Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you're an audiophile when... - Page 8  

post #106 of 6356

...when you use your car battery as a power source for some components of your hifi:)

 

PA

post #107 of 6356

When if in public, you ever see a pair of headphones that you don't recognize, you just have to find out what they are.

And then you post about them in the "Headphone Sightings" thread mentioned earlier in this thread.

 

When you do countless hours of research learning about all of the different high-end headphones out there.

And when you research a certain set of 'phones to the extent that you think you know everything about how they sound without even listening to them yet.

 

Oh; and finally, you know you're an audiophile when you're posting here o.o..

post #108 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveManta View Post

When you do countless hours of research learning about all of the different high-end headphones out there.

And when you research a certain set of 'phones to the extent that you think you know everything about how they sound without even listening to them yet.

 


THIS. hahaha...

 

post #109 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveManta View Post

When you do countless hours of research learning about all of the different high-end headphones out there.

And when you research a certain set of 'phones to the extent that you think you know everything about how they sound without even listening to them yet.

 

...you get them, and they sound exactly like you thought they would.

post #110 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br777 View Post

...you get them, and they sound exactly like you thought they would.

 

Er, my expectations are WAY too high then!


Edited by Katun - 3/16/11 at 7:51pm
post #111 of 6356

you know you're an Audiophile...

you know youve lost it completely when...you've ordered an $1800 portable headphone rig, which youve never even heard. It still hasnt even been released, and youve decided that its absolutely necessary to upgrade it with at least one $600 component.

 


Edited by Br777 - 3/16/11 at 9:38pm
post #112 of 6356

When you read an entire thread like this.

post #113 of 6356

You get that brand new pair of $1000 headphones, excitedly put them on with your favorite flac recording, you are just amazed at how wonderful they sound!

 

happy_face1.gif

normal_smile%20.gif

blink.gif

Then you begin to think to yourself, maybe that other pair of $1000 headphones just may sound better...

confused.gif

post #114 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

You get that brand new pair of $1000 headphones, excitedly put them on with your favorite flac recording, you are just amazed at how wonderful they sound!

 

happy_face1.gif

normal_smile%20.gif

blink.gif

Then you begin to think to yourself, maybe that other pair of $1000 headphones just may sound better...

confused.gif


That happens with every single headphone I buy, regardless of price. redface.gif

post #115 of 6356
Quote:

Originally Posted by Br777 View Post

 

when you spend more time fiddling with the equalizer than you do listening to music

 

 

 

Haha, dude.. all the time.
 

 

post #116 of 6356

You start talking to your audio equipment like it's another person...

 

Not full-on convo, but stuff like, "Oh, that's where you were, headphones!"

post #117 of 6356

when you start dreaming about owning some hypothetical headphones and amps that are a lot better than your current setup.

post #118 of 6356

You plug your $150 headphone into your $1000 laptop and there's no sound and you're relieved that it's a problem with your laptop and not your headphone.

post #119 of 6356

youd rather break a bone than break your headphones, because breaking a bone costs less and bones heal. headphones dont

post #120 of 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenike View Post

You start talking to your audio equipment like it's another person...

 

Not full-on convo, but stuff like, "Oh, that's where you were, headphones!"



That does happen from time to time, and my headphones seem to like me being pleasant to them, they always sound good in return biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › You know you're an audiophile when...