Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) - Page 268

post #4006 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

I've been listening to Xilent's remix of Sleepless by Excision and caved and bought Evol Intent's Era of Diversion. I'm hoping it's good.

You're gonna be happy, it's an excellent album, up there with Noisia and Spor IMO.
post #4007 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJam View Post


You're gonna be happy, it's an excellent album, up there with Noisia and Spor IMO.

 

I just started listening to it, and so far, I'm liking what I'm hearing. Seems like this is going to be a good album for the money spent. I'm considering picking up Noisia's Split the Atom, but I can't get the courage enough to justify the money.

post #4008 of 5664
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

I just started listening to it, and so far, I'm liking what I'm hearing. Seems like this is going to be a good album for the money spent. I'm considering picking up Noisia's Split the Atom, but I can't get the courage enough to justify the money.

Get the special edition. It's well worth it.
post #4009 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post


well, as iv said before, i wont be participating too often in this thread because iv been getting some really bad fatigue lately, which has cut down the time i spend listening to music by quite a lot, but for what little time i have spent with new music, this was really cool to have, so thank you very much H20, going on this one, and the other one you posted a while back, youv got a cool scene over there in Germany, couldnt really find most of the artists participating in these compilations, which is too bad, but still, some of those tracks are brilliant, cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

Thanks for this. Also picked up some other versions of their albums in FLAC. Digging the artists in Germany.


You're welcome guy's, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the Ethnostep albums by subbass, the others are great. By the way I'm not from Germany... Australia here. I do however have the patience to sift through bandcamp and find us the goodies. wink.gif
Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/23/12 at 8:44pm
post #4010 of 5664
post #4011 of 5664

Evol Intent, Spor, Noisia, and no mention of Andy C? Also Feed Me is Spor's dubstep alias (if you're into that kind of stuff). A few other noteworthy d&b artists Dom & Roland, Calibre, Teebee & K, ASC, Blu Mar Ten, Bassnectar, Ed Rush & Optical and Bachelors of Science.

 

EDIT H20 Aussie powah!


Edited by h2oxide - 12/24/12 at 2:36am
post #4012 of 5664
Feel da love man, feel da love. etysmile.gif
post #4013 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

I just started listening to it, and so far, I'm liking what I'm hearing. Seems like this is going to be a good album for the money spent. I'm considering picking up Noisia's Split the Atom, but I can't get the courage enough to justify the money.

Get the special edition. It's well worth it.

Special Edition is like 32 tracks. And if beatport still has the sale you can get it for $6.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oxide View Post

Evol Intent, Spor, Noisia, and no mention of Andy C? Also Feed Me is Spor's dubstep alias (if you're into that kind of stuff). A few other noteworthy d&b artists Dom & Roland, Calibre, Teebee & K, ASC, Blu Mar Ten, Bassnectar, Ed Rush & Optical and Bachelors of Science.

EDIT H20 Aussie powah!
Lol Andy C is a class of his own. I don't consider him a very good producer but his djing is top notch. I've heard better DJs, but when talking about spor evol intent and noisia, I don't expect Andy C to come up in convo.
post #4014 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oxide View Post

Evol Intent, Spor, Noisia, and no mention of Andy C? Also Feed Me is Spor's dubstep alias (if you're into that kind of stuff). A few other noteworthy d&b artists Dom & Roland, Calibre, Teebee & K, ASC, Blu Mar Ten, Bassnectar, Ed Rush & Optical and Bachelors of Science.

EDIT H20 Aussie powah!

I dunno about Andy C, but Calyx & Teebee are up there, same with Memtrix as well as Neonlight. And feed me is really just Spor's electro house alias, he makes dubstep under both names (for example: Strange Behavior was supposed to be on Spor's album two years ago, and like a few other songs he put it under Feed Me). Good list though.
post #4015 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post


Lol Andy C is a class of his own. I don't consider him a very good producer but his djing is top notch. I've heard better DJs, but when talking about spor evol intent and noisia, I don't expect Andy C to come up in convo.


whu? i dont know... i have alot of respect for andy c... maybe its because he was one of the first dnb artists i ever heard. i can definitely vouch for his top notch djing though. i saw him live at a festival where he performed in the middle of the day, back to back with the most successful artists in the scene and he delivered a stellar show!

 

speaking of first times in edm genres, guess whats out?

Skreamizm, Vol. 7

 

1000

post #4016 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJam View Post


I dunno about Andy C, but Calyx & Teebee are up there, same with Memtrix as well as Neonlight. And feed me is really just Spor's electro house alias, he makes dubstep under both names (for example: Strange Behavior was supposed to be on Spor's album two years ago, and like a few other songs he put it under Feed Me). Good list though.

Yeah actually come to think of it Feed Me isn't too dubstep-y. Only shares few elements with it.

 

Eh I consider Andy C a very talented DJ.
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post


whu? i dont know... i have alot of respect for andy c... maybe its because he was one of the first dnb artists i ever heard. i can definitely vouch for his top notch djing though. i saw him live at a festival where he performed in the middle of the day, back to back with the most successful artists in the scene and he delivered a stellar show!

 

speaking of first times in edm genres, guess whats out?

Skreamizm, Vol. 7

 

1000

Any good? Haven't heard any of his Skreamizm volumes

post #4017 of 5664

 

Listening to this at 4am with laptop speakers. Ftw.

post #4018 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oxide View Post

 

Any good? Haven't heard any of his Skreamizm volumes


iv only given it a brief listen, seems pretty good, the first track is terrible, the rest is cool, continuing in the same direction he took with vol.6. ill give it a proper listen before making up my mind about it.

heres my favorite track:

 

if you havnt listened to any of the skreamizm volumes at all, you should definitely give volumes 4 and 5 a good listen, theyr superb imho.

 

edit: heres another track


Edited by adamlr - 12/25/12 at 6:24am
post #4019 of 5664
Thread Starter 

The new Skream minds me a lot of the old Chasing Shadows...and that's a very good thing.

post #4020 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

The new Skream minds me a lot of the old Chasing Shadows...and that's a very good thing.


good point!

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)