Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 18  

post #256 of 6356
Well not everyone knows what it means immediately which probably keeps him safe
post #257 of 6356

You know you're an audiophile when you look forward not to the events that you have planned in the day, but the travel or wait until they happen so you can listen to music (I do this everyday at school, not like I look forward to class though).

 

You know you're an audiophile when you've gotten half way to where you were going and realized you forgot your music player and turn around to go back for it (Yes, I've done this).

 

You know you're an audiophile when you spend any time you aren't supposed to be listening to music thinking about how much you would enjoy listening to your music instead of listening to whatever you're listening to. (I know, this totally made no sense...)


Edited by Mr. Morden - 4/9/11 at 10:58pm
post #258 of 6356

When you have fewer problems buying fire arms than a set of back ordered headphones.

post #259 of 6356

When your family decides to take a vacation to Hawaii and you think "Wow, I could get an awesome rig for that money"

When you're more excited about your favorite manufacturer coming out with a new headphone model than your favorite band coming out with a new album.

rolleyes.gif

post #260 of 6356

when you accidentally leave the house without picking up any IEM's to go with you then you realise you have 4 back up pairs in your bag you forgot were there.

post #261 of 6356

When you buy and sell about 10 IEM's that are worth >$150 in the last 2 months...


 

post #262 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Morden View Post

You know you're an audiophile when you look forward not to the events that you have planned in the day, but the travel or wait until they happen so you can listen to music (I do this everyday at school, not like I look forward to class though).

 

You know you're an audiophile when you've gotten half way to where you were going and realized you forgot your music player and turn around to go back for it (Yes, I've done this).

 

You know you're an audiophile when you spend any time you aren't supposed to be listening to music thinking about how much you would enjoy listening to your music instead of listening to whatever you're listening to. (I know, this totally made no sense...)



+1 no worries, this makes perfect sense.

 

post #263 of 6356
You quit clubbing and loud pubs to protect your hearing, and if you must go, you sit and contemplate using customs inside the club to reduce the intense amount of decibels you're exposed to.

When you've given your girlfriend an IEM for one birthday, and the following year a pair of Grados and expect her to be estatic.

When instead of studying for your finals you're busy learning how to solder your own cables.

When instead of using your small windfall of extra cash to go on a beautiful island adventure, you're thinking of buying that amp you don't need or another pair of customs which you really don't need.

When you consider selling your brand new active speakers, to buy passive speakers JUST so you can DIY a tube amp to pair it with.
post #264 of 6356

... when you start hungrily looking around the room for things to sell on eBay to finance your next audio purchase.

post #265 of 6356
When you put off homework and studying to come here and post about it making you an audiophile
post #266 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by sml1226 View Post

When you put off homework and studying to come here and post about it making you an audiophile
 


Right here. Staring at 3 days of math......

 

post #267 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post




Right here. Staring at 3 days of math......

 


staring at an exam tomorrow... ಠ_ಠ

 

post #268 of 6356
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintkeat View Post


When you've given your girlfriend an IEM for one birthday, and the following year a pair of Grados and expect her to be estatic.

When instead of studying for your finals you're busy learning how to solder your own cables.
 


Done those!  Except it hasn't been the following year with my gf yet...  I also got damn good with using Cardas quad bigsmile_face.gif

 

post #269 of 6356

You know you're an audiophile when you've spent 1/2 of your grant on IEM's and related materials.  I guess I'll wait till next summer to buy that laptop :)

post #270 of 6356

when you are thoroughly pleased with your current set up, but feel crappy everytime you come back here realizing how much better sound can get. HOW CAN IT, IT ALREADY SOUNDS GLORIOUS!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...