Or when the headphones get powered more often by the amp than the speakers do.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 338
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5057 of 635612/15/12 at 7:12pmpost #5058 of 635612/15/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
I like the music from LoZ Twilight Princess, even though one of the common complaints about the game was that its soundtrack wasn't orchestrated the way Super Mario Galaxy's was a year later. The main Hyrule Field theme in particular has some awesome deep bass, and it's just overall well composed.post #5059 of 635612/15/12 at 9:10pmpost #5060 of 635612/16/12 at 10:00ampost #5061 of 635612/16/12 at 10:11ampost #5062 of 635612/16/12 at 10:15ampost #5063 of 635612/16/12 at 10:21ampost #5064 of 635612/16/12 at 10:24ampost #5065 of 635612/16/12 at 11:02ampost #5066 of 635612/16/12 at 12:24pmpost #5067 of 635612/16/12 at 1:02pm
It's people like this that makes me lose faith in the society we live in. T_T
You know you're an audiophile when you buy ~$100 audio gear for everyone in your family for Christmas (3 people total), and one for yourself (a grand total of ~$600). Guuuuh my wallet...
Edited by miceblue - 12/16/12 at 1:03pmpost #5068 of 635612/16/12 at 3:02pmQuote:be warned that some amps have truly awful headphone stages. i mean there are 70s amps that drove headphones through the main amp, but put resistors in series, but now many modern amps have a separate and not very good headphone stage of their own
Edited by BBBS - 12/16/12 at 3:03pmpost #5069 of 635612/16/12 at 3:13pmpost #5070 of 635612/16/12 at 3:17pmQuote:
Actually it's been demonstrated here more than once that most stereo amps and receivers drive their headphone jacks off the main amp, so there's nothing to fear. This is up to recent times, and probably includes a goodly proportion of HT amps, since it's cheaper to do this than provide a separate HP amp. You're pretty safe if you stick to good brands like Rotel, Nad, Marantz etc.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › IEM FR vs Full size 18 seconds ago
- › New ear tips for Sony 7550s? 57 seconds ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 6 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 6 minutes ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 7 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)