Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 393  

post #5881 of 6356

YKYAA when your friends come up to you at school with their crap skull candies and $20 IEMs and ask you "Are these good?" hahahaha 

EDIT: who ever recommended Angel by massive attack for testing bass/ sub bass... Thank you! I just downloaded their discography in FLAC and it is pretty damn good, kind of reminds me of RJD2 with how much emotion goes into everything although I think I would enjoy it more with out most of the vocals... The cool factor in Angel's music video is too damn high.


Edited by linglingjr - 1/15/13 at 8:51pm
post #5882 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Soong View Post

You know you are an audiophile (and doomed) when you have the constant craving of upgrading your pair of ATH-M50s despite just owning it for a month XD.

May the gods have mercy on your wallet, we all have that urge sadly.... It's a disease.
post #5883 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Soong View Post

You know you are an audiophile when you completely abandon your cheap pair of earphone for an expensive pair of headphone.

You know you are an audiophile when you spend days cleaning up your digital music collection, thrashing away all the 64/128kbps songs with rubbish SQ you used to listen to and replace them with 320kbps/FLAC format.

 

You know you are an audiophile (and doomed) when you have the constant craving of upgrading your pair of ATH-M50s despite just owning it for a month XD.

 

You nearly described my situation perfectly. eek.gif

While I haven't deleted my 128-192 kbps MP3s yet, I always double check when I buy new songs now to ensure I'm getting the highest possible quality for it.

 

I haven't looked back since I made my first serious upgrade to the ATH-M50s over the holiday sales, but now I'm pretty sure I've caught upgraditis. Right now I can only dream about all of these Sennheisers, V-MODAs, the Sony MDR-1R, and other fancy headphones that all cost way more than my M50s. But since I'm still stuck on my PC's onboard audio, maybe I should get an amp/DAC first...

post #5884 of 6356

I'm really keen to try on a pair of Sennheiser HD 650/800, and Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 just to know how good they are!

 

I got my 1st portable amp: PA2V2 which received raved reviews on Head-fi but I don't think it does much in enhancing the SQ when paired with my M50s (I listen to music from my laptop HP Pavilion g4). Besides, M50s has low impedance, thus to power it with an amp seems a little unnecessary. Maybe you should consider a DAC instead of an amp. Just my inexperienced two cents =)

post #5885 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJazzyH View Post

 

You nearly described my situation perfectly. eek.gif

While I haven't deleted my 128-192 kbps MP3s yet, I always double check when I buy new songs now to ensure I'm getting the highest possible quality for it.

 

I haven't looked back since I made my first serious upgrade to the ATH-M50s over the holiday sales, but now I'm pretty sure I've caught upgraditis. Right now I can only dream about all of these Sennheisers, V-MODAs, the Sony MDR-1R, and other fancy headphones that all cost way more than my M50s. But since I'm still stuck on my PC's onboard audio, maybe I should get an amp/DAC first...

 

 

I am really keen to try on a pair of Sennheiser HD 650/800, and Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 just to know how good they are!

 

I got my 1st portable amp: PA2V2 which received raved reviews on Head-fi but I don't think it does much in enhancing the SQ when paired with my M50s (I listen to music from my laptop HP Pavilion g4). Besides, M50s has low impedance, thus to power it with an amp seems a little unnecessary. Maybe you should consider a DAC instead of an amp. Just my inexperienced two cents =)

post #5886 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobmachine View Post


May the gods have mercy on your wallet, we all have that urge sadly.... It's a disease.

Just got myself a full portable rig costing me well over $700.

 

I now want the HE-500 because i feel my dt990 and k702 are not enough.

 

SAVE ME

post #5887 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono454 View Post

Just got myself a full portable rig costing me well over $700.

I now want the HE-500 because i feel my dt990 and k702 are not enough.

SAVE ME

I just spent $1k on a pair of Heir 8.A, another $500+ on HD 650s plus amp and a Modi. And I still want to try and get another tube amp to complement my solid state amp.

IM GONE, CAN'T SAVE YOU!
post #5888 of 6356

Funny. I hadn't bought anything headphone-related for two years up until about a month ago, and I ended up returning that and spending the money on an assortment of other stuff that, if anything, went toward music listening rather than system building. So maybe I have a natural immunity to Head-Fi-itis. confused.gif

 

I'd still like to find a long-term set of IEMs, though, so technically the search continues. Just at a glacially slow pace, apparently, and without any impulse buying along the way.

 

You know you're an audiophile when you look at everything above and say, "There's no way you can be telling the truth about that. I'm calling BS!"

post #5889 of 6356

who ever recommended Angel by massive attack for testing bass/ sub bass... Thank you! I just downloaded their discography in FLAC and it is pretty damn good, kind of reminds me of RJD2 with how much emotion goes into everything although I think I would enjoy it more with out most of the vocals... The cool factor in Angel's music video is too damn high.

 

Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

"Angel" by Massive Attack has extremely low bass effects, which is great for testing "how low can they go"? in frequency response, and if the headphones can deliver the bass lines undistorted.

 

Hahaha, you're welcome! I'm glad that you like them so miuch! biggrin.gif

post #5890 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Soong View Post

You know you are an audiophile when you completely abandon your cheap pair of earphone for an exensive pair of headphone.

You know you are an audiophile when you spend days cleaning up your digital music collection, thrashing away all the 64/128kbps songs with rubbish SQ you used to listen to and replace them with 320kbps/FLAC format.

 

You know you are an audiophile (and doomed) when you have the constant craving of upgrading your pair of ATH-M50s despite just owning it for a month XD.

I am in the exact same position for everything you just said.

post #5891 of 6356

had a HD202 (rm169) for just a year.... already bought a HD558....
had a HD558 (rm800) for less than a year.... already wants a HD650 (rm1850)....
had  MS1i (rm420) for less than half a year..... already wants a MS2i (rm1200).....
has a Hippo box amp (rm300) for half a hear.... already wants a Govibe vest amp/dac (rm1400).....
oh headfi save me, i surrender my wallet to you.


Edited by streetdragon - 1/16/13 at 10:08am
post #5892 of 6356
When your deployed on a Aircraft Carrier heading to the Gulf and your main items you packed in your seabag is your DT1350's, iPod and HP-P1.
post #5893 of 6356
When your deployed on a Aircraft Carrier heading to the Gulf and your main items you packed in your seabag is your DT1350's, iPod and HP-P1.
post #5894 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

had a HD202 (rm169) for just a year.... already bought a HD558....
had a HD558 (rm800) for less than a year.... already wants a HD650 (rm1850)....
had  MS1i (rm420) for less than half a year..... already wants a MS2i (rm1200).....
has a Hippo box amp (rm300) for half a hear.... already wants a Govibe vest amp/dac (rm1400).....
oh headfi save me, i surrender my wallet to you.

A700X, A900X, CAL, KNS8400, DJ100, SE215, SE425, XBA-3, MH1c, D5000, Xonar DX, D2X, V-Can II, Asqard and UD-H01. Inside one year. It's an addiction.

post #5895 of 6356

When you lose track of the number of headphones you have.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...