when you cant stop spending on useless gears just for the heck of curiosity
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 63563/14/11 at 11:56pmpost #33 of 63563/15/11 at 4:20ampost #34 of 63563/15/11 at 4:40ampost #35 of 63563/15/11 at 5:20ampost #36 of 63563/15/11 at 6:03ampost #37 of 63563/15/11 at 6:15am
I don't think that you can know what you are, but you can know what you were. I know I was a (pseudo)audiophile when I reverted all the way back to cassettes and replaced them DT880 with HD215's.post #38 of 63563/15/11 at 8:20am
Hmm.. not sure whether you really meant this..
I buy headhphones because I want enjoy music. Will try to discover flaws before purchase though, but thats to be done on the headphones, not the music.Quote:post #39 of 63563/15/11 at 8:56ampost #40 of 63563/15/11 at 8:59amUmm.... When your friend lets you see his/her ipod or mp3 and you secretly change the EQ settings???
or mabye when you go to someones house and change the sound settings on their computer and TV??post #41 of 63563/15/11 at 9:09ampost #42 of 63563/15/11 at 9:20ampost #43 of 63563/15/11 at 1:17pmpost #44 of 63563/15/11 at 1:29pmQuote:
lol it doesn't get that hot. It doesn't get that cold in the Bay Area so my amp is just hot enough to keep the room a little warmer. My LC3 does run hot though since the tubes are inside such a small area.post #45 of 63563/15/11 at 1:58pm
When you try to convince your twinsister that the Cowon D2 with Shure e2c's will blow her iPod away in all fronts, even with the same mp3's! The Shure e2c's are not high end at all, not even mid end but I started my foray into better quality listening by using that combo.
At least I was able to pursuade my twinsister in accepting my Cowon D2 as a gift with the Shure IEM's and she can't stop talking about it to her friends.
Also another one: when you try to convince people that actually sit down with a glass of wine and listen and feel the music instead of only "hearing" it in "background" mode. When I explain people that I actually sit/lie down on my couch with my Cowon D2/Shure E530 to listen to music without doing anything else, they look up weirdly sometimes. I do the same with my B&W 7 series speaker system. Others prefer watching TV, I prefer listening to music.
The thing is though: enjoying music can be done with the cheapest gear or the most expensive gear. The goal should be to enjoy the music and not move it to the background while doing other things. Active listening instead of passive hearing.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 15 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels 'The Hornet' portable headphone amp 2 minutes ago
- › Cheap kítchens Sunderland 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic A200P High-End Portable DAC 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)