Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 348  

post #5206 of 6356

When you can tell if a headphone is neutral or colored just by listening to pink noise through it.

post #5207 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

When you can tell if a headphone is neutral or colored just by listening to pink noise through it.

Good one.

"there's too much bass in this pink noise!"
post #5208 of 6356

I find pink noise to be 'open and extended'

post #5209 of 6356

I just got  a haircut so my Grados would seal better, doh

post #5210 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post

I just got  a haircut so my Grados would seal better, doh

i push my sideburn away with the earcup so it doesn't interfere with the sound (there is a noticable difference)

post #5211 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post

I just got  a haircut so my Grados would seal better, doh

This haircut sounds anemic and congested.

post #5212 of 6356

I don't know if this had been done or not, but...

 

you know you're an audiophile when Bowers & Wilkins is the first thing you think of when B & W is mentioned (which can stand for a lot of things).

post #5213 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJazzyH View Post

I don't know if this had been done or not, but...

 

you know you're an audiophile when Bowers & Wilkins is the first thing you think of when B & W is mentioned (which can stand for a lot of things).

Whenever I hear BMW, I automatically think of B&W. D:

post #5214 of 6356

When you're jamming to your music while backstocking the soda coolers at work, and a customer opens the door and asks "what the hell are you doing"

 

Surprisingly, it wasn't as embarrassing as it sounds.

post #5215 of 6356

When you start the headphone trend at your school...now if i can just get them to believe in sq....

post #5216 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecansmancan View Post

When you start the headphone trend at your school...now if i can just get them to believe in sq....

same here too, i started to poison my classmate, they are starting to believe that what they are hearing all this years are a waste of time.

post #5217 of 6356

When you throw together a mix CD as a Christmas gift for your Dad, but then realize you've made a terrible mistake because the speakers in his truck can't render the songs properly.

post #5218 of 6356

You know you're an audiophile when, after you've done the above, you get hold of your rich sound engineer buddy's expensive room calibration equipment, measure the cab of the truck to produce a proper compensation curve, load each song in a DAW and apply said compensation curve, and then burn the lot onto disc.

 

Or you know you might be absolutely crazy. The two aren't mutually exclusive, either.

post #5219 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Lee View Post

same here too, i started to poison my classmate, they are starting to believe that what they are hearing all this years are a waste of time.

Lucky you. I can't convince these ****heads out of anything except their beloved Beats and iBuds..

post #5220 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Lee View Post

same here too, i started to poison my classmate, they are starting to believe that what they are hearing all this years are a waste of time.

 

I've been doing that with officemates and former schoolmates. They hate me now. So I gave them some "starter kits"

 

(By starter kit: Fiio E17, iPod LOD, and W4R for one, and TG334 for the one who kicked me off on this damned hobby! (I love this hobby!))

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...