gain stage selectibility and a higher damping factor. Most people can't tell them apart, but occasionally there are nags about uneven frequency response from the Grace. I haven't gotten to the bottom of that. Also, the Benchmark runs native current from the DAC stage through the differential op-amps... all in current mode for the fastest transient response with the least distortion. Their THD+N is insanely low and it runs cooler than the Grace.
- Grace Design M903 vs. Benchmark DAC1 HDR?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 8 seconds ago
- › What soundcard for 3d gaming through vmoda m100? 43 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › Denon D5000 with Martin Audio Coco Rosewood Extra Deep Cups +... 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonic ASG-2 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)