Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 412  

post #6166 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

It's like a professional violinist spending... how much would you guys consider ridiculous? Some people spend millions for the best like how we spend thousands for the best :p

My friend, at least it's better than beats!

 

Yep. I'd definitely rather have to buy audiophile headphone gear than best-of-breed violins. Strads and Guarneris aren't cheap. You could get a lot of $$$$ headphones, a few nice cars, and even a house for what you'd pay for one of those instruments.

post #6167 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

Yep. I'd definitely rather have to buy audiophile headphone gear than best-of-breed violins. Strads and Guarneris aren't cheap. You could get a lot of $$$$ headphones, a few nice cars, and even a house for what you'd pay for one of those instruments.

:) indeed. I'm happy with my $5k violin. 

post #6168 of 6356

Talking about luthiers makes me think of Amati, and talking about Amati makes me think about the lead from Gunslinger Girls.

 

You know you're an anime lover when every single conversation leads to a show reference in one way or another.

 

Wait wrong thread? :P

post #6169 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Talking about luthiers makes me think of Amati, and talking about Amati makes me think about the lead from Gunslinger Girls.

 

You know you're an anime lover when every single conversation leads to a show reference in one way or another.

 

Wait wrong thread? :P

LOL. Nah, it's ok... I was just in the You Know When You're an Audiophile When... thread, and Agryis was talking about it :p

post #6170 of 6356

wait. I thought this was the anime thread. My bad...

post #6171 of 6356

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

:) indeed. I'm happy with my $5k violin. 

 

 

And I'm happy with my $150 VST version of a $200,000 piano.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

wait. I thought this was the anime thread. My bad...

 

Hold up...this is Head-Fi? I thought I was on Tom's Hardware. Schiit.


Edited by Argyris - 1/27/13 at 9:38pm
post #6172 of 6356
Quote:

Originally Posted by Argyris View Post
 

And I'm happy with my $150 VST version of a $200,000 piano.

 

Hold up...this is Head-Fi? I thought I was on Tom's Hardware. Schiit.

LOL

post #6173 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

My old school had decent speakers in the important areas. Mostly JBLs. Cheapo Skytec rubbish in the classrooms though. There was some sweet vintage stuff in the music dept though. Pair of Rogers BBC monitors, etc.

JBL..... meh

I don't like 'em too much. I prefer RCF and EV 

post #6174 of 6356
Sitting on a bus.
post #6175 of 6356
oh wait? this is Head-Fi..
I thought this was facebook.
post #6176 of 6356

you know youre an audiophile when...you keep hoping that bd-a comes to replace dvd-a...

 

Addon...

YKYAAW...after hearing the original hocus pocus by focus, followed by the cover by helloween (meanwhile coming from a basshead background) the idea of Dream Theater covering it with Mike Mangini makes you twinge like no other


Edited by Networkgamer - 1/28/13 at 12:48am
post #6177 of 6356

You know you're an audiophile when you make elaborate hand gestures to describe your headphone's presentation

post #6178 of 6356

when you spend several day's worth of lunch money on grado Gbowl earpads rather than lunch itself.

about fiio i feel that their E6 is imo useless unless all you get is volume and an eq change. (but hey its kinda cheap so i can excuse that)

post #6179 of 6356

when you rather spend a few day's worth of lunch money on grado Gbowl earpads than lunch itself

post #6180 of 6356

When you go splurge on expensive restaurants all the time to reduce funding for head-fi

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...