Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) - Page 369

post #5521 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidogio View Post

I dismissed your comment, and then you dismissed mine by saying I have no rights to state something, doing exactly what you accuse me of having no rights to do/say.

I find it quite amusing.

Admittedly I should've presented my argument with some solid evidence and more articulation, but I tend not to take seriously someone using terms such as "orchestral progstep".
I didn't dismiss it, I just said it was utterly ridiculous from my views. Do you even listen to edm?
post #5522 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidogio View Post


I dismissed your comment, and then you dismissed mine by saying I have no rights to state something, doing exactly what you accuse me of having no rights to do/say.

I find it quite amusing.

Admittedly I should've presented my argument with some solid evidence and more articulation, but I tend not to take seriously someone using terms such as "orchestral progstep".

Can you post more pictures of your cat. It looks adorable (your profile pic)... :)

post #5523 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

Can you post more pictures of your cat. It looks adorable (your profile pic)... smily_headphones1.gif
lol! That is so random! Yes, please us with kitty!
post #5524 of 5699

New Varien and SirensCeol collab. The vocals are pretty freaking dreamy.... anyone else know of songs with amazing vocals like this?

 

post #5525 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundPon3 View Post
 

New Varien and SirensCeol collab. The vocals are pretty freaking dreamy.... anyone else know of songs with amazing vocals like this?

 

Great vocals in electronic music are a bit of a rarity a lot of the time. A lot of the singers working in the business... ugh. Anyway, here are some quick grabs from my electronic music playlist on YouTube. I've most likely posted most of these in this thread somewhere down the line. Too lazy to actually start browsing my library because that would take a day and a half.

 

Trax (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #5526 of 5699
I like Tristam's vocals, they're pretty good.
post #5527 of 5699

Can anyone recommend some tracks with synth guitar and a catchy happy feeling like Daft Punk - Digital Love?

post #5528 of 5699

Holy.... The elitism to the "I listen to only underground artists" is pathetic. I love me some Mutrix and Terravita (not too big names), but I'll be damned if Skrillex's new album isn't really good, as well as Zomboys new track is alright! Music should be enjoyed if it suits your taste, and not if 3,000,000 other people love it and rave by it. I concur, the Skrillex audience isn't of the most intelligent, however, he is in insanely talented artist that so many people look down on him simply because he's popular.

post #5529 of 5699
I literally, only have enjoyed 3 skrillex songs. He has a terrible bad to good song ratio, and as such I don't even bother with him. I listened to his new album.. Ugh. He gets a crap ton of credit for an album, yet people who are better than him get almost none? That's something that's pathetic. Me saying that I only listen to underground (exception of monstercat. Those guys are just great.) isn't pathetic. Giving an artist who doesn't deserve that much credit is. Imo, if he deserves 60 million listens on some of his tracks, doesn't all of the other artists that are as good, (and, imo better) deserve at least 10 million? That's my argument.
post #5530 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundPon3 View Post

New Varien and SirensCeol collab. The vocals are pretty freaking dreamy.... anyone else know of songs with amazing vocals like this?


Have you heard of Bijou?
post #5531 of 5699

What If I told you - Fytch/Dubstep

post #5532 of 5699

 

Mastering on this particularly excellent on planar cans..excellent micro-detail on my Fostex T50's......only MP3 lower rate above though

post #5533 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

I literally, only have enjoyed 3 skrillex songs. He has a terrible bad to good song ratio, and as such I don't even bother with him. I listened to his new album.. Ugh. He gets a crap ton of credit for an album, yet people who are better than him get almost none? That's something that's pathetic. Me saying that I only listen to underground (exception of monstercat. Those guys are just great.) isn't pathetic. Giving an artist who doesn't deserve that much credit is. Imo, if he deserves 60 million listens on some of his tracks, doesn't all of the other artists that are as good, (and, imo better) deserve at least 10 million? That's my argument.

Skrillex started with nothing. It was time and success that made him famous. Thing is, back then, there wasn't as much competition and now every man and his dog is producing electronic music. He's got a fan base and just got in there. The music industry is like that. A lot of the time, it isn't just how good your music is

post #5534 of 5699
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


I didn't dismiss it, I just said it was utterly ridiculous from my views. Do you even listen to edm?
 
hah, since before you kids started calling it EDM, which btw is an empty word used for marketing purposes.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaj8james View Post
 

Holy.... The elitism to the "I listen to only underground artists" is pathetic. I love me some Mutrix and Terravita (not too big names), but I'll be damned if Skrillex's new album isn't really good, as well as Zomboys new track is alright! Music should be enjoyed if it suits your taste, and not if 3,000,000 other people love it and rave by it. I concur, the Skrillex audience isn't of the most intelligent, however, he is in insanely talented artist that so many people look down on him simply because he's popular.

 

pin-pointing someone's intelligence due to their music taste?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

I literally, only have enjoyed 3 skrillex songs. He has a terrible bad to good song ratio, and as such I don't even bother with him. I listened to his new album.. Ugh. He gets a crap ton of credit for an album, yet people who are better than him get almost none? That's something that's pathetic. Me saying that I only listen to underground (exception of monstercat. Those guys are just great.) isn't pathetic. Giving an artist who doesn't deserve that much credit is. Imo, if he deserves 60 million listens on some of his tracks, doesn't all of the other artists that are as good, (and, imo better) deserve at least 10 million? That's my argument.

 

in order to do so you need a general knowledge of the context in which these artists operate, and how past-present artists have influenced each other.  
I don't think you do, probably because of your young age (reading your posts, taking the terms you use, profile pic and music you enjoy in consideration I would assume you're fairly young).

 

what if I told you you are doing exactly the same in giving too much credit to someone who doesn't deserve it at all?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundPon3 View Post
 

Thing is, back then, there wasn't as much competition and now every man and his dog is producing electronic music. He's got a fan base and just got in there. The music industry is like that. A lot of the time, it isn't just how good your music is

 

back then? you mean when 25+ years ago when house techno and their derivatives were created? you really think skrillex or any of those "artists" invented anything?

 

 

EDM is just a corporate ploy for big, commercial, pop dance music. all the so called underground "artists" you guys are posting/referring to are a mere emanation of the cool hip "thing" that is EDM now, it has nothing of "underground" , which by definition should evoke a counter-cultural aspect to what the general consensus is. 

 

This is the well known and inevitable process of the music industry misappropriating music and monetizing on sub-cultures: A Tribe Called Quest and and Black Eyed Peas are hiphop. The clash and Greenday are punk. Ron Hardy and David Guetta are house. John Coltrane and Kenny G are jazz. 

 

 

*sighs*

 

 


if you talked to the average guy in midwest America and said that techno was first made by black guys in Detroit, then they'd probably laugh at you.

Or in the UK they might think it's Sasha and Digweed.

Or that Skrillex invented dubstep.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

Can you post more pictures of your cat. It looks adorable (your profile pic)... :)

 

 

I'll do better and post my real cat:

 


Edited by acidogio - 5/19/14 at 8:45am
post #5535 of 5699
Hello? I listen to 70's-80's pop/rock and 40's big band too! Its half my music library! There has been electronic since the 70's I realize, yes... And I love Kenny g. Lossless WAV files of most of his songs. Yes, I am 15... But I know what's good and what isn't. Omnitica? He deserves more than he's gotten. He is awesome. You are very wise, I'll give you that, but some of what you say I have to kindly disagree with. You have gained my respect sir.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)