when you cant stop spending on useless gears just for the heck of curiosity
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 63563/14/11 at 11:56pmpost #33 of 63563/15/11 at 4:20ampost #34 of 63563/15/11 at 4:40ampost #35 of 63563/15/11 at 5:20ampost #36 of 63563/15/11 at 6:03am
When you cannot go into a electronics market whithout having to analyze every headphone/Iem and criticalyze them, because the store was not having anything on high end...post #37 of 63563/15/11 at 6:15am
I don't think that you can know what you are, but you can know what you were. I know I was a (pseudo)audiophile when I reverted all the way back to cassettes and replaced them DT880 with HD215's.post #38 of 63563/15/11 at 8:20am
Hmm.. not sure whether you really meant this..
I buy headhphones because I want enjoy music. Will try to discover flaws before purchase though, but thats to be done on the headphones, not the music.Quote:post #39 of 63563/15/11 at 8:56ampost #40 of 63563/15/11 at 8:59amUmm.... When your friend lets you see his/her ipod or mp3 and you secretly change the EQ settings???
or mabye when you go to someones house and change the sound settings on their computer and TV??post #41 of 63563/15/11 at 9:09ampost #42 of 63563/15/11 at 9:20ampost #43 of 63563/15/11 at 1:17pmpost #44 of 63563/15/11 at 1:29pmQuote:
lol it doesn't get that hot. It doesn't get that cold in the Bay Area so my amp is just hot enough to keep the room a little warmer. My LC3 does run hot though since the tubes are inside such a small area.post #45 of 63563/15/11 at 1:58pm
When you try to convince your twinsister that the Cowon D2 with Shure e2c's will blow her iPod away in all fronts, even with the same mp3's! The Shure e2c's are not high end at all, not even mid end but I started my foray into better quality listening by using that combo.
At least I was able to pursuade my twinsister in accepting my Cowon D2 as a gift with the Shure IEM's and she can't stop talking about it to her friends.
Also another one: when you try to convince people that actually sit down with a glass of wine and listen and feel the music instead of only "hearing" it in "background" mode. When I explain people that I actually sit/lie down on my couch with my Cowon D2/Shure E530 to listen to music without doing anything else, they look up weirdly sometimes. I do the same with my B&W 7 series speaker system. Others prefer watching TV, I prefer listening to music.
The thing is though: enjoying music can be done with the cheapest gear or the most expensive gear. The goal should be to enjoy the music and not move it to the background while doing other things. Active listening instead of passive hearing.
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X3 & X5 USB Drivers (for Windows only) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › Marshall London - Audiophile smartphone 5 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 6 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Mint Audeze LCD-3 Fazor free shipping 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 9 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2