Yeah. They say it doesn't have to be boring and can actually be quite fun to wait a while at a public place like a busy train station or something because you can just "watch people", which I found to be quite true. But since I joined this forum it's more like spotting and recognizing headphones in such situations :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
Introduction/Disclaimer: I would like to thank Denise with Mixcder for the opportunity to review the X5 in ear monitor headphones. They provided me a free sample in exchange for my honest...
First thing you think of when you see this is, can this really project sound in 360 degrees, When you look at it, you wouldn't think it could. But yes it does, Sound is projected from...
Acknowledgment Thank you Lear for providing this review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. This review may also be viewed on my blog, here. List Price: $65 at time of review plus...
Xiaomi have always been ahead of it's time in budget high quality earphones and smarthphone, their goal look like to make accessible for the mass products that was only accessible for wealthy...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 275post #4111 of 635611/1/12 at 10:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4112 of 635611/1/12 at 2:29pmpost #4113 of 635611/1/12 at 3:16pm
When some stupid kid blares Guns and Roses out of his phone after the teacher tells him to use headphones/earbuds. My friend that knows nothing about speakers/sound system says "hahaha that sounded like birds" Get it?
Edited by linglingjr - 11/1/12 at 3:24pmpost #4114 of 635611/1/12 at 3:21pmpost #4115 of 635611/1/12 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
...when you're taking the Head-Fi survey that pops up every now and then and answer these questions:
...in the same survey, answer the second-to-last last bubble:
Who spends over $1000 on digital music?
Even if you buy "HD" music (personally, I don't think there are many audible differences between "regular" and "HD" music), say they're an average of $20 USD per album, that's 50 albums.
Even if you buy iTunes music, say they're an average of $12 USD per album, that's 83 albums.
I check out physical music CD's pretty regularly from the public library and I don't even think I really listen to more than 30 albums a year. T_T
ffs, you know you're an audiophile when you're not gonna let Amazon, iTunes, or anyone else make you pay for ****ty 128kbps MP3s.
I buy CDs damnit.
Edited by takato14 - 11/1/12 at 5:20pmpost #4116 of 635611/1/12 at 5:35pmYou know you're a audiophile when you non-stop naming headphones' brand, model that shows up in the drama/movie/video/music video you are watching or when you are out on the sreet.post #4117 of 635611/1/12 at 5:39pmpost #4118 of 635611/1/12 at 5:50pmQuote:
The one time I downloaded from amazon I got 128kbps. I checked my brother's music and he has 128kbps as well; he downloads from iTunes.post #4119 of 635611/1/12 at 5:52pmQuote:
weird. i know itunes USED to only offer in 128k AAC (which is not nearly as bad as 128mp3, but still unacceptable) but i have never gotten anything lower than 256 from amazon. most of it is VBR 0post #4120 of 635611/1/12 at 5:55pmQuote:
My experience with Amazon has been the same as yours. I haven't ever bought anything from iTunes, but I believe you are correct about what they used to offer.....now I think they sell 256 AAC, now without DRM like the old 128s had.
Edited by Achmedisdead - 11/1/12 at 6:02pmpost #4121 of 635611/1/12 at 6:20pmpost #4122 of 635611/1/12 at 6:47pmQuote:
Weird. I've downloaded from Amazon quite a few times and it's always been some variation of ~256kbps (CBR, ABR, or VBR--I've gotten all three, I think.). This is not quite ideal (my transparency point for Lame on my killer sample is V0, so 256kbps is a little low), but not horrible, either.
Maybe they offered low bitrate files when they first started offering music or something?
Edited by Argyris - 11/1/12 at 6:56pmpost #4123 of 635611/1/12 at 11:04pmpost #4124 of 635611/1/12 at 11:23pmpost #4125 of 635611/1/12 at 11:36pm
You know your an audiophile when you seek other audiophiles for advice
In addition you know your an audiophile when a SMOKING hot body... is completely ignored over a nice voice... *melts*
Lol, I've secretly fallen in love with plenty of girls just by the sound of their voice. Don't tell my wife. =xQuote:
I've actually turned it into a game with myself.
When you have decided with yourself that you want to be buried with your HD650s.Quote:
HA! I was late this morning because I was facing the same dilemma!Quote:
Not gonna lie, I secretly judge them inside.Quote:
My wife told me that I gotta get with the 21st century and just buy things of iTunes. I retorted that she should do the same and buy her shoes of eBay. I ate alone that night, she was to busy shopping on eBay. Opse.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 11 seconds ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Dolby Atmos for Headphones now available in Windows 10 4 minutes ago
- › Nobsound NS-08E also know as Nobsound 6J9 hybrid tube amp 4 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio • 2017 Line-Up • Questions & Updates 4 minutes ago
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Layman1
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by B9Scrambler
- › Meze 99 Neo by ryanjsoo
- › Beat Audio Signal by mrazik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear