When every single example you use to explain stuff to your circuit design classmates is audio related.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 244post #3646 of 635610/10/12 at 7:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3647 of 635610/10/12 at 7:35pmpost #3648 of 635610/11/12 at 11:25pm...when you're watching an anime (K-On!) and you can't help but notice that the pet shop shopping bag says:
...also, when you're majoring in bioengineering and still glad that you can do audio-related research:
I would totally be interested in engineering a new stem cell-based solution to hearing loss, as opposed to using a hearing aid (dunno if it's possible or feasible, but it would be interesting nonetheless).
Edited by miceblue - 10/11/12 at 11:41pmpost #3649 of 635610/12/12 at 6:00am
You know you're an audiophile when you think back on all the pieces of audio gear you've had the way most people think back on all the girlfriends/boyfriends they've had.post #3650 of 635610/12/12 at 9:50am
You know you're an audiophile when u're sitting across a really hot girl and you are checking to see what earphones she's using rather than checking her face (which I did afterwards) :)post #3651 of 635610/12/12 at 9:51ampost #3652 of 635610/12/12 at 10:00am
I'm so depressed. I'm supposed to wear glasses but don't like to. I've been going to college since September and withing the first few weeks, I saw 3 people wearing M50's... never to be seen again.
Now, I walk the campus on my way to classes, searching for people who care about sound. When I see the silhouette of larger headphones on someones head, I pick up the pace so that I can identify the headphone without my glasses... Maybe that's one of the people I met and said hi to. We could hang out if I can get their contact information this time.
On approach, I see it's just another Skullcandy Hesh, or Beats by Dre. I think about talking to them about headphones, and offering them my Audio Technica's to listen to, but I know it's futile, as they won't appreciate the clarity and brightness of the AD900... They probably won't be interested, so I keep walking.
You know you're an audiophile when you think of social encounters in terms of headphones and how best to introduce another person to your hobby, and teach them about the technicalities of audio and great sound.
Edited by stevenswall - 10/12/12 at 10:17ampost #3653 of 635610/12/12 at 10:05ampost #3654 of 635610/12/12 at 11:27ampost #3655 of 635610/12/12 at 1:44pmpost #3656 of 635610/12/12 at 1:59pm
When you fart, and realize the fart sound needs to improve its sound quality, so you record your fart with high quality equipment. Then you enjoy its HQ sound with your best amplifier and your Sennheiser HD800, listening over and over again, giving you goosebumps and occasionally a tear of happiness.post #3657 of 635610/12/12 at 2:35pm
You know you are an audiophile when you use Nordost Cables as an analogy to prove a point to the Psychology professor...
...he lets you explain everything you know about them... and then tells you: "oh interesting, do you have Nordost, because I have the silver ones". Really epic moment...
PS: The Nordost ODIN costs about $16,000 for 1 m it also states : 90% of the speed of light.
Edited by mikiphile - 10/12/12 at 2:40pmpost #3658 of 635610/12/12 at 5:29pmpost #3659 of 635610/13/12 at 8:15amYou know your an audiophile when I a dream you have a Sennheiser HD600. Then your best friend comes along and he has a HD650 so you guys compare them and we thought the HD600 was better.. Yes this was a actually dream I had yesterday.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › HD 598 Replacement 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › What Have I Done :( ? 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)