Why would a man buy the AKG when a man could buy the V-Moda instead?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 382post #5716 of 63561/9/13 at 4:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5717 of 63561/9/13 at 4:53pmpost #5718 of 63561/9/13 at 5:07pmpost #5719 of 63561/9/13 at 6:11pm
When you have a vivid dream about a nonexistent headphone in which you evaluate its sound.
I invented a Beyer DT327, which looked a little like a DT880 and a DT531 had a love child, and which had a bad pad that kept falling off. It sounded like a DT880 with less bass and treble extension and a little less zealous of a spike at ~5.8kHz, all with a smaller soundstage but equivalent imaging. I believe it was closed, since I remember walking around the shop and not being annoyed by external noise, and I didn't have the volume up too high.
Yes, I actually assigned a nonexistent headphone specific characteristics and imagined a whole shop that was selling it. It was kind of dry and a bit grainy but otherwise nice. Maybe Beyer should make such a headphone just to make me feel really awkward.post #5720 of 63561/9/13 at 6:48pmpost #5721 of 63561/9/13 at 6:52pmpost #5722 of 63561/9/13 at 11:12pmQuote:
Maybe because of the difference in sound? The K550's sound way different from any V-MODA product.
You know you're an audiophile when you bring a K 701 to school [and on a public bus] with an O2 in your pocket. Yeah the K 701 isn't portable at all. >.>
Edited by miceblue - 1/9/13 at 11:18pmpost #5723 of 63561/9/13 at 11:50pmpost #5724 of 63561/10/13 at 5:05ampost #5725 of 63561/10/13 at 5:59ampost #5726 of 63561/10/13 at 6:08ampost #5727 of 63561/10/13 at 7:00am
You know you're an audiophile when you take your Rockboxed sansa clip+ to school with your M50 and get comments on how big they are, everyone that listened to them said they're good and one person who owns the Beats Solo HD, after 30 seconds of Prodigy - Thunder, said they are better than his Beats.post #5728 of 63561/10/13 at 7:34ampost #5729 of 63561/10/13 at 10:14ampost #5730 of 63561/10/13 at 10:22amQuote:
If you're referring to Jeremy and his J Money pads, he might still have some. I bought a pair this morning.
Although I've heard he's leaving Canada on Monday and is trying to get rid of the rest before then.
If you still haven't found the link Wolfetan, here's his profile, send him a PM: http://www.head-fi.org/u/56216/fatman711
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for Help/Reviews with Buysonic.com 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 5 minutes ago
- › HD 598 or Momentum? 6 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)