Yeah. They say it doesn't have to be boring and can actually be quite fun to wait a while at a public place like a busy train station or something because you can just "watch people", which I found to be quite true. But since I joined this forum it's more like spotting and recognizing headphones in such situations :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 275post #4111 of 635611/1/12 at 10:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4112 of 635611/1/12 at 2:29pmpost #4113 of 635611/1/12 at 3:16pm
When some stupid kid blares Guns and Roses out of his phone after the teacher tells him to use headphones/earbuds. My friend that knows nothing about speakers/sound system says "hahaha that sounded like birds" Get it?
Edited by linglingjr - 11/1/12 at 3:24pmpost #4114 of 635611/1/12 at 3:21pmpost #4115 of 635611/1/12 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
...when you're taking the Head-Fi survey that pops up every now and then and answer these questions:
...in the same survey, answer the second-to-last last bubble:
Who spends over $1000 on digital music?
Even if you buy "HD" music (personally, I don't think there are many audible differences between "regular" and "HD" music), say they're an average of $20 USD per album, that's 50 albums.
Even if you buy iTunes music, say they're an average of $12 USD per album, that's 83 albums.
I check out physical music CD's pretty regularly from the public library and I don't even think I really listen to more than 30 albums a year. T_T
ffs, you know you're an audiophile when you're not gonna let Amazon, iTunes, or anyone else make you pay for ****ty 128kbps MP3s.
I buy CDs damnit.
Edited by takato14 - 11/1/12 at 5:20pmpost #4116 of 635611/1/12 at 5:35pmYou know you're a audiophile when you non-stop naming headphones' brand, model that shows up in the drama/movie/video/music video you are watching or when you are out on the sreet.post #4117 of 635611/1/12 at 5:39pmpost #4118 of 635611/1/12 at 5:50pmQuote:
The one time I downloaded from amazon I got 128kbps. I checked my brother's music and he has 128kbps as well; he downloads from iTunes.post #4119 of 635611/1/12 at 5:52pmQuote:
weird. i know itunes USED to only offer in 128k AAC (which is not nearly as bad as 128mp3, but still unacceptable) but i have never gotten anything lower than 256 from amazon. most of it is VBR 0post #4120 of 635611/1/12 at 5:55pmQuote:
My experience with Amazon has been the same as yours. I haven't ever bought anything from iTunes, but I believe you are correct about what they used to offer.....now I think they sell 256 AAC, now without DRM like the old 128s had.
Edited by Achmedisdead - 11/1/12 at 6:02pmpost #4121 of 635611/1/12 at 6:20pmpost #4122 of 635611/1/12 at 6:47pmQuote:
Weird. I've downloaded from Amazon quite a few times and it's always been some variation of ~256kbps (CBR, ABR, or VBR--I've gotten all three, I think.). This is not quite ideal (my transparency point for Lame on my killer sample is V0, so 256kbps is a little low), but not horrible, either.
Maybe they offered low bitrate files when they first started offering music or something?
Edited by Argyris - 11/1/12 at 6:56pmpost #4123 of 635611/1/12 at 11:04pmpost #4124 of 635611/1/12 at 11:23pmpost #4125 of 635611/1/12 at 11:36pm
You know your an audiophile when you seek other audiophiles for advice
In addition you know your an audiophile when a SMOKING hot body... is completely ignored over a nice voice... *melts*
Lol, I've secretly fallen in love with plenty of girls just by the sound of their voice. Don't tell my wife. =xQuote:
I've actually turned it into a game with myself.
When you have decided with yourself that you want to be buried with your HD650s.Quote:
HA! I was late this morning because I was facing the same dilemma!Quote:
Not gonna lie, I secretly judge them inside.Quote:
My wife told me that I gotta get with the 21st century and just buy things of iTunes. I retorted that she should do the same and buy her shoes of eBay. I ate alone that night, she was to busy shopping on eBay. Opse.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard X20pro DAC (ES9028Pro) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear