Or when the headphones get powered more often by the amp than the speakers do.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The Zen 2...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 338
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5057 of 635612/15/12 at 7:12pmpost #5058 of 635612/15/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
I like the music from LoZ Twilight Princess, even though one of the common complaints about the game was that its soundtrack wasn't orchestrated the way Super Mario Galaxy's was a year later. The main Hyrule Field theme in particular has some awesome deep bass, and it's just overall well composed.post #5059 of 635612/15/12 at 9:10pmpost #5060 of 635612/16/12 at 10:00ampost #5061 of 635612/16/12 at 10:11ampost #5062 of 635612/16/12 at 10:15ampost #5063 of 635612/16/12 at 10:21ampost #5064 of 635612/16/12 at 10:24ampost #5065 of 635612/16/12 at 11:02ampost #5066 of 635612/16/12 at 12:24pmpost #5067 of 635612/16/12 at 1:02pm
It's people like this that makes me lose faith in the society we live in. T_T
You know you're an audiophile when you buy ~$100 audio gear for everyone in your family for Christmas (3 people total), and one for yourself (a grand total of ~$600). Guuuuh my wallet...
Edited by miceblue - 12/16/12 at 1:03pmpost #5068 of 635612/16/12 at 3:02pmQuote:be warned that some amps have truly awful headphone stages. i mean there are 70s amps that drove headphones through the main amp, but put resistors in series, but now many modern amps have a separate and not very good headphone stage of their own
Edited by BBBS - 12/16/12 at 3:03pmpost #5069 of 635612/16/12 at 3:13pmpost #5070 of 635612/16/12 at 3:17pmQuote:
Actually it's been demonstrated here more than once that most stereo amps and receivers drive their headphone jacks off the main amp, so there's nothing to fear. This is up to recent times, and probably includes a goodly proportion of HT amps, since it's cheaper to do this than provide a separate HP amp. You're pretty safe if you stick to good brands like Rotel, Nad, Marantz etc.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 12 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 44 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Note DAC 4 3 minutes ago
- › Highly detailed high treble brightest soudning headphones 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: Hifiman HM901S 6 minutes ago
- › My HD 558 pair sounds underwhelming connected to the PC, but... 6 minutes ago
- › Loading files from pc to portable audio players. 6 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › JDS Labs ULTRA SHORT 3.5MM INTERCONNECT CABLE by audiophilefan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...