Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 71  

post #1051 of 6356
Why not lol.
post #1052 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post




Except that you Dutch guys are so tall that I had to stand on my tippy-toes just to pee into the urinal. But you're right--the Netherlands have very clean public toilets. Not to mention the etched picture of a fly in the urinals that helps ones aim. ;-)

 

Yes, those flies are something I always miss when going to other countries. biggrin.gif

And in my opinion the height of Dutch urinals is normal. When I go to e.g. France I have to bend my legs because it's otherwise way to low.
post #1053 of 6356

I have a Dutch teacher who currently resides here.

 

He's quite tall.

 

I wonder if he does drugs .... I heard weed's legal in Amsterdam (from Harold and Kumar)
 

 

L3000.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Yes, those flies are something I always miss when going to other countries. biggrin.gif

And in my opinion the height of Dutch urinals is normal. When I go to e.g. France I have to bend my legs because it's otherwise way to low.


 

post #1054 of 6356
Phew, I'm not an audiophile. I've never upgraded ever since landing on Headfi, I've never looked at newer specs, never studied my next purchase options for weeks on end, never spent a penny, so that I only have a bag or rice or pasta left to eat, never, never and I have told myself that if I ever did purchase another headphone, it would be my last ever item.

Honestly, [cough] [cough]
post #1055 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkat View Post

 

I wonder if he does drugs .... I heard weed's legal in Amsterdam (from Harold and Kumar)
 

 



That actually is kind of true

 

You can go to the "cafe's" and order some. But you can't bring it buy a large amount and the cafe can't hold or deal certain amounts. It's a very strict system that works out well.

 

my $0.02

post #1056 of 6356

We hang foreigners for bringing in drugs, here.

We hang our citizens too, but usually the people bringing in drugs are those scammed by the Nigerians, 

syndicates, etc. lol.

 

:s
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BotByte View Post

That actually is kind of true

 

You can go to the "cafe's" and order some. But you can't bring it buy a large amount and the cafe can't hold or deal certain amounts. It's a very strict system that works out well.

 

my $0.02



 

post #1057 of 6356
It's not only Amsterdam, it's the entire Netherlands where you can buy weed.
You can do it from age 16 onwards, and it's restricted to licensed coffee shops. (most coffee shops in the Netherlands don't even sell coffee)

The good thing about legalizing is the following: you can demand tax for it, shops can only sell limited amounts to a single customer, and you can assure the quality.
The weird thing is though, coffee shops are allowed to sell weed, but not allowed to buy it. Producing it is also illegal.
There is still a lot of illegal drug trafficking, but it's a lot less than in countries where it's completely illegal.
post #1058 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

It's not only Amsterdam, it's the entire Netherlands where you can buy weed.
You can do it from age 16 onwards, and it's restricted to licensed coffee shops. (most coffee shops in the Netherlands don't even sell coffee)

The good thing about legalizing is the following: you can demand tax for it, shops can only sell limited amounts to a single customer, and you can assure the quality.
The weird thing is though, coffee shops are allowed to sell weed, but not allowed to buy it. Producing it is also illegal.
There is still a lot of illegal drug trafficking, but it's a lot less than in countries where it's completely illegal.


I've got a "Green card" which allows me to have the stuff, but then my state doesn't allow legal sale of it. Quite a screwed up system, huh?

 

post #1059 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


You can do it from age 16 onwards, and it's restricted to licensed coffee shops. (most coffee shops in the Netherlands don't even sell coffee)
 


It makes looking for an actual cup of coffee a real problem someitmes! blink.gifcool.gif

 

 

post #1060 of 6356

They do serve coffee in Cafe houses just not in Coffeeshops.

But I think that they're doing neither of that here--Not Listening to the Doors (on headphones or no) nor are they drinking coffee. :O

 

doors bulldog.jpg

post #1061 of 6356


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

It's not only Amsterdam, it's the entire Netherlands where you can buy weed.
You can do it from age 16 onwards, and it's restricted to licensed coffee shops. (most coffee shops in the Netherlands don't even sell coffee)

The good thing about legalizing is the following: you can demand tax for it, shops can only sell limited amounts to a single customer, and you can assure the quality.
The weird thing is though, coffee shops are allowed to sell weed, but not allowed to buy it. Producing it is also illegal.
There is still a lot of illegal drug trafficking, but it's a lot less than in countries where it's completely illegal.
 
o.O16!
I don't know where you live in the Netherlands but you have to be 18 to buy weed legally.
Maybe i should move near youdevil_face.gif
Oh and too keep this threat relevant:U know when you're an audiophile when you are so eager to let ur friends know that there are better choises than Beats(value for money wise)that u keep on bringing ur HD 518 too school to WOW their minds(SQ wise)


 


Edited by Great Sound - 9/13/11 at 2:21pm
post #1062 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Sound View Post

o.O16!
I don't know where you live in the Netherlands but you have to be 18 to buy weed legally.
Maybe i should move near you devil_face.gif
Oh and too keep this threat relevant:U know when you're an audiophile when you are so eager to let ur friends know that there are better choises than Beats(value for money wise)that u keep on bringing ur HD 518 too school to WOW their minds(SQ wise)
Hmmm, it might be 18 on second note :P

Many people my age (I'm 16) I know have tried it at least once, and from what I hear you can just go in a coffeeshop when you're 16. They don't particularly care about your age, only about your money.

Same thing goes for selling beer; I went to bars sometimes when I was 14 and drank beer. None of the staff cared; a customer is a customer, especially considering how much effort it would take to check everyones ID in a conspicuous looking group. And the chance that they get caught is extremely slim.


PS: Please don't quote like that. It's annoying and confusing to read. Posting your message after or before the quotation greatly improves readability!

Edited by Tilpo - 9/13/11 at 2:49pm
post #1063 of 6356

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkat View Post

You sit on the toilet bowl?!

 



 


My first thought was you must not be from the US and from reading the rest of the thread it looks like I was correct. I was traveling in SE Asia for a month and all the squat toilets drove me absolutely flipping crazy.

 

post #1064 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post
Hmmm, it might be 18 on second note :P

Many people my age (I'm 16) I know have tried it at least once, and from what I hear you can just go in a coffeeshop when you're 16. They don't particularly care about your age, only about your money.

Same thing goes for selling beer; I went to bars sometimes when I was 14 and drank beer. None of the staff cared; a customer is a customer, especially considering how much effort it would take to check everyones ID in a conspicuous looking group. And the chance that they get caught is extremely slim.

 

Well last month I was at a bar in Leiden which is just south of Amsterdam and the Bartender who served us drinks was 17 years old. He must have been the owner's son.
 

 

post #1065 of 6356

I have friends who have been working In bars since they were about 14,
Apparently it doesn't matter, because if they stuff up, its on the duty manager anyway, who is the person who carries the liquor licence.
In saying that, I'm not sure how legal it is, I talked to a policeman about it, and he said that he had never heard about it being a problem

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...