Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) - Page 321

post #4801 of 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

yea bonobo was recommended here a couple of posts back, made me download both albums, im loving them to bits!

 

 

haha, i agree. but thats why i have 3-4 of his albums, to continue enjoying his brilliant music! i was going to link a free download of one of his albums, but i see its no longer free XD 

still, if youre interested, i really like this album - http://syntheticepiphany.bandcamp.com/album/the-archives sub bass assault! 

Damn that album is amazing...

 

I'm quite liking this album at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A44iXmvpqeU&list=PL2bMwLneXJyrwc-VWUk0zKvBwDrkzR1z8

post #4802 of 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanotter View Post

Damn that album is amazing...

 

I'm quite liking this album at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A44iXmvpqeU&list=PL2bMwLneXJyrwc-VWUk0zKvBwDrkzR1z8


thats pretty cool. thanks

post #4803 of 5701

After 5 listens through Daft Punk's Random Access Memories on vinyl I must say that as an album I like it more than Discovery. Discovery had the killer first 4-5 tracks and to the end for example Face to Face, my favorite electro song. It's very uneven as and album imo.

 

RAM has beautiful songs throughout the whole span, some not as interesting as others. The tempo feels a bit too slow at times so that I get a bit drowsy time to time but the melodies, production and groove is very real. I really would like to learn to play drums imitating this record.

 

Giorgio By Moroder is a killer track. Touch hasn't really done anything for me. In interviews they've called it their magnum opus but it just doesn't fit to the record imo. It's not really a dance track to me with all the experimenting, it breaks the mood and flow.

 

This record is probably a grower, not a shower. The value is really in the production and real instruments recorded in analog format. It's down to Earth, simple and beautiful o2smile.gif

post #4804 of 5701

I've been addicted to this song since I got ATOLS' 3rd album in the mail a few days ago.

 

post #4805 of 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirnupiima View Post

After 5 listens through Daft Punk's Random Access Memories on vinyl I must say that as an album I like it more than Discovery. Discovery had the killer first 4-5 tracks and to the end for example Face to Face, my favorite electro song. It's very uneven as and album imo.

 

RAM has beautiful songs throughout the whole span, some not as interesting as others. The tempo feels a bit too slow at times so that I get a bit drowsy time to time but the melodies, production and groove is very real. I really would like to learn to play drums imitating this record.

 

Giorgio By Moroder is a killer track. Touch hasn't really done anything for me. In interviews they've called it their magnum opus but it just doesn't fit to the record imo. It's not really a dance track to me with all the experimenting, it breaks the mood and flow.

 

This record is probably a grower, not a shower. The value is really in the production and real instruments recorded in analog format. It's down to Earth, simple and beautiful o2smile.gif


I used to have an opinion of Discovery similar to yours, liking only the first four tracks + "Something About Us". But then I gave the whole album another listen on my dad's old stereo system (which probably isn't hi-fi grade, but is still clearly better than my laptop's onboard audio), and then all of the tracks from "High Life" to "Face To Face" grew into new favorites, and caused me to wonder why I didn't like these songs the first time I listened to them. You could say I rediscovered this album. biggrin.gif

 

That said, I agree with your assessment on RAM. While it's strange that these two robots are sounding more "organic" with every new release, they still manage to retain at least some of their old magic. While it doesn't trump Discovery imo, RAM might be able to grow on me more than Homework did.       

post #4806 of 5701
Thread Starter 
I don't think there's a bad song in Discovery at all. That album is wonderful front to back.
post #4807 of 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I don't think there's a bad song in Discovery at all. That album is wonderful front to back.

I think we'll have to settle to disagree on this one tongue.gif (it's one of the very few albums I feel like skipping tracks) The good stuff is very  inspirational and brilliant.

post #4808 of 5701
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirnupiima View Post

I think we'll have to settle to disagree on this one tongue.gif
 (it's one of the very few albums I feel like skipping tracks) The good stuff is very  inspirational and brilliant.

YOUR OPINION IS WRONG.
post #4809 of 5701

NO YOURS IS. I HAVE A BABE IN MY AVATAR YOU HAVE A HAIRY DUDE

post #4810 of 5701

while not a fan of daft punk, and while staying away from this argument, i still find this funny tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post


YOUR OPINION IS WRONG.
post #4811 of 5701

Had not been listening to my Daft Punk albums in many years now as I had growed bored of them, the new album made me listen to them again. I would call almost all their albums good, and on the new album Giorgio by Moroder is brilliant.

 

Othern thant that my wife styarts to get mad from me taking on Giorgio by Moroder or Get Lucky since whe got them both on her mind smily_headphones1.gif


Edited by Leonarfd - 5/21/13 at 2:02am
post #4812 of 5701

new DJ Fresh single

 

 

edit: oh yea, note the headphones the drummer is using, im sure youll recognize them

 

new Phaeleh album "Tides" to be released 1st of July. heres a track from it

 


Edited by adamlr - 5/21/13 at 4:33am
post #4813 of 5701
Thread Starter 
Man...DJ Fresh is one of my favorites out there...but that single was TERRIBLE. That was nowhere near the stardard I hold him to.

I blame Diplo.
post #4814 of 5701

i actually thought it was cool... dancey and hip-hopy, but i dont think it was bad. its actually really good until dominique-really-long-uncatchy-name started singing, but even then. one for the clubs more than for my private music collection though, ill give you that

post #4815 of 5701

Double post

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)