When you can tell if a headphone is neutral or colored just by listening to pink noise through it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 348post #5206 of 635612/22/12 at 10:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5207 of 635612/22/12 at 10:42ampost #5208 of 635612/22/12 at 11:41ampost #5209 of 635612/22/12 at 8:32pmpost #5210 of 635612/22/12 at 9:38pmpost #5211 of 635612/23/12 at 5:27ampost #5212 of 635612/23/12 at 1:20pm
I don't know if this had been done or not, but...
you know you're an audiophile when Bowers & Wilkins is the first thing you think of when B & W is mentioned (which can stand for a lot of things).post #5213 of 635612/23/12 at 1:39pmpost #5214 of 635612/23/12 at 9:13pm
When you're jamming to your music while backstocking the soda coolers at work, and a customer opens the door and asks "what the hell are you doing"
Surprisingly, it wasn't as embarrassing as it sounds.post #5215 of 635612/23/12 at 9:28pmpost #5216 of 635612/23/12 at 9:39pmpost #5217 of 635612/23/12 at 11:40pm
When you throw together a mix CD as a Christmas gift for your Dad, but then realize you've made a terrible mistake because the speakers in his truck can't render the songs properly.post #5218 of 635612/23/12 at 11:47pm
You know you're an audiophile when, after you've done the above, you get hold of your rich sound engineer buddy's expensive room calibration equipment, measure the cab of the truck to produce a proper compensation curve, load each song in a DAW and apply said compensation curve, and then burn the lot onto disc.
Or you know you might be absolutely crazy. The two aren't mutually exclusive, either.post #5219 of 635612/24/12 at 5:21ampost #5220 of 635612/24/12 at 6:56amQuote:
I've been doing that with officemates and former schoolmates. They hate me now. So I gave them some "starter kits"
(By starter kit: Fiio E17, iPod LOD, and W4R for one, and TG334 for the one who kicked me off on this damned hobby! (I love this hobby!))
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 19 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 31 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-1000! Trade Details Inside. 34 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 54 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Sport Headphones Sweepstakes!! 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2