Yeah. They say it doesn't have to be boring and can actually be quite fun to wait a while at a public place like a busy train station or something because you can just "watch people", which I found to be quite true. But since I joined this forum it's more like spotting and recognizing headphones in such situations :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 275post #4111 of 635611/1/12 at 10:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4112 of 635611/1/12 at 2:29pmpost #4113 of 635611/1/12 at 3:16pm
When some stupid kid blares Guns and Roses out of his phone after the teacher tells him to use headphones/earbuds. My friend that knows nothing about speakers/sound system says "hahaha that sounded like birds" Get it?
Edited by linglingjr - 11/1/12 at 3:24pmpost #4114 of 635611/1/12 at 3:21pmpost #4115 of 635611/1/12 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
...when you're taking the Head-Fi survey that pops up every now and then and answer these questions:
...in the same survey, answer the second-to-last last bubble:
Who spends over $1000 on digital music?
Even if you buy "HD" music (personally, I don't think there are many audible differences between "regular" and "HD" music), say they're an average of $20 USD per album, that's 50 albums.
Even if you buy iTunes music, say they're an average of $12 USD per album, that's 83 albums.
I check out physical music CD's pretty regularly from the public library and I don't even think I really listen to more than 30 albums a year. T_T
ffs, you know you're an audiophile when you're not gonna let Amazon, iTunes, or anyone else make you pay for ****ty 128kbps MP3s.
I buy CDs damnit.
Edited by takato14 - 11/1/12 at 5:20pmpost #4116 of 635611/1/12 at 5:35pmYou know you're a audiophile when you non-stop naming headphones' brand, model that shows up in the drama/movie/video/music video you are watching or when you are out on the sreet.post #4117 of 635611/1/12 at 5:39pmpost #4118 of 635611/1/12 at 5:50pmQuote:
The one time I downloaded from amazon I got 128kbps. I checked my brother's music and he has 128kbps as well; he downloads from iTunes.post #4119 of 635611/1/12 at 5:52pmQuote:
weird. i know itunes USED to only offer in 128k AAC (which is not nearly as bad as 128mp3, but still unacceptable) but i have never gotten anything lower than 256 from amazon. most of it is VBR 0post #4120 of 635611/1/12 at 5:55pmQuote:
My experience with Amazon has been the same as yours. I haven't ever bought anything from iTunes, but I believe you are correct about what they used to offer.....now I think they sell 256 AAC, now without DRM like the old 128s had.
Edited by Achmedisdead - 11/1/12 at 6:02pmpost #4121 of 635611/1/12 at 6:20pmpost #4122 of 635611/1/12 at 6:47pmQuote:
Weird. I've downloaded from Amazon quite a few times and it's always been some variation of ~256kbps (CBR, ABR, or VBR--I've gotten all three, I think.). This is not quite ideal (my transparency point for Lame on my killer sample is V0, so 256kbps is a little low), but not horrible, either.
Maybe they offered low bitrate files when they first started offering music or something?
Edited by Argyris - 11/1/12 at 6:56pmpost #4123 of 635611/1/12 at 11:04pm
...when you see a girl on the bus and she's carrying some block thing attached to an iPhone. You get all excited thinking it's a DAC/amp until you realize that it's just a battery charging pack/extended battery.post #4124 of 635611/1/12 at 11:23pmpost #4125 of 635611/1/12 at 11:36pm
You know your an audiophile when you seek other audiophiles for advice
In addition you know your an audiophile when a SMOKING hot body... is completely ignored over a nice voice... *melts*
Lol, I've secretly fallen in love with plenty of girls just by the sound of their voice. Don't tell my wife. =xQuote:
I've actually turned it into a game with myself.
When you have decided with yourself that you want to be buried with your HD650s.Quote:
HA! I was late this morning because I was facing the same dilemma!Quote:
Not gonna lie, I secretly judge them inside.Quote:
My wife told me that I gotta get with the 21st century and just buy things of iTunes. I retorted that she should do the same and buy her shoes of eBay. I ate alone that night, she was to busy shopping on eBay. Opse.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 19 seconds ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 45 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › New HD800 user! Just a few questions. 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2