Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 248  

post #3706 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob81pizza View Post

When you are calculating how much money your new set of headphones + amp + dac will cost, and then deciding if you need to drop out of school. Haha

xD nice

post #3707 of 6356
When the highest quality file of a song you can find is 320kbps mp3: you download it and instantly tell its source was below 192kbps. I guess this probably belongs in the QQ thread. God its been a long day.
Edited by linglingjr - 10/15/12 at 10:50pm
post #3708 of 6356

You know you are an audiophile when you stop going for the headphone with the best clarity or sound quality and just go for a headphone that pleases your tastes the most.

post #3709 of 6356

You know you're an audiophile when you know that there are two different kinds of compression, and that, though not inherently bad, applied tastelessly they can both ruin your music.

 

(Sadly, if it's volume compression, there might not be anything you can do about it).

post #3710 of 6356
And it seems like almost all music made today suffers from volume compression.
post #3711 of 6356
When you refer to the aspects of frequencies with terms such as muddy, crisp, detailed and extended
post #3712 of 6356

when you c a hot chick with headphones around the corner you stick your head out and say "those cans" instead of "that ass" lol.*no offense to female head fiers.


Edited by DGriff0400 - 10/16/12 at 8:27am
post #3713 of 6356

When you're able to "flaunt your cans" in public :D

post #3714 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

You know you're an audiophile when you know that there are two different kinds of compression . . .

And actually, there is a third, although it's not something related to the media.  There's compression that happens with some drivers at low very frequencies nearer max volume below the tuning point. smile.gif

post #3715 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGriff0400 View Post

when you c a hot chick with headphones around the corner you stick your head out and say "those cans" instead of "that ass" lol.*no offense to female head fiers.

xD nice bro, I'm still waiting for that one [although I don't look at rear ends not my thing faces ftw] 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPICFAILXD View Post

When you're able to "flaunt your cans" in public :D

I've started to do that more, since I got a nice Pokect Rig for my Amp and DAP now

post #3716 of 6356

figured this would be a good place to ask. If i want to learn how dac's and amps work and how they affect heaphones the way they do, is there a guide somewhere or where would i start? 

post #3717 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post

figured this would be a good place to ask. If i want to learn how dac's and amps work and how they affect heaphones the way they do, is there a guide somewhere or where would i start? 

You know your an audiophile when you seek other audiophiles for advice

 

In addition you know your an audiophile when a SMOKING hot body... is completely ignored over a nice voice... *melts*

 

I think my luck with women will well decrease if I stop looking at them and just start shutting my eye's and listening to them...

post #3718 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodaO View Post

When you refer to the aspects of frequencies with terms such as muddy, crisp, detailed and extended
lololol i used "low bass extension" when talking about a friends crappy headphones and he was like "i have no idea what youre talking about... All these words.
post #3719 of 6356

You know you're an audiophile when you started complaining about sounds

post #3720 of 6356

when you rather listen to music than watch the presidential debate

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...