when you cant stop spending on useless gears just for the heck of curiosity
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 63563/14/11 at 11:56pmpost #33 of 63563/15/11 at 4:20ampost #34 of 63563/15/11 at 4:40ampost #35 of 63563/15/11 at 5:20ampost #36 of 63563/15/11 at 6:03ampost #37 of 63563/15/11 at 6:15am
I don't think that you can know what you are, but you can know what you were. I know I was a (pseudo)audiophile when I reverted all the way back to cassettes and replaced them DT880 with HD215's.post #38 of 63563/15/11 at 8:20am
Hmm.. not sure whether you really meant this..
I buy headhphones because I want enjoy music. Will try to discover flaws before purchase though, but thats to be done on the headphones, not the music.Quote:post #39 of 63563/15/11 at 8:56ampost #40 of 63563/15/11 at 8:59amUmm.... When your friend lets you see his/her ipod or mp3 and you secretly change the EQ settings???
or mabye when you go to someones house and change the sound settings on their computer and TV??post #41 of 63563/15/11 at 9:09ampost #42 of 63563/15/11 at 9:20ampost #43 of 63563/15/11 at 1:17pmpost #44 of 63563/15/11 at 1:29pmQuote:
lol it doesn't get that hot. It doesn't get that cold in the Bay Area so my amp is just hot enough to keep the room a little warmer. My LC3 does run hot though since the tubes are inside such a small area.post #45 of 63563/15/11 at 1:58pm
When you try to convince your twinsister that the Cowon D2 with Shure e2c's will blow her iPod away in all fronts, even with the same mp3's! The Shure e2c's are not high end at all, not even mid end but I started my foray into better quality listening by using that combo.
At least I was able to pursuade my twinsister in accepting my Cowon D2 as a gift with the Shure IEM's and she can't stop talking about it to her friends.
Also another one: when you try to convince people that actually sit down with a glass of wine and listen and feel the music instead of only "hearing" it in "background" mode. When I explain people that I actually sit/lie down on my couch with my Cowon D2/Shure E530 to listen to music without doing anything else, they look up weirdly sometimes. I do the same with my B&W 7 series speaker system. Others prefer watching TV, I prefer listening to music.
The thing is though: enjoying music can be done with the cheapest gear or the most expensive gear. The goal should be to enjoy the music and not move it to the background while doing other things. Active listening instead of passive hearing.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Best live recordings 40 seconds ago
- › Portable on-ear for use on daily commute 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 21 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)