debatable indeed.. everybody starts somewhere, even if it's stock earbuds of whatever player you bought ^^
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Klipsch X10 Last post on 9/2/12 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass as same as nuforce ne-6/7.. Last post on 8/22/12 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 13post #181 of 63563/21/11 at 5:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 63563/21/11 at 6:59ampost #183 of 63563/21/11 at 7:49amQuote:Originally Posted by sml1226Quote:
I've been doing that for years... long before I even considered a quest for higher quality audio or anything of the "audiophile" variety. Have I really been one this whole time and not known it
Yeap!!post #184 of 63563/21/11 at 9:30ampost #185 of 63563/21/11 at 9:52am
...you're at a music store at one of the listening booths with some abused Koss headphones and your friends happen to be in the same store that day. When they see you they ask you what you're listening to and you reply "I'm seeing how these headphones sound."post #186 of 63563/21/11 at 9:58amQuote:
lol i can relate to this. You begin to listen to the detail of the headphone rather than the musicpost #187 of 63563/21/11 at 10:00ampost #188 of 63563/21/11 at 11:37ampost #189 of 63563/21/11 at 12:41pmpost #190 of 63563/21/11 at 1:02pmpost #191 of 63563/21/11 at 1:51pm
I'm doing this in this moment too...
maybe this spring is the audiphile headphones buying spring!.....Quote:by glasslikeSkipping lectures because you heard your headphones could be delivered any moment (currently doing this)post #192 of 63563/21/11 at 3:42pmpost #193 of 63563/21/11 at 3:47pmpost #194 of 63563/21/11 at 4:10pmpost #195 of 63563/21/11 at 8:50pm
how many audiophiles does it take to change a lightbulb?
one to fit the bulb
one more to say its too bright [or too warm]
one to A/B the cables with a http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/25964
one more to bring his NOS lightbulb
This thread is locked
- You know you're an audiophile when...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 seconds ago
- › Best Orthodynamic for Gaming/Music under $1000 26 seconds ago
- › Double Amping 29 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 31 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 31 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 48 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)