Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 11  

post #151 of 6356

When the first time I put on PX200 and found it's better than any other headphones that I've ever used, however, it's still not as good as I expected

post #152 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by skerry2006aj View Post

you know you're an audiophile when you are watching TV, with your girlfriend, and when an promo for a car that costs 400.000$ shows up, she says "with that money i could buy a house!".... and you say "with that money i could buy the best rig in the world!".... and then you get slapped,but you keep dreaming about that rig...



LOL. Shes thinking about family. 

Audio > Family.. LOL good one

post #153 of 6356

When you think going blind would be inconvenient, but going deaf would be the end of the world.

post #154 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by sferic View Post

When you think going blind would be inconvenient, but going deaf would be the end of the world.


nope, not by a long shot

post #155 of 6356

when you visit head-fi, everyday.

post #156 of 6356

Dude. What hath this forum done to you? LOL darthsmile.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skerry2006aj View Post

you know you're an audiophile when you are watching TV, with your girlfriend, and when an promo for a car that costs 400.000$ shows up, she says "with that money i could buy a house!".... and you say "with that money i could buy the best rig in the world!".... and then you get slapped,but you keep dreaming about that rig...



 

post #157 of 6356

...Probably won't hear the difference between a Clearaudio w/ some jade cart and a Realistic with a Shure cart. Even with that money.

post #158 of 6356
When your equalizer isn't completely maxed on every band.

When your spectrum analyzer isn't topped out on every band

When your VU meter isn't burying the needle

When you will pause your nice loud stereo to leave the room (that you can hear in the room you're going to) just because you know the soundstage will go out on you while you're walking away

When you refuse to listen to your favorite song because someone is offering you an earbud

When you realize $$≠SQ (but it does help most of the time)
Edited by sml1226 - 3/19/11 at 7:47pm
post #159 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by sml1226 View Post

When your equalizer isn't completely maxed on every band.

When your spectrum analyzer isn't topped out on every band

When your VU meter isn't burying the needle

When you will pause your nice loud stereo to leave the room (that you can hear in the room you're going to) just because you know the soundstage will go out on you while you're walking away

When you refuse to listen to your favorite song because someone is offering you an earbud

When you realize $$≠SQ (but it does help most of the time)


I tot true audiophile don't use EQ lol

Listen to the music the way its suppose to sound

 

post #160 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecterJin View Post




I tot true audiophile don't use EQ lol

Listen to the music the way its suppose to sound

 


Yeah, but sometimes your equipment can't get to that sound without assistance so you help it get to the sound the producer intended. I'm almost always flat unless I have really, really "warm" speakers (just because I don't want to call them bad at doing HF on their own) in which case I use an EQ to balance it out a bit.
post #161 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecterJin View Post




I tot true audiophile don't use EQ lol

Listen to the music the way its suppose to sound

 

Not true at all. I EQ almost everything. Most people don't know how to EQ well so they ignore it and dismiss others who do it.

 

Although right now I'm doing my best not to EQ my SM3 and am trying get more used to it.
 

 

post #162 of 6356
I supposed audiophiles do not use eq because additional eq units add on additional electronics in the signal path which is undesirable. I do remember there are some very hi end units like cello palette that is a eq preamp itself.
post #163 of 6356

When you listen to music... only, without doing something else.

post #164 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuralRelations View Post

When someone auditions your rig and says, "It sounds OK." and you make this face:

ANGER.png



LMFAO, This just made my day

 

You know you are an audiophile when you read all the post here and laugh to yourself

post #165 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by walfredo View Post

When you listen to music... only, without doing something else.


I've been doing that for years... long before I even considered a quest for higher quality audio or anything of the "audiophile" variety. Have I really been one this whole time and not known it smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...