When you can tell if a headphone is neutral or colored just by listening to pink noise through it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 348post #5206 of 635612/22/12 at 10:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5207 of 635612/22/12 at 10:42ampost #5208 of 635612/22/12 at 11:41ampost #5209 of 635612/22/12 at 8:32pmpost #5210 of 635612/22/12 at 9:38pmpost #5211 of 635612/23/12 at 5:27ampost #5212 of 635612/23/12 at 1:20pm
I don't know if this had been done or not, but...
you know you're an audiophile when Bowers & Wilkins is the first thing you think of when B & W is mentioned (which can stand for a lot of things).post #5213 of 635612/23/12 at 1:39pmpost #5214 of 635612/23/12 at 9:13pm
When you're jamming to your music while backstocking the soda coolers at work, and a customer opens the door and asks "what the hell are you doing"
Surprisingly, it wasn't as embarrassing as it sounds.post #5215 of 635612/23/12 at 9:28pmpost #5216 of 635612/23/12 at 9:39pmpost #5217 of 635612/23/12 at 11:40pm
When you throw together a mix CD as a Christmas gift for your Dad, but then realize you've made a terrible mistake because the speakers in his truck can't render the songs properly.post #5218 of 635612/23/12 at 11:47pm
You know you're an audiophile when, after you've done the above, you get hold of your rich sound engineer buddy's expensive room calibration equipment, measure the cab of the truck to produce a proper compensation curve, load each song in a DAW and apply said compensation curve, and then burn the lot onto disc.
Or you know you might be absolutely crazy. The two aren't mutually exclusive, either.post #5219 of 635612/24/12 at 5:21ampost #5220 of 635612/24/12 at 6:56amQuote:
I've been doing that with officemates and former schoolmates. They hate me now. So I gave them some "starter kits"
(By starter kit: Fiio E17, iPod LOD, and W4R for one, and TG334 for the one who kicked me off on this damned hobby! (I love this hobby!))
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler 9 seconds ago
- › Cartoon Discussion Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Aluminum Sleeves for Grados/Magnums 51 seconds ago
- › Momentum on-ear wireless (m2 oebt) 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones with a grainy sound and character? 9 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 10 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 11 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...