Why would a man buy the AKG when a man could buy the V-Moda instead?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 382post #5716 of 63561/9/13 at 4:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5717 of 63561/9/13 at 4:53pmpost #5718 of 63561/9/13 at 5:07pmpost #5719 of 63561/9/13 at 6:11pm
When you have a vivid dream about a nonexistent headphone in which you evaluate its sound.
I invented a Beyer DT327, which looked a little like a DT880 and a DT531 had a love child, and which had a bad pad that kept falling off. It sounded like a DT880 with less bass and treble extension and a little less zealous of a spike at ~5.8kHz, all with a smaller soundstage but equivalent imaging. I believe it was closed, since I remember walking around the shop and not being annoyed by external noise, and I didn't have the volume up too high.
Yes, I actually assigned a nonexistent headphone specific characteristics and imagined a whole shop that was selling it. It was kind of dry and a bit grainy but otherwise nice. Maybe Beyer should make such a headphone just to make me feel really awkward.post #5720 of 63561/9/13 at 6:48pmpost #5721 of 63561/9/13 at 6:52pmpost #5722 of 63561/9/13 at 11:12pmQuote:
Maybe because of the difference in sound? The K550's sound way different from any V-MODA product.
You know you're an audiophile when you bring a K 701 to school [and on a public bus] with an O2 in your pocket. Yeah the K 701 isn't portable at all. >.>
Edited by miceblue - 1/9/13 at 11:18pmpost #5723 of 63561/9/13 at 11:50pmpost #5724 of 63561/10/13 at 5:05ampost #5725 of 63561/10/13 at 5:59ampost #5726 of 63561/10/13 at 6:08ampost #5727 of 63561/10/13 at 7:00am
You know you're an audiophile when you take your Rockboxed sansa clip+ to school with your M50 and get comments on how big they are, everyone that listened to them said they're good and one person who owns the Beats Solo HD, after 30 seconds of Prodigy - Thunder, said they are better than his Beats.post #5728 of 63561/10/13 at 7:34ampost #5729 of 63561/10/13 at 10:14ampost #5730 of 63561/10/13 at 10:22amQuote:
If you're referring to Jeremy and his J Money pads, he might still have some. I bought a pair this morning.
Although I've heard he's leaving Canada on Monday and is trying to get rid of the rest before then.
If you still haven't found the link Wolfetan, here's his profile, send him a PM: http://www.head-fi.org/u/56216/fatman711
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 11 seconds ago
- › Help! 21 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 35 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 1 minute ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Can't seem to find comfortable portable over ears... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)