Or when the headphones get powered more often by the amp than the speakers do.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Bravo V2 is an attractive and inexpensive "pseudo-tube/hybrid" amp that is easily accessible to beginner DIYers if modifications are desired (which they definitely are as I will expand on...
Introduction This is a review of the Sennheirser HD 202 headphone. At the time of the review, the cans were at eleven months of near-continuous use. Bear with me, as this is only my second...
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 338
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5057 of 635612/15/12 at 7:12pmpost #5058 of 635612/15/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
I like the music from LoZ Twilight Princess, even though one of the common complaints about the game was that its soundtrack wasn't orchestrated the way Super Mario Galaxy's was a year later. The main Hyrule Field theme in particular has some awesome deep bass, and it's just overall well composed.post #5059 of 635612/15/12 at 9:10pmpost #5060 of 635612/16/12 at 10:00ampost #5061 of 635612/16/12 at 10:11ampost #5062 of 635612/16/12 at 10:15ampost #5063 of 635612/16/12 at 10:21ampost #5064 of 635612/16/12 at 10:24ampost #5065 of 635612/16/12 at 11:02ampost #5066 of 635612/16/12 at 12:24pmpost #5067 of 635612/16/12 at 1:02pm
It's people like this that makes me lose faith in the society we live in. T_T
You know you're an audiophile when you buy ~$100 audio gear for everyone in your family for Christmas (3 people total), and one for yourself (a grand total of ~$600). Guuuuh my wallet...
Edited by miceblue - 12/16/12 at 1:03pmpost #5068 of 635612/16/12 at 3:02pmQuote:be warned that some amps have truly awful headphone stages. i mean there are 70s amps that drove headphones through the main amp, but put resistors in series, but now many modern amps have a separate and not very good headphone stage of their own
Edited by BBBS - 12/16/12 at 3:03pmpost #5069 of 635612/16/12 at 3:13pmpost #5070 of 635612/16/12 at 3:17pmQuote:
Actually it's been demonstrated here more than once that most stereo amps and receivers drive their headphone jacks off the main amp, so there's nothing to fear. This is up to recent times, and probably includes a goodly proportion of HT amps, since it's cheaper to do this than provide a separate HP amp. You're pretty safe if you stick to good brands like Rotel, Nad, Marantz etc.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 9 seconds ago
- › Balanced cable : what is it and why would i want it? 12 seconds ago
- › Wanted!: JVC HA-FX850 12 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 55 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › DiyMod 120 gig 2 minutes ago
- › Hello All from New Jersey 2 minutes ago
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by serman005
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3