Or when the headphones get powered more often by the amp than the speakers do.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Not an audiophile, but here are my most notable impressions of these in ears: They're V-Shaped Natural, warm, accurate, true to life are not the words I'd use to describe these headphones....
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 338
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5057 of 635612/15/12 at 7:12pmpost #5058 of 635612/15/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
I like the music from LoZ Twilight Princess, even though one of the common complaints about the game was that its soundtrack wasn't orchestrated the way Super Mario Galaxy's was a year later. The main Hyrule Field theme in particular has some awesome deep bass, and it's just overall well composed.post #5059 of 635612/15/12 at 9:10pmpost #5060 of 635612/16/12 at 10:00ampost #5061 of 635612/16/12 at 10:11ampost #5062 of 635612/16/12 at 10:15ampost #5063 of 635612/16/12 at 10:21ampost #5064 of 635612/16/12 at 10:24ampost #5065 of 635612/16/12 at 11:02ampost #5066 of 635612/16/12 at 12:24pmpost #5067 of 635612/16/12 at 1:02pm
It's people like this that makes me lose faith in the society we live in. T_T
You know you're an audiophile when you buy ~$100 audio gear for everyone in your family for Christmas (3 people total), and one for yourself (a grand total of ~$600). Guuuuh my wallet...
Edited by miceblue - 12/16/12 at 1:03pmpost #5068 of 635612/16/12 at 3:02pmQuote:be warned that some amps have truly awful headphone stages. i mean there are 70s amps that drove headphones through the main amp, but put resistors in series, but now many modern amps have a separate and not very good headphone stage of their own
Edited by BBBS - 12/16/12 at 3:03pmpost #5069 of 635612/16/12 at 3:13pmpost #5070 of 635612/16/12 at 3:17pmQuote:
Actually it's been demonstrated here more than once that most stereo amps and receivers drive their headphone jacks off the main amp, so there's nothing to fear. This is up to recent times, and probably includes a goodly proportion of HT amps, since it's cheaper to do this than provide a separate HP amp. You're pretty safe if you stick to good brands like Rotel, Nad, Marantz etc.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 24 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 35 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 48 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Vali 2 tube rolling 2 minutes ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › [Recommendation] Need a recommendation for a portable source gear 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 4 minutes ago
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by micropixel
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Gemtune Urbanfun Hifi Dual-driver In-ear Headphones,Hybrid Balanced... by loomisjohnson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...