You're using a speaker amp to drive your headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 337post #5041 of 635612/14/12 at 8:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5042 of 635612/14/12 at 8:41pmpost #5043 of 635612/14/12 at 8:50pmQuote:Sir you just earned yourself a thumb's up +1 rep on that one...
Finally some good humor (and no sold body parts involved).........post #5044 of 635612/14/12 at 9:19pmpost #5045 of 635612/14/12 at 9:45pmpost #5046 of 635612/14/12 at 11:08pmpost #5047 of 635612/14/12 at 11:26pmpost #5048 of 635612/14/12 at 11:31pmpost #5049 of 635612/15/12 at 5:12ampost #5050 of 635612/15/12 at 6:37ampost #5051 of 635612/15/12 at 7:31am
You know you're an audiophile when... Keep persist on modding a cheap ( < 60 $ cans ), hopefully it's value will rising into 200~300 $.
Edited by Jun Raito - 12/15/12 at 8:18ampost #5052 of 635612/15/12 at 10:25am
This is quite the opposite. Audiophilia is about the music, not about the sound quality. Yeah, I prefer FLAC over 192 kbps MP3, but if I only have a 192 kbps MP3 of a song I'll still listen to it.
Additionally, while I certainly prefer my headphones with an amp, not being able to use my amp won't make me stop listening. My LOD cable broke (yeah ino, shouldn't have gotten the cheap one) so I'm SOL when it comes to using my E7 with my iPhone.post #5053 of 635612/15/12 at 11:08ampost #5054 of 635612/15/12 at 1:06pmQuote:When you have Amperior, Etymotic HF2 and Senn CX300II in your bag so that you're covered for all listening situations from isolation to calls to just a few casual tunes on the way home.
When the headphone selection process takes longer than picking your shirt.
When you don't want to take the cheap HD229s out because girls will look down on you with equal scorn and pity, and dogs won't trust you.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 40 seconds ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Just got my Gemini DJ HSR-1000, but the coiled cable is too short... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker stands for the desktop? 4 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 4 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)