You're using a speaker amp to drive your headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i owned headphones/earphones...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 337post #5041 of 635612/14/12 at 8:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5042 of 635612/14/12 at 8:41pmpost #5043 of 635612/14/12 at 8:50pmQuote:Sir you just earned yourself a thumb's up +1 rep on that one...
Finally some good humor (and no sold body parts involved).........post #5044 of 635612/14/12 at 9:19pmpost #5045 of 635612/14/12 at 9:45pmpost #5046 of 635612/14/12 at 11:08pmpost #5047 of 635612/14/12 at 11:26pmpost #5048 of 635612/14/12 at 11:31pmpost #5049 of 635612/15/12 at 5:12ampost #5050 of 635612/15/12 at 6:37ampost #5051 of 635612/15/12 at 7:31am
You know you're an audiophile when... Keep persist on modding a cheap ( < 60 $ cans ), hopefully it's value will rising into 200~300 $.
Edited by Jun Raito - 12/15/12 at 8:18ampost #5052 of 635612/15/12 at 10:25am
This is quite the opposite. Audiophilia is about the music, not about the sound quality. Yeah, I prefer FLAC over 192 kbps MP3, but if I only have a 192 kbps MP3 of a song I'll still listen to it.
Additionally, while I certainly prefer my headphones with an amp, not being able to use my amp won't make me stop listening. My LOD cable broke (yeah ino, shouldn't have gotten the cheap one) so I'm SOL when it comes to using my E7 with my iPhone.post #5053 of 635612/15/12 at 11:08ampost #5054 of 635612/15/12 at 1:06pmQuote:When you have Amperior, Etymotic HF2 and Senn CX300II in your bag so that you're covered for all listening situations from isolation to calls to just a few casual tunes on the way home.
When the headphone selection process takes longer than picking your shirt.
When you don't want to take the cheap HD229s out because girls will look down on you with equal scorn and pity, and dogs won't trust you.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: DT880 250 ohm Reacabled 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › What is the special sauce behind the Chord Hugo? 7 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by MalVeauX
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)