Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 295  

post #4411 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

or when you see the Mythbusters use SMS Street by 50cent headphones


1000
http://www.smsby50.com/collections/wired/products/street-wired-headphone-over-ear-blue

 

Boycotting mythbusters...

You know you are an audiophile when you start naming different versions of your PC documents: rev 1, rev 2.... etc o2smile.gif (I do this with my CV versions)

I hope someone understood that... 


Edited by mikiphile - 11/15/12 at 3:54am
post #4412 of 6356

You know you're an audiophile when your absolutely pumped to go to AudioHigh. And you contact them beforehand to see what high end headphones they got. They have the Sennheiser (HD800, HD700), Audeze (LCD2 & 3), BeyerDynamic (Tesla T1), Shure (SRH1840) and Denon (AH-D600 & AH-D7100) and a entry level Stax system(not sure which) available for audition and thats just the high-end onesbiggrin.gif. The last part was to make people jealousbiggrin.gif

post #4413 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


I guess you people don't use open back headphones while typing?

: ) lol I'm wearing my HD600s as I'm typing this on a mechanical keyboard right now...

post #4414 of 6356
Quote:
: ) lol I'm wearing my HD600s as I'm typing this on a mechanical keyboard right now...
What kind of keyboard is it? smily_headphones1.gif
post #4415 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post


What kind of keyboard is it? smily_headphones1.gif

razor black widow ultimate (said on last page)

post #4416 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

or when you see the Mythbusters use SMS Street by 50cent headphones


1000
 

But look how relaxed and happy they are, as the overpowering bass rattles their skulls.

post #4417 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMZB View Post

But look how relaxed and happy they are, as the overpowering bass rattles their skulls.

well actually they are testing if being relaxed and meditating can help you withstand the urge to urinate for longer, so yeah they are trying to be relaxed 

tory was actually saying at that time : "pizza....."

post #4418 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

You know you're an audiophile when your absolutely pumped to go to AudioHigh. And you contact them beforehand to see what high end headphones they got. They have the Sennheiser (HD800, HD700), Audeze (LCD2 & 3), BeyerDynamic (Tesla T1), Shure (SRH1840) and Denon (AH-D600 & AH-D7100) and a entry level Stax system(not sure which) available for audition and thats just the high-end onesbiggrin.gif. The last part was to make people jealousbiggrin.gif

OK I'm jealousfrown.gif

post #4419 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

You know you're an audiophile when your absolutely pumped to go to AudioHigh. And you contact them beforehand to see what high end headphones they got. They have the Sennheiser (HD800, HD700), Audeze (LCD2 & 3), BeyerDynamic (Tesla T1), Shure (SRH1840) and Denon (AH-D600 & AH-D7100) and a entry level Stax system(not sure which) available for audition and thats just the high-end onesbiggrin.gif. The last part was to make people jealousbiggrin.gif


I'd be interested in the T1 and the SRH1840. I've heard the new Denon line is "meh". What's an entry level Stax system? I've heard the SR-007 MKI before and was pretty impressed with it. Audeze headphones never really impressed me, probably because they're too dark for my preferences and their soundstage is quite limited.

 

 

...when you're watching Jeopardy and you can't answer a single question....until this pops up: A Pink Floyd song where students chant "Hey teacher, leave those kids alone". XD

post #4420 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


I'd be interested in the T1 and the SRH1840. I've heard the new Denon line is "meh". What's an entry level Stax system? I've heard the SR-007 MKI before and was pretty impressed with it. Audeze headphones never really impressed me, probably because they're too dark for my preferences and their soundstage is quite limited.

 

 

...when you're watching Jeopardy and you can't answer a single question....until this pops up: A Pink Floyd song where students chant "Hey teacher, leave those kids alone". XD

It's the SRS-2050 II system. I'm not sure what it is, but its STAX. Anyways, I'm interested in all of the headphones except for the Denons,

post #4421 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

OK I'm jealousfrown.gif

Yay!biggrin.gif

post #4422 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

You know you're an audiophile when your absolutely pumped to go to AudioHigh. And you contact them beforehand to see what high end headphones they got. They have the Sennheiser (HD800, HD700), Audeze (LCD2 & 3), BeyerDynamic (Tesla T1), Shure (SRH1840) and Denon (AH-D600 & AH-D7100) and a entry level Stax system(not sure which) available for audition and thats just the high-end onesbiggrin.gif. The last part was to make people jealousbiggrin.gif

OK I'm jealousfrown.gif

I'm less jealous and more ******* pissed. There is absolutely no need to rub it in everyone's face.

post #4423 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

OK I'm jealousfrown.gif

 

 

I doubt such a good audio store even exist in my country... Seriously

post #4424 of 6356

i suddenly feel very fortunate to be living where i am, although everything is 160% the cost of MSRP. since i get to walk 3km and test a lot of headphones (except a few like the HD800,LCD2/3 PS1000)

post #4425 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

i suddenly feel very fortunate to be living where i am, although everything is 160% the cost of MSRP. since i get to walk 3km and test a lot of headphones (except a few like the HD800,LCD2/3 PS1000)

+1

Same thing here, France is pretty much hopeless when it comes to proper headphone stores. But I've been living in Melbourne for the past few months, and it seems like this is the promised land of Aussie headphone enthusiasts: Got Jaben down the street and Addicted2Audio not far too :P

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...