Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 381post #5701 of 63561/8/13 at 7:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5702 of 63561/8/13 at 7:40pm
Last night I had a dream too similar to Fushigi Yuugi. Only not animated.
Why is this relevant? The book is titled "AKG 550" for whatever reason.
To think that I don't even own a real headphone yet. It must be a sign. I'm an audiophile in the making.post #5703 of 63561/8/13 at 7:40pmpost #5704 of 63561/8/13 at 9:15pmpost #5705 of 63561/8/13 at 9:29pmpost #5706 of 63561/8/13 at 11:37pm
When you're taking a course surveying America's pop music and smile when you read "The better the sound quality your computer (or other technology) can provide, the more meaningful the course's investigation of music will be for you" and "Week 1: Introduction to the Study of Popular Music - Issues and goals; the nature of critical listening".post #5707 of 63561/9/13 at 12:15amQuote:post #5708 of 63561/9/13 at 12:22amQuote:
Would very much have liked to see a head-fier get it. It was soooooo tempting. Probably the cheapest I have ever seen a SR-009 go for.
Getting back on-topic, you know you're an audiophile when you worry more about getting a way to fund your new speakers than your results in the national examination, to be announced tomorrow. Seriously, I am thinking of a way to get some KEF LS50s as a 16-year old kid without bothering my parents and getting them to pay for it. I foresee this current condition to change by tonight.post #5709 of 63561/9/13 at 1:22am
You know your an Audiophile when you realize that the local bar is using Winamp to play music and seriously try to work the word "Winamp" into a pickup line for the cute barmaid...
(couldn't find one)post #5710 of 63561/9/13 at 1:54ampost #5711 of 63561/9/13 at 6:07am
You know you're an audiophile when the majority of your thoughts involve chasing audio White Whales. My latest one downloading my vinyl to high rez audio preferably at or above 24/96. Man this gets expensive fast! 16/44 no problem, MP3's no sweat. Try getting above that and you need to turn you're house into a recording studio. I want to give it up but I can't.post #5712 of 63561/9/13 at 6:13am
I am sure this has been said but, when constantly explaining to co-workers why I paid $450.00 for some IEMs that don't look that much different than their $5.00 apple earbuds. Also questioning oneself when another respected audiophile negatively reviews your favorite IEM. And finally when you let a co-worker hear your $450.00 IEM and they look at you like...whaatever!!!post #5713 of 63561/9/13 at 6:34ampost #5714 of 63561/9/13 at 7:17amQuote:
Do it. Apparently great soundstage on them.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › high end iems not as "high end" as I thought? 12 seconds ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 35 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 43 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD439 review 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 4 minutes ago
- › Name our latest soon to be released product from ROCK JAW 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 6 minutes ago
- › HD800 + ? + ?: picking best DAC + amp for European based HD800... 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)