Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 375  

post #5611 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

I could have made it in DreamWeaver with a custom layout, etc. And coding. But I'm just too lazy. LOL

I never use those sorts of programs, probably because I don't own any of them. Straight coding FTW!

But we're waaaay off topic here (this isn't the TMAC thread, after all).

You know you're an audiophile when you compare the sound chips in different models in the Game Boy line.

When you care more about the Wolfson chip on the Vita than the games.
post #5612 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

For example, I'm 13 and I made this website for $600
www.comercialoceano.com
I'm gonna make another one for my uncle in law.
Welldone! Am impressed.. And ur 13? Maybe u have to study marketing or something..good webbuilders can earn heaps of money! biggrin.gif

Practice... I started making websites when I was 8.
post #5613 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post


Practice... I started making websites when I was 8.

 

Indeed. For those who are interested, doing it over and over again is really the only way to improve. I look at web design like a big box containing an infinite number of every Lego brick ever molded. You're probably not going to build a masterpiece the first time you try, even if you understand basically how the pieces fit together. Every project I do is better than the last one, and every time I learn something new.

 

You know you're an audiophile when poor audio production quality and mixing interfere with your ability to lampoon old Godzilla movies with your friends (forget MST3K, we do it on our own).

post #5614 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post


Practice... I started making websites when I was 8.

 

Indeed. For those who are interested, doing it over and over again is really the only way to improve. I look at web design like a big box containing an infinite number of every Lego brick ever molded. You're probably not going to build a masterpiece the first time you try, even if you understand basically how the pieces fit together. Every project I do is better than the last one, and every time I learn something new.

 

You know you're an audiophile when poor audio production quality and mixing interfere with your ability to lampoon old Godzilla movies with your friends (forget MST3K, we do it on our own).

Sounds like Counter Striketongue.gif

post #5615 of 6356

Very slow day for this thread.

post #5616 of 6356

You  know you're an audiophile when Journey is playing SOMEWHERE in Sam's club and it's driving you mad because all you want to do is find the source, examine the source, then, finding it inadequate, return to your own rig for comfort...but nooooo, you actually have to go "grocery shopping"

post #5617 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecansmancan View Post

You  know you're an audiophile when Journey is playing SOMEWHERE in Sam's club and it's driving you mad because all you want to do is find the source, examine the source, then, finding it inadequate, return to your own rig for comfort...but nooooo, you actually have to go "grocery shopping"

 

You know you are an audiophile when you hear journey playing somewhere in a store and it is driving you mad because all you want to do is take a sledge hammer and shut the thing up and return to your setup and listen to led zeppelin to wash away the harm that has been done to your ears : P

post #5618 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpage View Post


 


 

Now I go to the cinema and think my headphones can reproduce midrange and highs better. Soundstage is not as good and the bass is not as ground-shaking, but to my surprise my headphones are not so far behind. The only reason why I go is because they have a bigger screen and higher resolution.

 

 



Doesn't matter how good the system is, a concert will always have a lot of noise generated by the audience, which is no better than 128 kbps mp3 IMO. The volume level is also unadjustably deafening.

Not when you are the sound guy :)

Even then, Sometimes I wear my ETY earplugs when people get annoyed when I turn it down a bit. Last major show I did sound for got up to 106 and that went for several hours (took that measurement at the very back of the audience area)

Sorry for the old post reply


Edited by SoundPon3 - 1/5/13 at 11:15pm
post #5619 of 6356

You know when your an audiophile when you ask artists for FLAC or similar lossless on youtube when the download link is in 320kbs

post #5620 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar3 View Post

Correction: Buying a $300 cable either makes you an audiophile or a complete idiot.

Or a sound engineer.

My speaker cables cost more than that and then there is multicore cable... 

almost $600 for the cable alone and that wasn't even the most expensive I could get

post #5621 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjj226 Angel View Post

 

You know you are an audiophile when you hear journey playing somewhere in a store and it is driving you mad because all you want to do is take a sledge hammer and shut the thing up and return to your setup and listen to led zeppelin to wash away the harm that has been done to your ears : P

Wow... Journey is harm to you? Tsk tsk...

post #5622 of 6356

...when you use audiophile fuses in your car. (my dad - purely a coincidence though - but it seems like those good fuses people put on Maggies) It was on the wires from the battery.

 

As for myself, I spend more time obsessively cataloging the dynamic range of my music library, before fretting over the lack of dynamic range, than I actually listen to said music. I don't even know why I am doing this. Especially for the J-pop/Anisong/OST playlist, where dynamic range lies in the range of 5-9. There were a few outliers though, for both ways - some of which highly surprising.

post #5623 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonant View Post

...when you use audiophile fuses in your car. (my dad - purely a coincidence though - but it seems like those good fuses people put on Maggies) It was on the wires from the battery.

 

As for myself, I spend more time obsessively cataloging the dynamic range of my music library, before fretting over the lack of dynamic range, than I actually listen to said music. I don't even know why I am doing this. Especially for the J-pop/Anisong/OST playlist, where dynamic range lies in the range of 5-9. There were a few outliers though, for both ways - some of which highly surprising.

Better the connection and ground, the higher the volts and the cleaner the power. Cleaner power+more volts=louder and cleaner sound. Car audio is astronomically expensive if you want to go nuts. 

post #5624 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post


When you care more about the Wolfson chip on the Vita than the games.

oh?

 

I knew there was something good in that thing

post #5625 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundPon3 View Post

You know when your an audiophile when you ask artists for FLAC or similar lossless on youtube when the download link is in 320kbs

 

I actually did that during a gig. I was front stage at a Newton Faulkner concert and asked him to release his new EP in Flac. He said he'd talk to his agent about it. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...