Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 325  

post #4861 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post

As you've pointed out that particular website is for people with little knowledge about headphones which is why that website should have compared similar products, one was closed for use outdoors while the other is open and for use indoors with an amp. that's why it was an unfair comparison.

As for how the website is different to headfi, this place is a person's opinion whereas the other is a place which projects an authoritive review and giving a sense of knowledge on the subject matter.

Anybody coming to headfi thinking they will get all their answers without making up their own mind and/or trying out that particular gear well i'm sorry but i can't help them

I'm talking about this website, the very threads we have here on this forum, don't twist my word's around of what I'm actually saying using it in your argument. I don't care how different it is to Head-fi, you originally complained about saying it is unfair that a closed headphone shouldn't be compared to an open one and the closed one was favoured more, this happens a lot here on head-fi, in threads written by some contributors and I'm not going to name them, use the search function yourself and of course general users that post their a/b comparison's opinions etc.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


You are not reading the thread then. The whole point is the article is Beats VS. HD650. Not 650 vs 990
I am actually not "upset" about anything. I am just pointing that your logic bares no resemblance to reality. Even headfiers with a basic understanding of headphones don't review such phones up against each other.

If it was another closed headphone for example the ATH-M50's, M80's or M100's vs HD650 would you have responded in the same way?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post

Maybe we should get back on topic, after all, Currawong is always watching...
You know you're an audiophile when you complain about the PA system at work

Not directed at you but fanboy's need to be corrected of ill information and ridiculous posts sometimes and these people should not make posts from their own opinion that in a way they as if  speaking for the rest of us.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

Beats aren't rugged. Ignore those review sites.

 

Actually, ignore any good reviews of Beats period because any positive statements made about Beats are lies. 

 

Some may disagree with me about this, and say something like "herp derp they are good for rap and hip-hop" but in actuality, for half the price of a pair of beats, you can get a headphone that does those genres FAR better. Another one I've heard is that they're good for DJing. Once again, significantly cheaper options that will perform far better are available. Pioneer's line of DJ headphones are a good example.  

 

Bottom-line? NEVER support the rip-off artists who make ****ty celebrity-endorsed headphones like Beats. NEVER.

 

You know you're an audiophile when you type out at least one argument against Beats every day.

Keep riding that bandwagon because it's getting you nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briskly View Post

Fixed.

Well said. +1.

post #4862 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

I'm talking about this website, the very threads we have here on this forum, don't twist my word's around of what I'm actually saying using it in your argument. I don't care how different it is to Head-fi, you originally complained about saying it is unfair that a closed headphone shouldn't be compared to an open one and the closed one was favoured more, this happens a lot here on head-fi, in threads written by some contributors and I'm not going to name them, use the search function yourself and of course general users that post their a/b comparison's opinions etc.

 

If it was another closed headphone for example the ATH-M50's, M80's or M100's vs HD650 would you have responded in the same way?

 

Not directed at you but fanboy's need to be corrected of ill information and ridiculous posts sometimes and these people should not make posts from their own opinion that in a way they as if  speaking for the rest of us.

 

Keep riding that bandwagon because it's getting you nowhere.

Well said. +1.

Well, the general consensus here on head-fi is that beats sux...

 

The people who writes threads on this forum do, as far as i know, not make money on sharing their opinions, thats the difference!!! Whilst they don't, I don't care what their opinions are, and what they are comparing.

post #4863 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

I'm talking about this website, the very threads we have here on this forum, don't twist my word's around of what I'm actually saying using it in your argument. I don't care how different it is to Head-fi, you originally complained about saying it is unfair that a closed headphone shouldn't be compared to an open one and the closed one was favoured more, this happens a lot here on head-fi, in threads written by some contributors and I'm not going to name them, use the search function yourself and of course general users that post their a/b comparison's opinions etc.

Wait, you do realize that a contributor is the same as any other Head-Fi'er right? They just paid to support the site but when it was possible
post #4864 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post


Wait, you do realize that a contributor is the same as any other Head-Fi'er right? They just paid to support the site but when it was possible

Contributors are generally people who've been on these board's for a very long time and have provided a lot of reviews and information or contribution in some way of making this forum what it is now. I don't know about paying or not you will need to confirm with Jude on that one.

post #4865 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Well, the general consensus here on head-fi is that beats sux...

 

Yet it doesn't need to be posted and repeated in all the other 1x10^99999...threads.

post #4866 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Yet it doesn't need to be posted and repeated in all the other 1x10^99999...threads.

Wel, we won't risk any new members buying them tongue.gif

post #4867 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Yet it doesn't need to be posted and repeated in all the other 1x10^99999...threads.

Oh you bought a expensive pair of Beats and it's hard to think about it again and again, i understand frown.gif
Edited by The Frenchy - 12/6/12 at 3:59am
post #4868 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frenchy View Post


Oh you bought a expensive pair of Beats and it's hard to think about it again and again, i understand frown.gif

I don't own a Beats.

post #4869 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallade475 View Post

DT990 comparison

http://www.headphoneinfo.com/content/Monster-Beats-Pro-Over-ear-Review/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-PRO-comparison.htm

And the HD 650 comparison too

http://www.headphoneinfo.com/content/Monster-Beats-Pro-Over-ear-Review/Sennheiser-HD-650-Comparison.htm

I can't vouch for the 650's build, as it looks to me a bit plastastic, but I haven't used it so take it with a shaker-full of salt.
I have a feeling that some people put one side on and stretch the headphones over and around their head to some degree, instead of sliding them on. If there's any chance of them breaking, the former method will certainly not help.

Coming to that, I'm the clumsiest man on Planet Clumsy, yet I don't break stuff. I have worked with guys who can destroy the most mundane crap without realising it, tho.
post #4870 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


You are not reading the thread then. The whole point is the article is Beats VS. HD650. Not 650 vs 990
I am actually not "upset" about anything. I am just pointing that your logic bares no resemblance to reality. Even headfiers with a basic understanding of headphones don't review such phones up against each other.


You know your an audiophile when you realize that different headphones suit different music types <3

 

On that note you know your an audiophile when you break free of Sony's hold on you! [Going with Byer Dt 770 Pro 80, over Xb1000 after many months of mental debate...]

post #4871 of 6356
When you have a portable rig that looks like a bomb.
post #4872 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

If it was another closed headphone for example the ATH-M50's, M80's or M100's vs HD650 would you have responded in the same way?
Yes. Head fi has never published an article comparing them to an open back audiophile Hp either. Again an article published by website employees is entirely different to random joe making a post.
post #4873 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

When you have a portable rig that looks like a bomb.
do like. ofc a true audiophile would be prepared to have a bomb for a portable rig, so long as it sounded good
post #4874 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBS View Post

do like. ofc a true audiophile would be prepared to have a bomb for a portable rig, so long as it sounded good

Lawl, indeed. I have a pretty big Portalbe rig... it does fit inside the Byer Headphone Case though so :D I'm happy! [cans dap, and amp AND cords AND a little box that holds my SD cards!] 

post #4875 of 6356

...when you spend ~$85 on so-called "HD music". Why didn't I just buy the regular CD-quality albums.... T_T

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...