When you know you have a disease called upgradeitis but don't give a dam about a finding a cure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 59post #871 of 63568/22/11 at 8:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #872 of 63568/22/11 at 11:02ampost #873 of 63568/22/11 at 11:33ampost #874 of 63568/22/11 at 12:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tilpo
When you think back before your audio revelation and think: what I fool I was back then.
Back then, when I thought I would get beautiful sound by buying a $25 pc speakerset.
Back then, when I thought my Sennheiser CX 300 sounded like summit-fi.
Back then, when I thought bass equalled sound quality
Back then, when I thought sound cards and external DACs couldn't possibly have the slightest effect on sound quality.
Back then, when I thought that Razer headphones actually had decent sound quality for their price.
Back then, when I thought that you shouldn't listen to music per album, but rather by selecting an artist or genre and hitting shuffle.
Back then, when I thought that my dad listened to abominable music.
Back then, when I thought that all headphones sounded the same
Back then, when I thought that audiophiles were fools acting solemnly on a placebo.
Back then, when I thought that vinyl is for hippies and old people not wanting to change to digital media.
Back then, when I thought that music was only to be listened to on the background, and should not be thought of as an actual activity.
Back then, when I thought a DAP with 4GB had more than enough storage.
Oh heavens, what a fool I was back then. Tell me, how could I possibly repent for my endless list of sins? Oh heavens, tell me it's not too late to repent.
^ Back then, when Beats and Skullcandy were acceptable. ;)post #875 of 63568/22/11 at 1:20pmpost #876 of 63568/22/11 at 1:33pmpost #877 of 63568/22/11 at 1:45pmpost #878 of 63568/22/11 at 1:52pmpost #879 of 63568/22/11 at 1:55pmpost #880 of 63568/22/11 at 3:10pm
I thought the post was perfectly coherent. He has way too much stuff than he needs, but still gets new stuff.
...when you manage to type out an entire essay replacing the word "beans" with "beats." Thank goodness I proofread it.post #881 of 63568/22/11 at 7:42pmpost #882 of 63568/22/11 at 9:45pmpost #883 of 63568/24/11 at 4:59pmpost #884 of 63568/24/11 at 7:23pmpost #885 of 63568/24/11 at 8:32pm
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Q701 impressions thread 8 seconds ago
- › Treble Heavy & Fast IEMs 50 seconds ago
- › please, help me pick a pair of headphones! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › 7th Gen (2009) iPod Classic 160 SQ 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)