Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 288  

post #4306 of 6356

when you adjust your buttcheeks right before a fart to try to change its sound signature.  From my experience, pulling the left cheek forward increases its sub bass quality, pulling the right cheek forward provides a bit of distortion on the low frequencies, and spreading both cheeks widens the soundstage greatly.

post #4307 of 6356

when you dont answer your phone at 2am unless your asking for headphone advice.

post #4308 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by vc1187 View Post

when you adjust your buttcheeks right before a fart to try to change its sound signature.  From my experience, pulling the left cheek forward increases its sub bass quality, pulling the right cheek forward provides a bit of distortion on the low frequencies, and spreading both cheeks widens the soundstage greatly.

Disturbing.

 

When you find this actually impressive.

post #4309 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by vc1187 View Post

when you adjust your buttcheeks right before a fart to try to change its sound signature.  From my experience, pulling the left cheek forward increases its sub bass quality, pulling the right cheek forward provides a bit of distortion on the low frequencies, and spreading both cheeks widens the soundstage greatly.
unf.

do you have recommendations for lube?
post #4310 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBS View Post


unf.
do you have recommendations for lube?

yeah... not a big fan of the 'K-Y Jelly Veil'.  Makes it sound muddy or muffled... and though some truly appreciate the sound, I'm not a big fan.

post #4311 of 6356

Going back on topic

 

You know you're an audiophile when searching for the perfect test songs is just as time-consuming as searching for the next audio-related purchase.

post #4312 of 6356

What the **** just happened up there...

 

When you PM 8 different people who have a headphone you REALLY want in an attempt to acquire one...

 

I'd do anything to get my hands on an SS-100 damnit.

post #4313 of 6356

My friends a DJ and understands my terminal condition....(audiophilia).....so he's helped me isolate the ranges for test tracks a few times. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

Going back on topic

 

You know you're an audiophile when searching for the perfect test songs is just as time-consuming as searching for the next audio-related purchase.

post #4314 of 6356

You know you're an audiophile when you see a lady with the name Andrea embroidered on her hoodie in a fancy script, and you at first read it as Audeze.

 

Just happened to me in my local Meijer today.

post #4315 of 6356

when you think that steinzeiser coppied sennheisertongue.gif

post #4316 of 6356

When you freak out that your comment that you made on Headphone Lounge on Facebook, was liked by Burson Audiobiggrin.gif.

post #4317 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by vc1187 View Post

yeah... not a big fan of the 'K-Y Jelly Veil'.  Makes it sound muddy or muffled... and though some truly appreciate the sound, I'm not a big fan.

 

Try inserting a comply foam tip for a better seal.

post #4318 of 6356

...when you can somewhat interpret a spectrogram and upon showing a friend one, they exclaim "WTF is this???"

 

700

 

 

...or when you get that same person mad because you claim modern pop music sucks because of all of the artificial "instruments" they use, which causes the song to sound completely fake and unnatural (backing up your claim with a spectrogram)

 

A very popular modern song (leftmost portion) vs a symphonic metal track from 2004 (rightmost portion)

700

It's really sad when a pop song has more treble energy than a metal track.

 

and yes that portion is the treble region (6 kHz+)

700


Edited by miceblue - 11/11/12 at 1:13am
post #4319 of 6356

When you spend 3 hours in a record and turntable store talking about headphones.

post #4320 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

...when you can somewhat interpret a spectrogram and upon showing a friend one, they exclaim "WTF is this???"

 

700

 

 

...or when you get that same person mad because you claim modern pop music sucks because of all of the artificial "instruments" they use, which causes the song to sound completely fake and unnatural (backing up your claim with a spectrogram)

 

A very popular modern song (leftmost portion) vs a symphonic metal track from 2004 (rightmost portion)

700

It's really sad when a pop song has more treble energy than a metal track.

 

and yes that portion is the treble region (6 kHz+)

700

the pop section of the track looks so choppy, i also see that the pop track has more bloated bass than the metal track

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...