Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) - Page 359

post #5371 of 5745
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

I had no problem with skrillex's old style. It was decent, and his new style is decent, but all of his songs give off a sense of deja vu when listening to an entire album. Just a lack of creativity on his part. Too mainstream to have to work hard at music.
You must hate house music :P
post #5372 of 5745

 

Here's some jungle if you guys are into that

post #5373 of 5745
Quote:
Originally Posted by deciBel23 View Post

You must hate house music :P
... Pretty much. Just not a very well done genre. The house music I've heard is just the same melodies repeated for 3-5 minutes.
post #5374 of 5745
Quote:
Originally Posted by deciBel23 View Post


 
Here's some jungle if you guys are into that

Is that new? Love it, reminds me of...well, jungle. I didn't think anyone did that anymore
post #5375 of 5745
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


The house music I've heard is just the same melodies repeated for 3-5 minutes.

Welcome to house music. :tongue: Do you like Justice? Wait, that's a stupid question, everyone loves Justice.

post #5376 of 5745
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post


Is that new? Love it, reminds me of...well, jungle. I didn't think anyone did that anymore

Is June 2013 new? Unfortunately, the EP I linked was a one-off for that artist. That particular alias usually does hardcore DnB.

post #5377 of 5745
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

... Pretty much. Just not a very well done genre. The house music I've heard is just the same melodies repeated for 3-5 minutes.
What house music have you heard exactly? I know lots of people that would say the exact thing about dubstep.

I also quite enjoyed Recess.
post #5378 of 5745
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post


Is that new? Love it, reminds me of...well, jungle. I didn't think anyone did that anymore

Oh wait, I almost forgot! The same artist goes by another alias for mostly dubstep related work, which sounds pretty close to jungle imo.

post #5379 of 5745
Quote:
Originally Posted by deciBel23 View Post

Is June 2013 new? Unfortunately, the EP I linked was a one-off for that artist. That particular alias usually does hardcore DnB.

Well my last good white label I bought in 99, so ya that's new wink.gif

I like the d n b and break-oriented dub step a lot, but that was a refreshing slab of jungle. Thanks again, will be hunting more
post #5380 of 5745
I like Skrillex's new album, it's actually quite good. My favourite song is **** That.

On a side note: anybody here listen to the Digitally Imported Radio station on there phones ? Basically it's an internet station that plays various EDM sub genres.
post #5381 of 5745

I like house, well, some of it, but I don't understand the hype. Deadmau5 is considered a god by most people's standards and I find nearly all his tracks to be monotonous and boring.

post #5382 of 5745

Currently having loads of brainless fun listening to this (I particularly like the funky guitar at 3:30) :

 

post #5383 of 5745

Most plain house bores me to death. Not that that many people even seem to be making it these days. Prog house on the other hand I could happily listen for days. The good stuff, naturally. Well-executed deep and tech house also never fail to pique my interest. I get bored easily if the music is mediocre, but repetition has nothing to do with it. There's good and bad repetition, and in the right hands a piece where minimal development is one of the goal, the result can be marvelous. Making something that is complex and appealing takes a lot of effort. Making something that seems simple but works exceptionally well requires something that you can't make up for with just countless hours of work: experience, skill and taste, and of course that ever-important spark of inspiration.

post #5384 of 5745
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Elite View Post

Most plain house bores me to death. Not that that many people even seem to be making it these days. Prog house on the other hand I could happily listen for days. The good stuff, naturally. Well-executed deep and tech house also never fail to pique my interest. I get bored easily if the music is mediocre, but repetition has nothing to do with it. There's good and bad repetition, and in the right hands a piece where minimal development is one of the goal, the result can be marvelous. Making something that is complex and appealing takes a lot of effort. Making something that seems simple but works exceptionally well requires something that you can't make up for with just countless hours of work: experience, skill and taste, and of course that ever-important spark of inspiration.
well said. I agree... Although I haven't heard prog house, only progstep.
post #5385 of 5745

Putting this one out there because I'm quite sure someone here is going to enjoy it. Now halfway through I can say that it's a well produced album in my opinion. Plus, it's a Name Your Price.

 

http://stateazure.bandcamp.com/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)