When you critically listen to your father's car stereo speakers and think to yourself "Holy crap these are garbage, they have no bass and the midrange honks like a ******* goose"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 262post #3916 of 635610/24/12 at 5:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3917 of 635610/24/12 at 6:59pmpost #3918 of 635610/24/12 at 7:08pmpost #3919 of 635610/24/12 at 7:22pmpost #3920 of 635610/24/12 at 7:29pmQuote:
Build a custom portable electrostat amp and use the STAX SR009. That should cost you a great deal of money, provided you don't kill yourself with the amp.post #3921 of 635610/24/12 at 8:15pmQuote:
You know your an audio phile when you can answer this,there's not really much of a differeance. Even with 24but vs 16bit, 24bit is only better when your mixing, seeing as 16bit has a 96db range and well your hearing stops much b4 that, and if you where some how able to take advantage of the full 140+ something db's of a 24bit recording... you'd be dead from the pressure of that sound wave. So HD music is only better when you've got the POWER to fool your mind with a placebo effect <3
But I can easily go through 30 ablums a month... I put in about 2-3 horus listening a day...Quote:
Psh get your self some CUSTOM mad IEMS... I'm sure some one out there can make em out of Solid Gold and Dimond studded cord <3post #3922 of 635610/24/12 at 8:28pm
when your idiot retard friend sees your HD600s with the back grills taken off and says OHH those look sick are they made by monster?. then he tries to listen to them and asks why my e9/e7 is "so big" he goes on to youtube to listen to some music (so lossy) and when he finally finds some crappy quality upload to listen to he turns the volume knob on the e9 to 1 o clock (9 o clock is the loudest I ever listen to) So glad he didn't ruin the drivers in the few seconds he had them blasting like speakers. So after he listens to them for 30 seconds at a decent volume he says these sound really bad and shows me the horrible pair of monster headphones he wants to get.....post #3923 of 635610/24/12 at 8:32pmpost #3924 of 635610/24/12 at 9:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by linglingjr
when your idiot retard friend sees your HD600s with the back grills taken off and says OHH those look sick are they made by monster?. then he tries to listen to them and asks why my e9/e7 is "so big" he goes on to youtube to listen to some music (so lossy) and when he finally finds some crappy quality upload to listen to he turns the volume knob on the e9 to 1 o clock (9 o clock is the loudest I ever listen to) So glad he didn't ruin the drivers in the few seconds he had them blasting like speakers. So after he listens to them for 30 seconds at a decent volume he says these sound really bad and shows me the horrible pair of monster headphones he wants to get.....
I would have beaten the crap out of him the moment he asked if they were made by monster.post #3925 of 635610/24/12 at 9:18pmQuote:
NO GOD MY EYES
Whoever thought it was a good idea to do... THAT to any headphone, ****ty or otherwise, needs to have their head caved in with a 50-pound sledgehammer.post #3926 of 635610/24/12 at 9:23pmpost #3927 of 635610/24/12 at 9:32pmpost #3928 of 635610/24/12 at 9:54pmpost #3929 of 635610/25/12 at 2:54am
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream" 4 seconds ago
- › WTB: Quality Ethernet Cable (3M) 20 seconds ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 22 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL: 2017 North Carolina Meet 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear