You're using a speaker amp to drive your headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 337post #5041 of 635612/14/12 at 8:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5042 of 635612/14/12 at 8:41pmpost #5043 of 635612/14/12 at 8:50pmQuote:Sir you just earned yourself a thumb's up +1 rep on that one...
Finally some good humor (and no sold body parts involved).........post #5044 of 635612/14/12 at 9:19pmpost #5045 of 635612/14/12 at 9:45pmpost #5046 of 635612/14/12 at 11:08pmpost #5047 of 635612/14/12 at 11:26pmpost #5048 of 635612/14/12 at 11:31pmpost #5049 of 635612/15/12 at 5:12ampost #5050 of 635612/15/12 at 6:37ampost #5051 of 635612/15/12 at 7:31am
You know you're an audiophile when... Keep persist on modding a cheap ( < 60 $ cans ), hopefully it's value will rising into 200~300 $.
Edited by Jun Raito - 12/15/12 at 8:18ampost #5052 of 635612/15/12 at 10:25am
This is quite the opposite. Audiophilia is about the music, not about the sound quality. Yeah, I prefer FLAC over 192 kbps MP3, but if I only have a 192 kbps MP3 of a song I'll still listen to it.
Additionally, while I certainly prefer my headphones with an amp, not being able to use my amp won't make me stop listening. My LOD cable broke (yeah ino, shouldn't have gotten the cheap one) so I'm SOL when it comes to using my E7 with my iPhone.post #5053 of 635612/15/12 at 11:08ampost #5054 of 635612/15/12 at 1:06pmQuote:When you have Amperior, Etymotic HF2 and Senn CX300II in your bag so that you're covered for all listening situations from isolation to calls to just a few casual tunes on the way home.
When the headphone selection process takes longer than picking your shirt.
When you don't want to take the cheap HD229s out because girls will look down on you with equal scorn and pity, and dogs won't trust you.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 8 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 14 seconds ago
- › What "house sound" annoys you the most? 53 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD700 (new! used twice!... shipping world-wide!) 3 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 5 minutes ago
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)