Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) - Page 338

post #5056 of 5701

Just got done uploading my set from Temple Nightclub on Friday. For any of you guys who like Big Room, Progressive House, and Festival Trap give it a listen. :)
https://soundcloud.com/raidzero/raid-zeros-birthday-set-temple

post #5057 of 5701

Ishome - Confession

http://fuselab.bandcamp.com/album/confession

 

I've been anxiously waiting for this album since I heard her astounding "Eva" EP in mid-2012. Today I learned the debut had finally come out in May and immediately purchased it. I must say that it almost meets my ridiculously high expectations and I would without question recommend it to anyone who has an interest in masterfully crafted, well produced and intricately detailed electronic music with depth. You can stream it for free in its entirety on Bandcamp. Give it a shot; hopefully you like what you hear.

 

post #5058 of 5701

^ Like that album quite a bit. The first track I use regularly when in need of bass :biggrin:

 

Check the fair lady


Edited by moriez - 10/4/13 at 2:09am
post #5059 of 5701

 

 

Check out Haywyre if you haven't :)

post #5060 of 5701

A couple of Minimal Tech House Mixes done with Traktor DJ on iPad

 

http://i.mixcloud.com/CDxx1w

 

http://i.mixcloud.com/CDyCsR

post #5061 of 5701

shanebro - Where Hearts and Minds Collide

https://shanebro.bandcamp.com/album/where-hearts-and-minds-collide

 

Something for the possible chiptune fans browsing this thread. This great album is available for the price of your choosing, in the format of your choosing. Lossless for free if you wish, but please do consider donating a few bucks to this guy for his efforts if the album is to your liking.

post #5062 of 5701

No one here has mentioned Destroid yet. It's Excision, Downlink and KJ Sawka. My favorite track from The Invasion EP is 

post #5063 of 5701

^That's actually pretty good. I can't stand most of Excision and Downlink's stuff... too epileptic, if you will.

post #5064 of 5701
Back in May excision confirmed that they were going to release the invasion on cd, and I'm still waiting for it to come out so I can have a physical copy. He posted a picture of the CD on twitter about a week ago and I can't wait to add it to my collection.

I'm actually going to see datsik in a month. He's bringing his 80,000 watt PK sound system so I should be able to put my earplugs to good use. Going to be mental!
post #5065 of 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckle490 View Post

Back in May excision confirmed that they were going to release the invasion on cd, and I'm still waiting for it to come out so I can have a physical copy. He posted a picture of the CD on twitter about a week ago and I can't wait to add it to my collection.

I'm actually going to see datsik in a month. He's bringing his 80,000 watt PK sound system so I should be able to put my earplugs to good use. Going to be mental!

 

Yup, the CD will be out October 18.  It's already a very high-quality recording, I'm sure the uncompressed CD is just superb :) (plus the disc art looks awesome ^_^).  Datsik on a PK sound system will be mental. :D I always wonder how much my hearing has been damaged from Electronic shows....

post #5066 of 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post

Yup, the CD will be out October 18.  It's already a very high-quality recording, I'm sure the uncompressed CD is just superb smily_headphones1.gif  (plus the disc art looks awesome ^_^).  Datsik on a PK sound system will be mental. biggrin.gif  I always wonder how much my hearing has been damaged from Electronic shows....
I preordered the cd last night right after I posted that, can't wait to actually give the whole thing a listen.
Datsik will be my first show, i was suppose to go see bassnectar last fall but the show got canceled, and I would have seen bassnectar at the Memphis music festival but I was sick. Can't wait to see datsik though. Protohype and funtcase are opening for him.
post #5067 of 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckle490 View Post
Datsik will be my first show, i was suppose to go see bassnectar last fall but the show got canceled, and I would have seen bassnectar at the Memphis music festival but I was sick. Can't wait to see datsik though. Protohype and funtcase are opening for him.

Assuming you're under the age of 25, you're gonna love it :D it's quite a bit different from "traditional" concerts, but it's some of the most fun you'll ever have. First time's a bit awkward, but you pick up on what you need to do quickly enough.  Protohype and Funtcase should wreck it as well :L3000: I was supposed to see Datsik (and Destroid) at a festival earlier this year, but that got cancelled :( 


Edited by wes008 - 10/7/13 at 11:22am
post #5068 of 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post
 

Assuming you're under the age of 25, you're gonna love it :D it's quite a bit different from "traditional" concerts, but it's some of the most fun you'll ever have. First time's a bit awkward, but you pick up on what you need to do quickly enough.  Protohype and Funtcase should wreck it as well :L3000: I was supposed to see Datsik (and Destroid) at a festival earlier this year, but that got cancelled :( 

 

Yeah, I'm 17 and I'm going with a few college buddies. Why is the first time a little awkward? I need to purchase protohype's newest EP to hear what he sounds like. I'm not going to lie the whole destroid live show thing looks a bit cheesy but I'm sure its a whole lot of fun. 

:beerchug: 

post #5069 of 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckle490 View Post
 

 

Yeah, I'm 17 and I'm going with a few college buddies. Why is the first time a little awkward? I need to purchase protohype's newest EP to hear what he sounds like. I'm not going to lie the whole destroid live show thing looks a bit cheesy but I'm sure its a whole lot of fun. 

:beerchug: 

First time is slightly weird because there's a certain mindset you have to be in, and the experience is so unique, you have no idea what that mindset is until after you've experienced it once. I'm making it sound scary, it's not :P it's just the crowd, man. Just like being at a Metal concert is unique, or Rap, etc. I think, actually, the only genre that I was able to fit in without experiencing that genre live before was Shoegaze :P 

 

And yeah, the Destroid show looks cheesy. Cheesy AWESOME. :L3000: In the end, it is just guys pushing buttons and playing music, but the whole science behind it fascinates me.  The getup and effects are overblown, but hey, it's like Electronic Ghost B.C. :D And KJ Swaka (former Pendulum drummer) is a beast :eek: that he can do what he does while wearing that restricting suit....

post #5070 of 5701

 

 

Masterpiece?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)