When you can tell if a headphone is neutral or colored just by listening to pink noise through it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 348post #5206 of 635612/22/12 at 10:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5207 of 635612/22/12 at 10:42ampost #5208 of 635612/22/12 at 11:41ampost #5209 of 635612/22/12 at 8:32pmpost #5210 of 635612/22/12 at 9:38pmpost #5211 of 635612/23/12 at 5:27ampost #5212 of 635612/23/12 at 1:20pm
I don't know if this had been done or not, but...
you know you're an audiophile when Bowers & Wilkins is the first thing you think of when B & W is mentioned (which can stand for a lot of things).post #5213 of 635612/23/12 at 1:39pmpost #5214 of 635612/23/12 at 9:13pm
When you're jamming to your music while backstocking the soda coolers at work, and a customer opens the door and asks "what the hell are you doing"
Surprisingly, it wasn't as embarrassing as it sounds.post #5215 of 635612/23/12 at 9:28pmpost #5216 of 635612/23/12 at 9:39pmpost #5217 of 635612/23/12 at 11:40pm
When you throw together a mix CD as a Christmas gift for your Dad, but then realize you've made a terrible mistake because the speakers in his truck can't render the songs properly.post #5218 of 635612/23/12 at 11:47pm
You know you're an audiophile when, after you've done the above, you get hold of your rich sound engineer buddy's expensive room calibration equipment, measure the cab of the truck to produce a proper compensation curve, load each song in a DAW and apply said compensation curve, and then burn the lot onto disc.
Or you know you might be absolutely crazy. The two aren't mutually exclusive, either.post #5219 of 635612/24/12 at 5:21ampost #5220 of 635612/24/12 at 6:56amQuote:
I've been doing that with officemates and former schoolmates. They hate me now. So I gave them some "starter kits"
(By starter kit: Fiio E17, iPod LOD, and W4R for one, and TG334 for the one who kicked me off on this damned hobby! (I love this hobby!))
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 4 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › AKG K501 pads 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! 7 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds - Earphones - InEars --- LETS DISCUSS 8 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 9 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2