When you let the general manager of the only Grado distributor in the country listen to the Audez'e LCD-3 and laugh at his reaction to how awesome they sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 317post #4741 of 635611/30/12 at 4:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4742 of 635611/30/12 at 5:36amQuote:
That had to be quite a departure from the usual Grado sound signature for him. Bright and colored versus warmish neutral and uncolored.post #4743 of 635611/30/12 at 6:15ampost #4744 of 635611/30/12 at 6:23am
... You missed the point of that, OFC there's no differance,Quote:
Hence is why your "trick" your self to thinking there is :D, and in reality while technically there isn't a differance... the sheer joy of playing a 96/24 lossless song just brings me so much joy! An that extra "joy" makes the music more enjoyable... because I'm an AUDIOPHILE [get the joke xD]
Your know your an audiophile when you waste time explaining for failed Audiophile jokes to other Audiophiles <3post #4745 of 635611/30/12 at 9:19ampost #4746 of 635611/30/12 at 9:47ampost #4747 of 635611/30/12 at 10:07ampost #4748 of 635611/30/12 at 11:09amQuote:
Or pad swapping! XD
Thanks everyone! What's the model of these?post #4749 of 635611/30/12 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Brooko
Good on you for taking it, and thanks for posting a pretty good how-to.
Your 7/10 is actually a statistical fail. Next time try to do 15 iterations - the more you do, the better the results bear out. Ideally, to prove you weren't guessing, you need to get under 5% (pretty hard to do when you get 15 iterations - for most of us impossible at aac256 which is pretty much transparent).
Also - try it with the "hide results" box checked. Then its a true blind.
Yeah I would have done more than 10, but the video was getting kind of long, and as boring as it is I don't think very many people would care. I would have also checked the "hide your results" box, but the video was meant to demonstrate what the ABX test is.
also, blind tests are illegal to speak of here >.>Quote:
I don't buy into the whole "HD" music stuff either. It certainly sounds good, but how much better is it to your ears than 16/44.1?
^ so maybe you're a die-hard audiophile if you do believe in that stuff. XD
Edited by miceblue - 11/30/12 at 3:12pmpost #4750 of 635611/30/12 at 5:34pmpost #4751 of 635611/30/12 at 5:37pmpost #4752 of 635611/30/12 at 5:37pmpost #4753 of 635611/30/12 at 5:45pmpost #4754 of 635611/30/12 at 5:56pmpost #4755 of 635611/30/12 at 6:48pm
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Denon ah-d600 review. 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › NAD VISO HP 50 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)