When every single example you use to explain stuff to your circuit design classmates is audio related.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 244post #3646 of 635610/10/12 at 7:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3647 of 635610/10/12 at 7:35pmpost #3648 of 635610/11/12 at 11:25pm...when you're watching an anime (K-On!) and you can't help but notice that the pet shop shopping bag says:
...also, when you're majoring in bioengineering and still glad that you can do audio-related research:
I would totally be interested in engineering a new stem cell-based solution to hearing loss, as opposed to using a hearing aid (dunno if it's possible or feasible, but it would be interesting nonetheless).
Edited by miceblue - 10/11/12 at 11:41pmpost #3649 of 635610/12/12 at 6:00am
You know you're an audiophile when you think back on all the pieces of audio gear you've had the way most people think back on all the girlfriends/boyfriends they've had.post #3650 of 635610/12/12 at 9:50am
You know you're an audiophile when u're sitting across a really hot girl and you are checking to see what earphones she's using rather than checking her face (which I did afterwards) :)post #3651 of 635610/12/12 at 9:51ampost #3652 of 635610/12/12 at 10:00am
I'm so depressed. I'm supposed to wear glasses but don't like to. I've been going to college since September and withing the first few weeks, I saw 3 people wearing M50's... never to be seen again.
Now, I walk the campus on my way to classes, searching for people who care about sound. When I see the silhouette of larger headphones on someones head, I pick up the pace so that I can identify the headphone without my glasses... Maybe that's one of the people I met and said hi to. We could hang out if I can get their contact information this time.
On approach, I see it's just another Skullcandy Hesh, or Beats by Dre. I think about talking to them about headphones, and offering them my Audio Technica's to listen to, but I know it's futile, as they won't appreciate the clarity and brightness of the AD900... They probably won't be interested, so I keep walking.
You know you're an audiophile when you think of social encounters in terms of headphones and how best to introduce another person to your hobby, and teach them about the technicalities of audio and great sound.
Edited by stevenswall - 10/12/12 at 10:17ampost #3653 of 635610/12/12 at 10:05ampost #3654 of 635610/12/12 at 11:27ampost #3655 of 635610/12/12 at 1:44pmpost #3656 of 635610/12/12 at 1:59pm
When you fart, and realize the fart sound needs to improve its sound quality, so you record your fart with high quality equipment. Then you enjoy its HQ sound with your best amplifier and your Sennheiser HD800, listening over and over again, giving you goosebumps and occasionally a tear of happiness.post #3657 of 635610/12/12 at 2:35pm
You know you are an audiophile when you use Nordost Cables as an analogy to prove a point to the Psychology professor...
...he lets you explain everything you know about them... and then tells you: "oh interesting, do you have Nordost, because I have the silver ones". Really epic moment...
PS: The Nordost ODIN costs about $16,000 for 1 m it also states : 90% of the speed of light.
Edited by mikiphile - 10/12/12 at 2:40pmpost #3658 of 635610/12/12 at 5:29pmpost #3659 of 635610/13/12 at 8:15amYou know your an audiophile when I a dream you have a Sennheiser HD600. Then your best friend comes along and he has a HD650 so you guys compare them and we thought the HD600 was better.. Yes this was a actually dream I had yesterday.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Earbuds Round-Up 28 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all... 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear