Yeah. They say it doesn't have to be boring and can actually be quite fun to wait a while at a public place like a busy train station or something because you can just "watch people", which I found to be quite true. But since I joined this forum it's more like spotting and recognizing headphones in such situations :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 275
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4112 of 635611/1/12 at 2:29pmpost #4113 of 635611/1/12 at 3:16pm
When some stupid kid blares Guns and Roses out of his phone after the teacher tells him to use headphones/earbuds. My friend that knows nothing about speakers/sound system says "hahaha that sounded like birds" Get it?
Edited by linglingjr - 11/1/12 at 3:24pmpost #4114 of 635611/1/12 at 3:21pmpost #4115 of 635611/1/12 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
...when you're taking the Head-Fi survey that pops up every now and then and answer these questions:
...in the same survey, answer the second-to-last last bubble:
Who spends over $1000 on digital music?
Even if you buy "HD" music (personally, I don't think there are many audible differences between "regular" and "HD" music), say they're an average of $20 USD per album, that's 50 albums.
Even if you buy iTunes music, say they're an average of $12 USD per album, that's 83 albums.
I check out physical music CD's pretty regularly from the public library and I don't even think I really listen to more than 30 albums a year. T_T
ffs, you know you're an audiophile when you're not gonna let Amazon, iTunes, or anyone else make you pay for ****ty 128kbps MP3s.
I buy CDs damnit.
Edited by takato14 - 11/1/12 at 5:20pmpost #4116 of 635611/1/12 at 5:35pmYou know you're a audiophile when you non-stop naming headphones' brand, model that shows up in the drama/movie/video/music video you are watching or when you are out on the sreet.post #4117 of 635611/1/12 at 5:39pmpost #4118 of 635611/1/12 at 5:50pmQuote:
The one time I downloaded from amazon I got 128kbps. I checked my brother's music and he has 128kbps as well; he downloads from iTunes.post #4119 of 635611/1/12 at 5:52pmQuote:
weird. i know itunes USED to only offer in 128k AAC (which is not nearly as bad as 128mp3, but still unacceptable) but i have never gotten anything lower than 256 from amazon. most of it is VBR 0post #4120 of 635611/1/12 at 5:55pmQuote:
My experience with Amazon has been the same as yours. I haven't ever bought anything from iTunes, but I believe you are correct about what they used to offer.....now I think they sell 256 AAC, now without DRM like the old 128s had.
Edited by Achmedisdead - 11/1/12 at 6:02pmpost #4121 of 635611/1/12 at 6:20pmpost #4122 of 635611/1/12 at 6:47pmQuote:
Weird. I've downloaded from Amazon quite a few times and it's always been some variation of ~256kbps (CBR, ABR, or VBR--I've gotten all three, I think.). This is not quite ideal (my transparency point for Lame on my killer sample is V0, so 256kbps is a little low), but not horrible, either.
Maybe they offered low bitrate files when they first started offering music or something?
Edited by Argyris - 11/1/12 at 6:56pmpost #4123 of 635611/1/12 at 11:04pm
...when you see a girl on the bus and she's carrying some block thing attached to an iPhone. You get all excited thinking it's a DAC/amp until you realize that it's just a battery charging pack/extended battery.post #4124 of 635611/1/12 at 11:23pmpost #4125 of 635611/1/12 at 11:36pm
You know your an audiophile when you seek other audiophiles for advice
In addition you know your an audiophile when a SMOKING hot body... is completely ignored over a nice voice... *melts*
Lol, I've secretly fallen in love with plenty of girls just by the sound of their voice. Don't tell my wife. =xQuote:
I've actually turned it into a game with myself.
When you have decided with yourself that you want to be buried with your HD650s.Quote:
HA! I was late this morning because I was facing the same dilemma!Quote:
Not gonna lie, I secretly judge them inside.Quote:
My wife told me that I gotta get with the 21st century and just buy things of iTunes. I retorted that she should do the same and buy her shoes of eBay. I ate alone that night, she was to busy shopping on eBay. Opse.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 22 seconds ago
- › Kokkia 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Need help choosing the best headphone for pop and country 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)