When every single example you use to explain stuff to your circuit design classmates is audio related.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 244post #3646 of 635610/10/12 at 7:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3647 of 635610/10/12 at 7:35pmpost #3648 of 635610/11/12 at 11:25pm...when you're watching an anime (K-On!) and you can't help but notice that the pet shop shopping bag says:
...also, when you're majoring in bioengineering and still glad that you can do audio-related research:
I would totally be interested in engineering a new stem cell-based solution to hearing loss, as opposed to using a hearing aid (dunno if it's possible or feasible, but it would be interesting nonetheless).
Edited by miceblue - 10/11/12 at 11:41pmpost #3649 of 635610/12/12 at 6:00am
You know you're an audiophile when you think back on all the pieces of audio gear you've had the way most people think back on all the girlfriends/boyfriends they've had.post #3650 of 635610/12/12 at 9:50am
You know you're an audiophile when u're sitting across a really hot girl and you are checking to see what earphones she's using rather than checking her face (which I did afterwards) :)post #3651 of 635610/12/12 at 9:51ampost #3652 of 635610/12/12 at 10:00am
I'm so depressed. I'm supposed to wear glasses but don't like to. I've been going to college since September and withing the first few weeks, I saw 3 people wearing M50's... never to be seen again.
Now, I walk the campus on my way to classes, searching for people who care about sound. When I see the silhouette of larger headphones on someones head, I pick up the pace so that I can identify the headphone without my glasses... Maybe that's one of the people I met and said hi to. We could hang out if I can get their contact information this time.
On approach, I see it's just another Skullcandy Hesh, or Beats by Dre. I think about talking to them about headphones, and offering them my Audio Technica's to listen to, but I know it's futile, as they won't appreciate the clarity and brightness of the AD900... They probably won't be interested, so I keep walking.
You know you're an audiophile when you think of social encounters in terms of headphones and how best to introduce another person to your hobby, and teach them about the technicalities of audio and great sound.
Edited by stevenswall - 10/12/12 at 10:17ampost #3653 of 635610/12/12 at 10:05ampost #3654 of 635610/12/12 at 11:27ampost #3655 of 635610/12/12 at 1:44pmpost #3656 of 635610/12/12 at 1:59pm
When you fart, and realize the fart sound needs to improve its sound quality, so you record your fart with high quality equipment. Then you enjoy its HQ sound with your best amplifier and your Sennheiser HD800, listening over and over again, giving you goosebumps and occasionally a tear of happiness.post #3657 of 635610/12/12 at 2:35pm
You know you are an audiophile when you use Nordost Cables as an analogy to prove a point to the Psychology professor...
...he lets you explain everything you know about them... and then tells you: "oh interesting, do you have Nordost, because I have the silver ones". Really epic moment...
PS: The Nordost ODIN costs about $16,000 for 1 m it also states : 90% of the speed of light.
Edited by mikiphile - 10/12/12 at 2:40pmpost #3658 of 635610/12/12 at 5:29pmpost #3659 of 635610/13/12 at 8:15amYou know your an audiophile when I a dream you have a Sennheiser HD600. Then your best friend comes along and he has a HD650 so you guys compare them and we thought the HD600 was better.. Yes this was a actually dream I had yesterday.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 15 seconds ago
- › Portable amp - what should i get? 37 seconds ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 37 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x or Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 58 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2