when you cant stop spending on useless gears just for the heck of curiosity
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 63563/14/11 at 11:56pmpost #33 of 63563/15/11 at 4:20ampost #34 of 63563/15/11 at 4:40ampost #35 of 63563/15/11 at 5:20ampost #36 of 63563/15/11 at 6:03am
When you cannot go into a electronics market whithout having to analyze every headphone/Iem and criticalyze them, because the store was not having anything on high end...post #37 of 63563/15/11 at 6:15am
I don't think that you can know what you are, but you can know what you were. I know I was a (pseudo)audiophile when I reverted all the way back to cassettes and replaced them DT880 with HD215's.post #38 of 63563/15/11 at 8:20am
Hmm.. not sure whether you really meant this..
I buy headhphones because I want enjoy music. Will try to discover flaws before purchase though, but thats to be done on the headphones, not the music.Quote:post #39 of 63563/15/11 at 8:56ampost #40 of 63563/15/11 at 8:59amUmm.... When your friend lets you see his/her ipod or mp3 and you secretly change the EQ settings???
or mabye when you go to someones house and change the sound settings on their computer and TV??post #41 of 63563/15/11 at 9:09ampost #42 of 63563/15/11 at 9:20ampost #43 of 63563/15/11 at 1:17pmpost #44 of 63563/15/11 at 1:29pmQuote:
lol it doesn't get that hot. It doesn't get that cold in the Bay Area so my amp is just hot enough to keep the room a little warmer. My LC3 does run hot though since the tubes are inside such a small area.post #45 of 63563/15/11 at 1:58pm
When you try to convince your twinsister that the Cowon D2 with Shure e2c's will blow her iPod away in all fronts, even with the same mp3's! The Shure e2c's are not high end at all, not even mid end but I started my foray into better quality listening by using that combo.
At least I was able to pursuade my twinsister in accepting my Cowon D2 as a gift with the Shure IEM's and she can't stop talking about it to her friends.
Also another one: when you try to convince people that actually sit down with a glass of wine and listen and feel the music instead of only "hearing" it in "background" mode. When I explain people that I actually sit/lie down on my couch with my Cowon D2/Shure E530 to listen to music without doing anything else, they look up weirdly sometimes. I do the same with my B&W 7 series speaker system. Others prefer watching TV, I prefer listening to music.
The thing is though: enjoying music can be done with the cheapest gear or the most expensive gear. The goal should be to enjoy the music and not move it to the background while doing other things. Active listening instead of passive hearing.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Mr Speakers Ether 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Gonig electrostatic 2 minutes ago
- › Ortofon E-Q5 (Free Shipping) 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › cables are placebo 6 minutes ago
- › Any good over ear headphones that are portable? 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)