Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 388  

post #5806 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Well plenty of people listen to foreign music without knowing the language/culture. I listen to a lot of Chinese pop, both Mandarin and Cantonese, and I can't understand 95% of what they're saying, yet I still find it enjoyable to listen to.

 

 

As for modern pop music, yeah I guess from that standpoint Gangnam Style is a decent choice. Pop isn't my forte, but Gangnam Style seems like a good choice given other popular music nowadays.... triportsad.gif

this, I listen to a lot of japanese rock without the need to understand the lyrics, I guess so I can focus on the feeling of the music more

 

BTW, for everybody to know, PSY's label is pretty well known to bring american pop music styles and cycle it through korea as if its theirs, the beat of Gangnam style is no different to modern american pop

post #5807 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

I am 13...

that explains a lot

post #5808 of 6356
I can understand not liking people listening to it to listen to it but the music video is funny.... You can't deny that...
post #5809 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post

that explains a lot

What is that supposed to mean?
post #5810 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewkie View Post




What is that supposed to mean?

teens tend to be dead set on their opinions and views, after hearing something they really like, they don't wanna explore other things that are too unfamiliar or percieved as uncool by the majority of peers, I doubt as a 13 year old, he could have been exposed to a variety of genres and cultures to figure out what really sounds good for his ears

 

maybe I am wrong about this for him but this is the case for almost all communities of genres I am into when seeing younger fans

post #5811 of 6356
Ok then.
post #5812 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewkie View Post




What is that supposed to mean?

teens tend to be dead set on their opinions and views, after hearing something they really like, they don't wanna explore other things that are too unfamiliar or percieved as uncool by the majority of peers, I doubt as a 13 year old, he could have been exposed to a variety of genres and cultures to figure out what really sounds good for his ears

 

maybe I am wrong about this for him but this is the case for almost all communities of genres I am into when seeing younger fans

.


Edited by wolfetan44 - 1/13/13 at 11:06pm
post #5813 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Well plenty of people listen to foreign music without knowing the language/culture. I listen to a lot of Chinese pop, both Mandarin and Cantonese, and I can't understand 95% of what they're saying, yet I still find it enjoyable to listen to.

 

 

As for modern pop music, yeah I guess from that standpoint Gangnam Style is a decent choice. Pop isn't my forte, but Gangnam Style seems like a good choice given other popular music nowadays.... triportsad.gif

this, I listen to a lot of japanese rock without the need to understand the lyrics, I guess so I can focus on the feeling of the music more

 

BTW, for everybody to know, PSY's label is pretty well known to bring american pop music styles and cycle it through korea as if its theirs, the beat of Gangnam style is no different to modern american pop

Ah good 'ol J-rock. I have a few artists in my library as well (HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, Stereopony, Malice Mizer, GACKT, etc.).

 

I would really like to buy this band's albums, but I live in the USA and I have no idea where to look :(

post #5814 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

I don't like Psy, if you looked at my profile, you would've seen my music interests. My favorite bands are Radiohead, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, James Blake, The XX, and Sufjan Stevens. Thanks, but I have explored, and found what I liked. If I was as you say, would I be on these forums with a Beyer DT880 and a O2/ODAC? 

you just proved my generalization of teenagers lol

 

I like Versailles, Galneryus, Mejibray, De La Soul, Anthem, AREA51, A Tribe Called Quest, The Gazette, SCANDAL, LuLu, Lareine, EPMD....as I will already know, you wont know these artists, listing the artist you like doesn't mean anything to me, its like you need to give me a reason to acknowledge you for your musical taste, truth is there really is no reason to, if the artists you list is what you like then that's cool

post #5815 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

I don't like Psy, if you looked at my profile, you would've seen my music interests. My favorite bands are Radiohead, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, James Blake, The XX, and Sufjan Stevens. Thanks, but I have explored, and found what I liked. If I was as you say, would I be on these forums with a Beyer DT880 and a O2/ODAC? 

you just proved my generalization of teenagers lol

 

I like Versailles, Galneryus, Mejibray, De La Soul, Anthem, AREA51, A Tribe Called Quest, The Gazette, SCANDAL, LuLu, Lareine, EPMD....as I will already know, you wont know these artists, listing the artist you like doesn't mean anything to me, its like you need to give me a reason to acknowledge you for your musical taste, truth is there really is no reason to, if the artists you list is what you like then that's cool

Ah, gotcha.

post #5816 of 6356
Nothing is on this post don't question it and be on with your day sir.
Edited by Rewkie - 1/13/13 at 10:55pm
post #5817 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewkie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Ah, gotcha. Then why did you make the accusations in the first place?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh snap!

Whilst editing that, I was thinking, " What if somebody got to it before I edited it!" Sadly, somebody did. I reread the posts, realized that was never the topic, and changed it.

post #5818 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Whilst editing that, I was thinking, " What if somebody got to it before I edited it!" Sadly, somebody did. I reread the posts, realized that was never the topic, and changed it.

Re-read that you must be mistaken! wink.gif
Edited by Rewkie - 1/13/13 at 10:40pm
post #5819 of 6356
@kamijols

Fyi teenagers also don't like to be generalized.
post #5820 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewkie View Post

@kamijols

Fyi teenagers also don't like to be generalized.

I know they don't

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...