Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 248post #3706 of 635610/15/12 at 9:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3707 of 635610/15/12 at 10:43pmWhen the highest quality file of a song you can find is 320kbps mp3: you download it and instantly tell its source was below 192kbps. I guess this probably belongs in the QQ thread. God its been a long day.
Edited by linglingjr - 10/15/12 at 10:50pmpost #3708 of 635610/15/12 at 10:50pmpost #3709 of 635610/16/12 at 6:52am
You know you're an audiophile when you know that there are two different kinds of compression, and that, though not inherently bad, applied tastelessly they can both ruin your music.
(Sadly, if it's volume compression, there might not be anything you can do about it).post #3710 of 635610/16/12 at 6:57ampost #3711 of 635610/16/12 at 7:11ampost #3712 of 635610/16/12 at 7:22am
when you c a hot chick with headphones around the corner you stick your head out and say "those cans" instead of "that ass" lol.*no offense to female head fiers.
Edited by DGriff0400 - 10/16/12 at 8:27ampost #3713 of 635610/16/12 at 8:24ampost #3714 of 635610/16/12 at 9:19amQuote:
And actually, there is a third, although it's not something related to the media. There's compression that happens with some drivers at low very frequencies nearer max volume below the tuning point.post #3715 of 635610/16/12 at 2:58pmQuote:
xD nice bro, I'm still waiting for that one [although I don't look at rear ends not my thing faces ftw]
I've started to do that more, since I got a nice Pokect Rig for my Amp and DAP nowpost #3716 of 635610/16/12 at 4:39pmpost #3717 of 635610/16/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
You know your an audiophile when you seek other audiophiles for advice
In addition you know your an audiophile when a SMOKING hot body... is completely ignored over a nice voice... *melts*
I think my luck with women will well decrease if I stop looking at them and just start shutting my eye's and listening to them...post #3718 of 635610/16/12 at 6:20pmpost #3719 of 635610/16/12 at 6:23pm
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 1 minute ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Seattle Head-Fi - Portable Club 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 5 minutes ago
- › Amp/DAC recommendations for DT880 -- best value to bring out the... 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 5 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2