When you start to see your headphone as more than a "friend".....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 245
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 635610/13/12 at 9:26ampost #3663 of 635610/13/12 at 9:51ampost #3664 of 635610/13/12 at 10:32ampost #3665 of 635610/13/12 at 2:23pmQuote:
But you know your an audiophile when you skip $1000 classes to demo $400 cans <3post #3666 of 635610/13/12 at 4:12pmpost #3667 of 635610/13/12 at 4:52pmQuote:
Would never consider myself a trekkie, but i've seen almost everything except Enterprise and most of the TOS. Never grew up with TOS much and felt the 90's ones did the best job. Still I'll buy the blu-ray TOS set someday. I didn't put nerd at the end of my name for nothing.post #3668 of 635610/13/12 at 5:11pmQuote:
Nah I was told on the ANime Thread it's OBOCTOBER so here I am with this avatar <3 not a trekkie or a Star Wars guy [what ever u call them] I am a... well I'm nothing cool atm OH w8 I'm a Cullinarian as well as a member of the Hospitality industry :D we can TAKE OVER THE WORLD... DONT MESS WITH US <3 and how would you like your slavery severed today sir lolpost #3669 of 635610/13/12 at 11:18pmQuote:post #3670 of 635610/13/12 at 11:20pm
When you start buying headphones you already own just because they are on sale.
Case and point http://massdrop.com/beyerdynamic-dt990-headphones XD. You've gotta make an acc but dem prices :D.post #3671 of 635610/13/12 at 11:30pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Mshenay
Nah I was told on the ANime Thread it's OBOCTOBER so here I am with this avatar <3 not a trekkie or a Star Wars guy [what ever u call them] I am a... well I'm nothing cool atm OH w8 I'm a Cullinarian as well as a member of the Hospitality industry :D we can TAKE OVER THE WORLD... DONT MESS WITH US <3 and how would you like your slavery severed today sir lolQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
I C, carry on then Mr.Scottpost #3672 of 635610/13/12 at 11:36pm
When you're bidding on eBay for a vintage headphone, and someone swoops it from under your feet in the last 4 seconds of the auction, and you go to extreme lengths to find out who this person is to perform bodily harm unto them.
This happened TWICE today. Very pissed off.post #3673 of 635610/14/12 at 12:30ampost #3674 of 635610/14/12 at 1:50am
Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry for your wallet.
Also, you know you're an audiophile when you're awake at nearly 5:00 AM and you've just finished typing a highly pedantic post about soundstage and EQ in a thread on Head-Fi.post #3675 of 635610/14/12 at 8:12am
When you rationalize owning all of your headphones with "Well, at least it's cheaper than the Beats Detox."...which slowly turns to, "It's cheaper than two pairs of Beats Detox", which turns into, "It's cheaper than those purses people get. All they do is hold objects, right? Right? RIGHT!?"
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › A pair of headphones strictly for movies/gaming. 1 second ago
- › AES Damn Lies Workshop 29 seconds ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 34 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Interconnects for sale, get 'em right here! 4 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 5 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014 6 minutes ago
- › electronic cigarette-fi 6 minutes ago
- › Open Back Vs Closed Back .. what is better for me? 6 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe