When every single example you use to explain stuff to your circuit design classmates is audio related.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 244post #3646 of 635610/10/12 at 7:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3647 of 635610/10/12 at 7:35pmpost #3648 of 635610/11/12 at 11:25pm...when you're watching an anime (K-On!) and you can't help but notice that the pet shop shopping bag says:
...also, when you're majoring in bioengineering and still glad that you can do audio-related research:
I would totally be interested in engineering a new stem cell-based solution to hearing loss, as opposed to using a hearing aid (dunno if it's possible or feasible, but it would be interesting nonetheless).
Edited by miceblue - 10/11/12 at 11:41pmpost #3649 of 635610/12/12 at 6:00am
You know you're an audiophile when you think back on all the pieces of audio gear you've had the way most people think back on all the girlfriends/boyfriends they've had.post #3650 of 635610/12/12 at 9:50am
You know you're an audiophile when u're sitting across a really hot girl and you are checking to see what earphones she's using rather than checking her face (which I did afterwards) :)post #3651 of 635610/12/12 at 9:51ampost #3652 of 635610/12/12 at 10:00am
I'm so depressed. I'm supposed to wear glasses but don't like to. I've been going to college since September and withing the first few weeks, I saw 3 people wearing M50's... never to be seen again.
Now, I walk the campus on my way to classes, searching for people who care about sound. When I see the silhouette of larger headphones on someones head, I pick up the pace so that I can identify the headphone without my glasses... Maybe that's one of the people I met and said hi to. We could hang out if I can get their contact information this time.
On approach, I see it's just another Skullcandy Hesh, or Beats by Dre. I think about talking to them about headphones, and offering them my Audio Technica's to listen to, but I know it's futile, as they won't appreciate the clarity and brightness of the AD900... They probably won't be interested, so I keep walking.
You know you're an audiophile when you think of social encounters in terms of headphones and how best to introduce another person to your hobby, and teach them about the technicalities of audio and great sound.
Edited by stevenswall - 10/12/12 at 10:17ampost #3653 of 635610/12/12 at 10:05ampost #3654 of 635610/12/12 at 11:27ampost #3655 of 635610/12/12 at 1:44pmpost #3656 of 635610/12/12 at 1:59pm
When you fart, and realize the fart sound needs to improve its sound quality, so you record your fart with high quality equipment. Then you enjoy its HQ sound with your best amplifier and your Sennheiser HD800, listening over and over again, giving you goosebumps and occasionally a tear of happiness.post #3657 of 635610/12/12 at 2:35pm
You know you are an audiophile when you use Nordost Cables as an analogy to prove a point to the Psychology professor...
...he lets you explain everything you know about them... and then tells you: "oh interesting, do you have Nordost, because I have the silver ones". Really epic moment...
PS: The Nordost ODIN costs about $16,000 for 1 m it also states : 90% of the speed of light.
Edited by mikiphile - 10/12/12 at 2:40pmpost #3658 of 635610/12/12 at 5:29pmpost #3659 of 635610/13/12 at 8:15amYou know your an audiophile when I a dream you have a Sennheiser HD600. Then your best friend comes along and he has a HD650 so you guys compare them and we thought the HD600 was better.. Yes this was a actually dream I had yesterday.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Stax Thread III 20 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Worst speakers you have ever heard 38 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 45 seconds ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 54 seconds ago
- › VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob