Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) - Page 367

post #5491 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

I showed my sister some of my music after she said she loves the song animals, and she said my music was stupid and boring... Nightfall by Rogue? Boring? Wtf?? And animals isn't? That song sucks major eggs. Its so bad its not even funny. How is that crap good to her ears?? I think its just because he is young, she thinks he's hot, and its popular because he is young and appealing to teen girls.

Whether or not someone likes or dislikes a song is their subjective opinion. Nightfall and Animals are two completely different songs. Animals is a 128bpm Big Room Electro House track, and Nightfall is a 110bpm Glitch hop track. Also why do you think that song is bad? I would recommend watching parts of this video of Martin Garrix recounting how he made Animals. Your sister might think that but I doubt that a song that topped beatport for weeks did so because the artist was young and appealing to teen girls.

 

Anyways, a few songs I have been listening to lately.

 

post #5492 of 5696
What hardcore edm listener uses beatport? And more importantly, she went on and on about his hotness... And more importantly, what is beatport lol? I only use soundcloud... And I've showed her many house artists, etc. I tried showing her some more hardcore edm, but the only artist she likes? Skrillex. She only listens to things on the radio... That describes teenagers in America right there.
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 5/14/14 at 11:39am
post #5493 of 5696
Soundcloud is pretty good for streaming, but that's about it. Beatport has the support of a large majority of the most popular electronic artists, but it's more expensive than I would like. Bandcamp is my personal favorite because it has great streaming, downloads are available in pretty much any format you want (without paying extra for FLAC), and artists are given a lot of freedom over pricing for their stuff, "pay what you want" is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, it's less popular than both Soundcloud and Beatport.
post #5494 of 5696
Yeah, I've used band camp. Its great.
post #5495 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

^ implying blossom by Au5 is better than nightfall by rogue. :P
I can't say it is, but if she's looking for "fun" then that might be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

Anyone here like Televisor, and Nu Disco in general?
The only Nu Disco I like is Canvas by Rezonate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

What hardcore edm listener uses beatport? And more importantly, she went on and on about his hotness... And more importantly, what is beatport lol? I only use soundcloud... And I've showed her many house artists, etc. I tried showing her some more hardcore edm, but the only artist she likes? Skrillex. She only listens to things on the radio... That describes teenagers in America right there.
Yup. The state of US society right now.
I hate people who listen to EDM 'cause it's cool. I mean, we're probably the select few who get dem feels when needed.
post #5496 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

What hardcore edm listener uses beatport? And more importantly, she went on and on about his hotness... And more importantly, what is beatport lol? I only use soundcloud... And I've showed her many house artists, etc. I tried showing her some more hardcore edm, but the only artist she likes? Skrillex. She only listens to things on the radio... That describes teenagers in America right there.

Lol, Beatport is an online music store that specializes in electronic music. It is also the website that almost every dj uses to purchase music. Oftentimes Beatport is the only place to purchase a lossless copy of a digital only release. I also use bandcamp but you can't compare beatport's electronic music selection to bandcamp's. Bandcamp is alright for finding new electronic artists but most successful artists do not use it. I wish more successful artists would use bandcamp though... because bandcamp does not charge lossless upgrade fees. Pretty much every hardcore edm listener uses beatport. I would consider myself an aficionado of electronic music and I use beatport. I remember you saying not to long ago that you didn't understand why people liked house music, why then were you showing her house artists? and what exactly makes an artist hardcore to you? I listen to music nobody else I know has ever heard of, that doesn't make me better than someone who listens to a more popular artist or someone that listens to the radio. 

 

Also I quite enjoy listening to IDM/Nu Disco too. Televisor is one of my favorite artists off monstercat. Some other good Nu Disco artists are Breakbot, Mr Oizo, and Boys Noize makes some great Nu Disco tracks.


Edited by chuckle490 - 5/14/14 at 2:11pm
post #5497 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckle490 View Post

Lol, Beatport is an online music store that specializes in electronic music. It is also the website that almost every dj uses to purchase music. Oftentimes Beatport is the only place to purchase a lossless copy of a digital only release. I also use bandcamp but you can't compare beatport's electronic music selection to bandcamp's. Bandcamp is alright for finding new electronic artists but most successful artists do not use it. I wish more successful artists would use bandcamp though... because bandcamp does not charge lossless upgrade fees. Pretty much every hardcore edm listener uses beatport. I would consider myself an aficionado of electronic music and I use beatport. I remember you saying not to long ago that you didn't understand why people liked house music, why then were you showing her house artists? and what exactly makes an artist hardcore to you? I listen to music nobody else I know has ever heard of, that doesn't make me better than someone who listens to a more popular artist or someone that listens to the radio. 

Also I quite enjoy listening to IDM/Nu Disco too. Televisor is one of my favorite artists off monstercat. Some other good Nu Disco artists are Breakbot, Mr Oizo, and Boys Noize makes some great Nu Disco tracks.
I prefer underground and obscure artists... Like Masamune, Moxix, and Omnitica. My three favorites, and only 12,000 followers between the three on soundcloud. I probably wouldn't like beatport if its what I think it is: a torrent of mainstream garbage and good, but overplayed songs. The only reason I was showing her house music is because she likes animals, so why wouldn't she enjoy some other house songs?... Now, granted, I don't listen to it myself, but I asked a few guys for some decent house songs.
post #5498 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


I prefer underground and obscure artists... Like Masamune, Moxix, and Omnitica. My three favorites, and only 12,000 followers between the three on soundcloud. I probably wouldn't like beatport if its what I think it is: a torrent of mainstream garbage and good, but overplayed songs. The only reason I was showing her house music is because she likes animals, so why wouldn't she enjoy some other house songs?... Now, granted, I don't listen to it myself, but I asked a few guys for some decent house songs.

Why can't you like both popular artists and obscure artists? Lots of people do, including myself. Seriously dude, just go to beatport.com and discover it for yourself. They have everything. Animals is an electro house song. When you say house music I assume you mean house music, such as this or this, not electro. If she likes animals she would probably like most of the other songs spinnin' records releases.

post #5499 of 5696

So I'm totally new to these styles of music, but I'm eating it up right now.  I thought Daft Punk was electronic and I enjoy it.  Then I kept seeing Recess on iTunes as a top seller.  I finally broke down and bought it and fell totally in love with it.  From there I was poking around on iTunes more and liked the Skrillex mixes of Benny Benassi "Cinema" and Nero "Promises"  Tonight I found this thread. About 6 or 7 pages back I clicked on a Soundcloud link (in post #5437) to DiamondEyes's stream and LOVE the track a couple down - "Bring Me The Horizon: Can You Feel My Heart" Remix.  I also liked the heavy bass chill step track in post #5411.  Then I get to this page and start checking out some of the download sites and land in Beatport.  I found a track by Stonebank called Eagle Eyes that I like.  So how can you all help me broaden my dubstep horizons.  I don't want to be hated and chased out of here because I found this music via Skrillex.  I have a genuine interest now and want to get some recommendations based on my "likes" posted here.  My favorite Skrillex songs are Ease My Mind, Dirty Vibe and Summit.  This morning I also started to like Kyoto.  I don't listen to radio at all and aside from what's popular on iTunes leading me to discoveries, I don't base my tastes on what's popular.  I like what I like and that's that.  If I see something is popular I give it a chance, and in this case, opened a door to a new world that I'm excited to explore.

 

Thanks for reading and any advice you can offer!

post #5500 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

What hardcore edm listener uses beatport? And more importantly, she went on and on about his hotness... And more importantly, what is beatport lol? I only use soundcloud... And I've showed her many house artists, etc. I tried showing her some more hardcore edm, but the only artist she likes? Skrillex. She only listens to things on the radio... That describes teenagers in America right there.

beatport

trackitdown (more expensive)

 

 is where I buy the overwhelming majority of my music. All I listen to is EDM. I would be surprised if you are a hard-core EDM listener and you did not use beatport.

post #5501 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

I showed my sister some of my music after she said she loves the song animals, and she said my music was stupid and boring... Nightfall by Rogue? Boring? Wtf?? And animals isn't? That song sucks major eggs. Its so bad its not even funny. How is that crap good to her ears?? I think its just because he is young, she thinks he's hot, and its popular because he is young and appealing to teen girls.

Are you honestly me? I showed my sister a song that I liked (I think it was From the dust or something) and she said it was boring. She then talks about how good animals is. I'm sorry but a kick drum and a preset melody isn't boring, yet rouge is? And that's why I've simply just given up

post #5502 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weee View Post

beatport
trackitdown (more expensive)

 is where I buy the overwhelming majority of my music. All I listen to is EDM. I would be surprised if you are a hard-core EDM listener and you did not use beatport.
I can find the same stuff on soundcloud... And more, since its a major music streaming service where anyone can upload. I've found 10+ awesome artists that are ONLY on soundcloud. I prefer underground artists. I can suggest them because not everyone has heard them, the ones I find are always very talented, and I love finding new artists everyday. I listen to so much edm its not even funny. And I have never even used beatport.
post #5503 of 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy98mtu View Post

So I'm totally new to these styles of music, but I'm eating it up right now.  I thought Daft Punk was electronic and I enjoy it.  Then I kept seeing Recess on iTunes as a top seller.  I finally broke down and bought it and fell totally in love with it.  From there I was poking around on iTunes more and liked the Skrillex mixes of Benny Benassi "Cinema" and Nero "Promises"  Tonight I found this thread. About 6 or 7 pages back I clicked on a Soundcloud link (in post #5437) to DiamondEyes's stream and LOVE the track a couple down - "Bring Me The Horizon: Can You Feel My Heart" Remix.  I also liked the heavy bass chill step track in post #5411.  Then I get to this page and start checking out some of the download sites and land in Beatport.  I found a track by Stonebank called Eagle Eyes that I like.  So how can you all help me broaden my dubstep horizons.  I don't want to be hated and chased out of here because I found this music via Skrillex.  I have a genuine interest now and want to get some recommendations based on my "likes" posted here.  My favorite Skrillex songs are Ease My Mind, Dirty Vibe and Summit.  This morning I also started to like Kyoto.  I don't listen to radio at all and aside from what's popular on iTunes leading me to discoveries, I don't base my tastes on what's popular.  I like what I like and that's that.  If I see something is popular I give it a chance, and in this case, opened a door to a new world that I'm excited to explore.

Thanks for reading and any advice you can offer!
Eagle Eyes was a Monstercat release, check Monstercat out, if you want. Please, don't say Skrillex is dubstep, and do t call every type of electronic "dubstep". Kyoto is by Dabin and it's Drum and Bass. Listen to Rogue or Tristam, maybe throw in some Dabin and Seven Lions for good measure. BTW, Daft Punk is like a Nu-Disco-y esque. (Sorry for the messy post.)
post #5504 of 5696
[/quote] dnb-dubstep-etc/5490#post_10548185"]So I'm totally new to these styles of music, but I'm eating it up right now. I thought Daft Punk was electronic and I enjoy it. Then I kept seeing Recess on iTunes as a top seller. I finally broke down and bought it and fell totally in love with it. From there I was poking around on iTunes more and liked the Skrillex mixes of Benny Benassi "Cinema" and Nero "Promises" Tonight I found this thread. About 6 or 7 pages back I clicked on a Soundcloud link (in post #5437) to DiamondEyes's stream and LOVE the track a couple down - "Bring Me The Horizon: Can You Feel My Heart" Remix. I also liked the heavy bass chill step track in post #5411. Then I get to this page and start checking out some of the download sites and land in Beatport. I found a track by Stonebank called Eagle Eyes that I like. So how can you all help me broaden my dubstep horizons. I don't want to be hated and chased out of here because I found this music via Skrillex. I have a genuine interest now and want to get some recommendations based on my "likes" posted here. My favorite Skrillex songs are Ease My Mind, Dirty Vibe and Summit. This morning I also started to like Kyoto. I don't listen to radio at all and aside from what's popular on iTunes leading me to discoveries, I don't base my tastes on what's popular. I like what I like and that's that. If I see something is popular I give it a chance, and in this case, opened a door to a new world that I'm excited to explore.

Thanks for reading and any advice you can offer!
[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundPon3 View Post

Are you honestly me? I showed my sister a song that I liked (I think it was From the dust or something) and she said it was boring. She then talks about how good animals is. I'm sorry but a kick drum and a preset melody isn't boring, yet rouge is? And that's why I've simply just given up
lol. That's exactly what its like for me!... And Randy, know the truth of Omnitica, Moxix, and Masamune. biggrin.gif https://soundcloud.com/omnitica https://soundcloud.com/masamunemusic https://soundcloud.com/moxix Moxix= hard Brostep, Omnitica= Progstep, and Masamune=... Some... Genre. I don't know. He is awesome. All I know it is very dark and gloomy. Listen to Straw Hat pirates by omnitica, Rage by Moxix, and Red Dragon by Masamune.
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 5/15/14 at 6:44am
post #5505 of 5696
Just act like that's in quotes because I'm too lazy to go back and change it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)