Yeah. They say it doesn't have to be boring and can actually be quite fun to wait a while at a public place like a busy train station or something because you can just "watch people", which I found to be quite true. But since I joined this forum it's more like spotting and recognizing headphones in such situations :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 275post #4111 of 635611/1/12 at 10:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4112 of 635611/1/12 at 2:29pmpost #4113 of 635611/1/12 at 3:16pm
When some stupid kid blares Guns and Roses out of his phone after the teacher tells him to use headphones/earbuds. My friend that knows nothing about speakers/sound system says "hahaha that sounded like birds" Get it?
Edited by linglingjr - 11/1/12 at 3:24pmpost #4114 of 635611/1/12 at 3:21pmpost #4115 of 635611/1/12 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
...when you're taking the Head-Fi survey that pops up every now and then and answer these questions:
...in the same survey, answer the second-to-last last bubble:
Who spends over $1000 on digital music?
Even if you buy "HD" music (personally, I don't think there are many audible differences between "regular" and "HD" music), say they're an average of $20 USD per album, that's 50 albums.
Even if you buy iTunes music, say they're an average of $12 USD per album, that's 83 albums.
I check out physical music CD's pretty regularly from the public library and I don't even think I really listen to more than 30 albums a year. T_T
ffs, you know you're an audiophile when you're not gonna let Amazon, iTunes, or anyone else make you pay for ****ty 128kbps MP3s.
I buy CDs damnit.
Edited by takato14 - 11/1/12 at 5:20pmpost #4116 of 635611/1/12 at 5:35pmYou know you're a audiophile when you non-stop naming headphones' brand, model that shows up in the drama/movie/video/music video you are watching or when you are out on the sreet.post #4117 of 635611/1/12 at 5:39pmpost #4118 of 635611/1/12 at 5:50pmQuote:
The one time I downloaded from amazon I got 128kbps. I checked my brother's music and he has 128kbps as well; he downloads from iTunes.post #4119 of 635611/1/12 at 5:52pmQuote:
weird. i know itunes USED to only offer in 128k AAC (which is not nearly as bad as 128mp3, but still unacceptable) but i have never gotten anything lower than 256 from amazon. most of it is VBR 0post #4120 of 635611/1/12 at 5:55pmQuote:
My experience with Amazon has been the same as yours. I haven't ever bought anything from iTunes, but I believe you are correct about what they used to offer.....now I think they sell 256 AAC, now without DRM like the old 128s had.
Edited by Achmedisdead - 11/1/12 at 6:02pmpost #4121 of 635611/1/12 at 6:20pmpost #4122 of 635611/1/12 at 6:47pmQuote:
Weird. I've downloaded from Amazon quite a few times and it's always been some variation of ~256kbps (CBR, ABR, or VBR--I've gotten all three, I think.). This is not quite ideal (my transparency point for Lame on my killer sample is V0, so 256kbps is a little low), but not horrible, either.
Maybe they offered low bitrate files when they first started offering music or something?
Edited by Argyris - 11/1/12 at 6:56pmpost #4123 of 635611/1/12 at 11:04pm
...when you see a girl on the bus and she's carrying some block thing attached to an iPhone. You get all excited thinking it's a DAC/amp until you realize that it's just a battery charging pack/extended battery.post #4124 of 635611/1/12 at 11:23pmpost #4125 of 635611/1/12 at 11:36pm
You know your an audiophile when you seek other audiophiles for advice
In addition you know your an audiophile when a SMOKING hot body... is completely ignored over a nice voice... *melts*
Lol, I've secretly fallen in love with plenty of girls just by the sound of their voice. Don't tell my wife. =xQuote:
I've actually turned it into a game with myself.
When you have decided with yourself that you want to be buried with your HD650s.Quote:
HA! I was late this morning because I was facing the same dilemma!Quote:
Not gonna lie, I secretly judge them inside.Quote:
My wife told me that I gotta get with the 21st century and just buy things of iTunes. I retorted that she should do the same and buy her shoes of eBay. I ate alone that night, she was to busy shopping on eBay. Opse.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 47 seconds ago
- › I did my own listening test...four formats...did I hear a difference? 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...