When you let the general manager of the only Grado distributor in the country listen to the Audez'e LCD-3 and laugh at his reaction to how awesome they sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 317post #4741 of 635611/30/12 at 4:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4742 of 635611/30/12 at 5:36amQuote:
That had to be quite a departure from the usual Grado sound signature for him. Bright and colored versus warmish neutral and uncolored.post #4743 of 635611/30/12 at 6:15ampost #4744 of 635611/30/12 at 6:23am
... You missed the point of that, OFC there's no differance,Quote:
Hence is why your "trick" your self to thinking there is :D, and in reality while technically there isn't a differance... the sheer joy of playing a 96/24 lossless song just brings me so much joy! An that extra "joy" makes the music more enjoyable... because I'm an AUDIOPHILE [get the joke xD]
Your know your an audiophile when you waste time explaining for failed Audiophile jokes to other Audiophiles <3post #4745 of 635611/30/12 at 9:19ampost #4746 of 635611/30/12 at 9:47ampost #4747 of 635611/30/12 at 10:07ampost #4748 of 635611/30/12 at 11:09amQuote:
Or pad swapping! XD
Thanks everyone! What's the model of these?post #4749 of 635611/30/12 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Brooko
Good on you for taking it, and thanks for posting a pretty good how-to.
Your 7/10 is actually a statistical fail. Next time try to do 15 iterations - the more you do, the better the results bear out. Ideally, to prove you weren't guessing, you need to get under 5% (pretty hard to do when you get 15 iterations - for most of us impossible at aac256 which is pretty much transparent).
Also - try it with the "hide results" box checked. Then its a true blind.
Yeah I would have done more than 10, but the video was getting kind of long, and as boring as it is I don't think very many people would care. I would have also checked the "hide your results" box, but the video was meant to demonstrate what the ABX test is.
also, blind tests are illegal to speak of here >.>Quote:
I don't buy into the whole "HD" music stuff either. It certainly sounds good, but how much better is it to your ears than 16/44.1?
^ so maybe you're a die-hard audiophile if you do believe in that stuff. XD
Edited by miceblue - 11/30/12 at 3:12pmpost #4750 of 635611/30/12 at 5:34pmpost #4751 of 635611/30/12 at 5:37pmpost #4752 of 635611/30/12 at 5:37pmpost #4753 of 635611/30/12 at 5:45pmpost #4754 of 635611/30/12 at 5:56pmpost #4755 of 635611/30/12 at 6:48pm
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 57 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 6 minutes ago
- › The best full-sized- sub 60$? 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 9 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)